No, sorry. It's purely for decoration only (ie: just something to bomb)

Wrench

kevin stein

So for all 3 games SF/WoV and WoE, there are no surface to surface missiles which are AI driven?

I think there is an add-on pack that has Kayushkas, and a more recent MRLS one.

I ain't looking for it, so I will leave you to hit the search button.

Up there, on the right...

Many thanks! I go search for them. By the way, I want to know if ships fire surface-2-surface missiles?

They should be able too...

I remember seeing Osa's firing Silkworms in a test mission I'd set up for testing them for the Iran/Irag mod.

I'll see if I can find the ini tweeks; but you'll still need the ships from Capun's site.

Wrench

kevin stein

Capun's site is it? Many thanks for the pointer Wrench!

Capun site has no ships or I don't know where to find them?

I started testing a working scud not long ago .

Scud.jpg

I started testing a working scud not long ago .

It doesn't look like a stock SCUD. Let me look into the download section to see if I can find something useful.

Edited by Basher11

bigal1:

I'm going mad! Mental! Whatever you call it!! How do you detach that missile from the launcher's rail? The stock SCUD-B_DATA.ini says nothting about these 2 parts of the whole SCUD-B laucn platform.

Please tell us how do you do it, or at least some hints? I really want to obtain the details.

I had to make a new model for the launcher and missile , there's not too much to finish off so i'll try get on it this week and upload when finished .

I had to make a new model for the launcher and missile , there's not too much to finish off so i'll try get on it this week and upload when finished .

Thank you.I'll be looking forward to this too. :good:

Agreed!!!

Working SCUDs would be a blast to have in the DS mod. Right now, they only exist as 2 types:

fixed launchers at 'hidden' sites or,

a mobile version for running around the desert on armed recon missions

Wrench

kevin stein

Agreed!!!

Working SCUDs would be a blast to have in the DS mod. Right now, they only exist as 2 types:

fixed launchers at 'hidden' sites or,

a mobile version for running around the desert on armed recon missions

Wrench

kevin stein

Yeah right. especially if they are pointed in the direction of Tel-Aviv :blink::biggrin:

I think I'm gonna look for shelter now. :blowup:

Edited by Mannie

Yeah right. especially if they are pointed in the direction of Tel-Aviv :blink::biggrin:

I think I'm gonna look for shelter now. :blowup:

Yesterday, I was trying to get a feel about how to do a modification to a naval vessel. I changed the PatrolBoat_Data.ini to include the Styx SSM. It shows up with the Styx around the CG of the boad and the whole thing looks weird.

So I can now imagine in the case of the SCUD, you will have to make the launcher and the missile. O, that's too much work and I don't have 3D Max Studio, I don't think I can do it myself.

In the past, I modified Falcon 4's SCUD missiles and because they are already made in separated parts I could easily change the characteristic of the missiles and get everything done. Now I can't do the same to the SCUD in this game.

well this is very good!

i like it hehe

anyway, going a bit offtopic... will be a new patriot SAM in new DS mod?

im just askin, because i remember to read some Patriots shooting down SCUDs

Hmm funny you mention the Patriot system , i have been racking my branes trying to get 1 missile to shoot another down but as yet no good results . If anyone has thoughts on this plz share :smile: would be cool to have patriots defending bases against the scuds .

Don't burn too much energy on this one...

Weapons as of right now do not target other weapons. As far as I know (and I've tried).

So if you put AGM-86s in the air...nothing will currently shoot them down...

FastCargo

Yep thought as much , ah well was worth finding out about :deadhorse:

Hmm funny you mention the Patriot system , i have been racking my branes trying to get 1 missile to shoot another down but as yet no good results . If anyone has thoughts on this plz share :smile: would be cool to have patriots defending bases against the scuds .

The only missile intercept that is simulated is found in LOMAC. Cruisers shoot down incoming SS missiles. That is impressive and realistic actually.

Don't burn too much energy on this one...

Weapons as of right now do not target other weapons. As far as I know (and I've tried).

So if you put AGM-86s in the air...nothing will currently shoot them down...

FastCargo

Understandable. I mean if we use AI to cheat then it is not hard to simulate a missile intercepting another missile. But we won't call that as "simulate" do we? If we design using realistic trajectory and guidance to simulate that will be too much of work. So I tend to believe that will not be likely to happen!

No ships at Capun's site......really??

http://cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/IronWorks.html

Blimey! Many thanks Stormtrooper!!

But I think it requires payment. The site is password locked!! :dntknw:

Edited by Basher11