Using the B-17F model, this represents one of the B-17Gs acquired (without guns) by the IDF/AF in 1948. I'll post it in the next couple of days.

LloydNB

post-2351-1207728953_thumb.jpg

Very nice. Thanks a lot.

What's the consensus now on using WOI for props? I'm wondering whether to shift my IAF pre-1967 install from SFG to WOI now that the patch is out.

Very nice. :good: On a side note, I changed the data.ini and loadouts for the C-47 as the Arabs used them for bombing. It ejects bombs out the cargo door. Did they really work that way or were they converted to have a bomb bay in the belly?

No, they just kicked 'em out the cargo door. Or rolled, it they were being lazy..

LloydNB has the data ini mods for the EAF Dak's -- I think he released the skin and mods some time ago. Should be in the d/ls section.

As to props...I haven't checked them with the patch yet, but several are having some 'diffuculties'

S-199/109G10 -- bleeds speed horrifically, and falls into unrecoverable spins

P-51 - harder to fly than before, haven't spent too much time with it.

Spit 5/9 - almost the same as in WoE, possibly more realistic than before.

Mc-205 - explodes on runways. In 'air starts', more sluggish than WoE

I still have to add the patch to the 'historic' mods and 'all Mid-East' mod (which includes the What IF IDF birds) and compare.

Personallly, I don't think there's any advantage in the patch with the WW2 aircraft - unless they get new flight models. I doubt I'll be patching my WW2 WoE installs when that patch comes out .... even with full install, backup copies to restore from.

Wrench

kevin stein

Ah, ok, thanks Kevin. I should have figured you guys were on top of that. :good:

On a side note, Lloyd, I have a fairly new template that i made for the Fort; I was attempting to do the IDF version. It's your's if you want it.

I also have a B-17 lod with NO turrets, other than the chin, that I used for the PB-1W. Had Capun make if for me last year sometime....

pb1w-1.jpg

it's like 99.9% done; I just never released it.

Wrench

kevin stein

Problem fixed. I left the layered psp file in and took the bmp file out by mistake.

LloydNB

Wrench, you have post-war B-17 there?

Nice, please release it.

Apologies guys

I've been having real problems with this skin. I zip it and it looks fine, but when I upload it to the site the subsequent download is corrupted.

I'm trying to fix it. I've changed the format to a rar file and it seems fixed. Please ignore the added version as they are all corrupted. I'll get them removed.

LloydNB