Sign in to follow this  
Dave

First Eagles Patch is Out

Thank you for the heads up! Downloading as I type.

Made a quick 1st run, defensive patrol, and was pleasantly stunned!

Looked nice, slightly better frames, and then ran into the enemy. Sicced my wingies on `em, and ended up bagging one, just as another killed my engine.

Wow!

Was over an Allied airbase, glided in and landed, then went to watch the show. Wingies had already torn up the other two, leaving one. :blink:

Watched them work him, the lead guy peppered a few in, and peeled off. The guy behind did not open fire until the other Camel was clear, then pounded away.

Final score? I got one, as did 2, and 3 got a pair to himself! I like it!

:good:

And my briefing map did not show the big black blech in the middle anymore for my 8800 GTS card...

What effect on/with latest Petr01 FM mods?

sinbad

sinbad

Well since the patch just came out, probably no one knows at this point. I would make a clean install, patch up then drop and in and see what happens. I mean that would be the best way to determine what is what.

Eh, so does it bring FE up to FE Expansion Pack 1 standards or do we still need both?

It apparently installs over the top of either, and would I guess bring them both to a common standard.

sinbad

Haven't tried it yet but if you will note in the readme the patch overwrites all the stock A/C data.inis so it will overwrite Peter01s FMs for the stock A/C. How would it affect Peter's FMs? I would suggest doing a side by side comparison between the old stock EP 1 A/C data.ini and the new patch A/C data.ini to see if there are changes. That may indicate if Peter's might need further tweaking. You might also want to compare the AI data and such between the old and new AircraftObject.ini. If the data is the same then Peter's FM data should work. If there are changes then.... :dntknw: Like USAFMTL suggests, I wouldn't do anything until I backed up all the files that the patch overwrites.

Right. With the JonesSoft mod enabler it is relatively easy. I have a huge file of mods.

It is the only way I remain able to pretend I am sane.

I'll play about a bit, but really want to hear what Peter01 has to say.

sinbad

Right. With the JonesSoft mod enabler it is relatively easy. I have a huge file of mods.

Yep, I use Jonesoft too. And have segmented out the stock A/C data.inis. Will D/L tonight and get back into this sim. :yes:

Anyone else notice that if you turn off the cockpit now the rest of the plane is still there, effectively negating the entire purpose of turning off the cockpit (to see all that's going on without the plane in the way)??

In WOI it doesn't do that.

It does seem that the patch for WOI did something similar, as it used to be with cockpit off your entire plane disappeared, leaving only the weapons which you could see if you looked at your 5 or 7 o'clock. Now I can see the wings are still back there. However, in FE, only the instrument panel/stick/floor/seat disappear.

I can see the rotating engine, the vibrating exhaust pipes, and the wings and guns and cowling don't disappear.

Is there some way to reset that back to the way it was?

It is the only way I remain able to pretend I am sane.

I'll play about a bit, but really want to hear what Peter01 has to say.

sinbad

The FMs and AI seem fine with the Patch.

Only thing, TK must have made a change to the Aircraftobject.ini, as the alternative Aircraftobject.ini's I provided result in the blip switches in the rotary powered planes not working - in my game at least. As I only changed the skill levels, you can copy that part from mine to an extracted Aircraftobject.ini from the new patch, if you want. I'll probably update the downloads down the track.

WELL I INSTALLED OVER SLIGHTLY MODDED (JUST ADDON AC)

NO TROUBLES ONLY THING I HAD TO REDO MY PILOT NAME AND RESET MY CONTROLS AND CHANGE A FEW FOR THE ENGINE AND BLIP SWITCH

BUZZED A GERMAN AIR FIELD COMPLETE WITH PLANES AND AIR CRAFT SERVICE CREWS.

ALL SET ON HARD 10 KILLS IN 2 MISSIONS WHAT FUN

Hi guys..

Well I wasnt sure whether to apply this patch in case it caused lots of hassle with all my mods but I backed everything up and took the plunge..mostly it seems to have vastly improved the gameplay from what i can see and has certainly made it more challenging, its also great now that you have a list of all the Medals you have earned, thanks TK for that..

The only problem I can see so far is that I cant seem to get my Bombs and Rockets back working after the patch..after some mucking about with the weapons Editor ive managed to see the rockets on my Aircraft but strangely I cant seem to fire them!! lol.. thats got me a mite confused!! No sign of any Bombs anywhere yet though..ill keep tinkering about with it as i dont like to get defeated so easily! Wingmen AI is definately improved from what I can see, they now seem to attack enemies a bit better and will bring some down quite often too (quite a new event for me!)..less spins and random crashing to the ground from planes i notice too, thats good...also Im getting less crashes to Desktop from Certain types of missions, thats also a good thing..I had to delete my old Pilot Record and campaign saves as it was all messed up after I applied the patch but thats no biggie, with the new Improvements I dont mid starting again..

I hope to get the Rockets and Bombs working by the end of today, if im very lucky!!! I tried applying Poppy's fixes to apply the Rockets to the Camel and it worked (well I can see them there but not use them so far!) although silly me forgot that it seemed to add ANOther 5 rockets as of course im not running the Expansion pack so I now have 10 rockets each wing and it looks mad! lol...

Anyway, greets to all here and look forward to many more hours of F.E. Gaming...;0)..looking forward to you new Screen Layouts Guitar, they look amazing..

Rab Watson

Sockboy

Fife

Scotland

Hi guys..

Quick update...After last night mucking about with Weapons Editors, Inis and Data files I have to say this has got me well and truly stumped..I can see my Rockets and Bombs on Aircraft just as I always did but I cant seem to use them or select them in any manner...hmmmmmm..I have also went into my Controls to see if they have somehow changed keys for the various functions to use Bombs and Rockets but I cant see any difference in my Controls since Before I applied the latest patch...and yes I can select Bombs, Rockets and Hand Grenades on Loadout..lol..

Before the patch I had working Bombs and Le Preuir Rockets on all aircraft that were supposed to have them for certain types of missions and I could drop Bombs and Fire Rockets at will...cant figure out how that has now changed..ive even re-downloaded, and put in, all new weapons files (lods,Bmps etc) for all the WW1 Weapons I did have and new weapons data ini files too..wish I knew what to do next but have to admit im stumped..lol.. Apart from that all Aircraft are flying very well, Enemy A.I is better and seems more aggresive, a lot less crashes to Desktop and planes no longer spin uncontrollably or crash into the ground for no apparent reason! lol..

Any other F.E Players who have recently installed the new patch to a pre-E.P. Install experiencing similar problems with not being able to use Bombs and Rockets? Id love to know..perhaps one of you modding Gurus can come with a workable solution for me!!!

Many thanks, in advance, for all your help and big shout to all here from Rainy Scotland

Rab Watson

Sockboy

Fife

Scotland

Edited by sockboy

Hi all...

Just tried flying the 'Junkers D1' on an offensive Mission with 'Bombs' selected on the Loadout Screen...I can see my 4 wee Bombs under my fuselage (I know many of the Bombs in game dont show but are still 'in' the Actual Aircraft) but.... I cant select them or drop them!!! Arghhhhhhhh!!! I want to try a Campaign but there doesnt seem much point if I cant do the Bombing Missions...Any Help Gratefully received!!!! lol... Driving me mad this...

Rab Watson

Sockboy

Fife

Scotland

Hi Sockboy,

Which Aircraftobject.ini are you using?

If you have one in your "Objects" directory, rename it to say "my Aircraftobject.ini". and try again. It will revert to the one that came with the game automatically (in a cat file).

I'd say that should work, but I don't have the pre-EP game patched, so its an educated guess...seems TK has done something with the Aircraftobject.ini that causes some problems when you use previous versions, probably both in patched pre-EP and in patched EP as well!!. As you say, its becoming a mouthful lol....

Edited by peter01

Hi Peter...

Thanks for your reply...Peter...your an absolute star mate..Thanks ever so much, I now have working Rockets and Bombs again..Woohoo!!! The AircraftObject.Ini is one of the few things id completely forgotten about and therefore never touched the one which was sitting in my Objects Folder!!!! Doh!!!! Followed your instructions and..Hey Presto... I downed a Balloon with a Rocket and also Bombed a Runway...Great!!! I can get back to re-doing my Campaigns again now..Thanks again for all your help and not only for me, but for the game in General, and on Behalf of the whole F.E. Community for your Ongoing Work...Well done...im glad I posted though as it may help someone else with the same problems down the line..

Have a great weekend...

A much happier sockboy...;0)

Rab

Scotland

:salute:

I absolutely love the new patch for one simple reason. Yet again tweaked bullet vs. armor balance :yes: Suspected this after a short test run... checked just now with test mission duel of SPAD 13 vs. Alb D.III. Post mission report shows it took 45(!!!) hits to down the Hun (wasted about 400 bullets). No more scoring a quick kill squeezing the trigger when an enemy plane dashes through your sights. One shot-one kill now works only if you put a bullet right in the back of their head :biggrin:

Also plane is no longer considered destroyed on the spot if you lose a wing. My dream came true. :rolleyes:

BTW, ejection button works :dntknw: maybe TK will make something out of it. Or remove it...

BTW, ejection button works :dntknw: maybe TK will make something out of it. Or remove it...

I noticed it listed in the command section as "Bail Out" - was thinking whether any WW1 pilots had this option - I suspect not

Guess you can put it to be unassigned - then you wont get the urge to cheat :)