Sign in to follow this  

Can anybody help me with a problem I'm encountering at the moment? I've installed the latest weapons

pack and have all my I's dotted and T's crossed where my ini's are concerned but whenever I fire my

AIM-54 Phoenix missiles they seem to self detonate a few miles after launching.

:blowup:

Does anybody else have similar problems with these 'mysterious missiles'? Do I need to make ini

adjustments? :help:

It sounds to me like your missile might be loosing target lock after launch. At what range and parameters are you launching them, and at what target? Later aircraft have better jamming abilities.

It sounds to me like your missile might be loosing target lock after launch. At what range and parameters are you launching them, and at what target? Later aircraft have better jamming abilities.

Targets are almost always between 11 and 1 o' clock. From the start I've always kept the maximum distance to target

being 50 miles. In real life they're supposed to be self guiding after a couple of seconds but, need I tell you the result.

I'd understand if I messed with the missile data parameters but the files are as I received them. :dntknw:

Keep in mind, this is a game, and a lite sim a that. Try launching some at 10 miles and see what results you get. Also, what aircraft are you targeting. It makes a BIG difference. Try setting up a MiG-17 or MiG-15. Then do the same with a SU-27 launching against both at a variety of ranges to see what results you get. The SU-27 will be able to break lock to a much closer range that an early MiG, where as the early MiG may not even detect the threat.

Keep in mind, this is a game, and a lite sim a that. Try launching some at 10 miles and see what results you get. Also, what aircraft are you targeting. It makes a BIG difference. Try setting up a MiG-17 or MiG-15. Then do the same with a SU-27 launching against both at a variety of ranges to see what results you get. The SU-27 will be able to break lock to a much closer range that an early MiG, where as the early MiG may not even detect the threat.

The most sophisticated I've come across is the Flogger G or Foxbat A. Cheers for the info bud. Will try it out. :good:

Those aircraft shouldn´t make any trouble to the phoenix. Perhaps and advanced version of the flogger like yours could use chaff and all this s**t,

but your phoenix should down the foxbat under any circunstances you fire the missile :yes:

( im not meaning that if you loose a missile in middle of an empty desert, a Foxbat would appear for "intercepting" it) :biggrin:

Edited by macelena