Sign in to follow this  
Rampstrike

A question about the MF weapons pack...

I just DL'd and installed the Mirage Factory Weapons Pack into my WOE install, mainly to get access to the finless F-14A fuel tanks, but after installing the pack, it seems that several previous weapons are no longer avaliable... important ones, like the AIM-7! I tried to fly a mission in the Tomcat circa 1983 and the only Sparrow variant was the AIM-7E-2, and before I'm pretty sure I was able to select an F or M model. Also, when I tried to fly a mission in the stock WOE F-15A, the AIM-7F is no longer available, again I could only use the E-2 variant. If I fly a mission in the Eagle dated after 1984, then I have NO Sparrows availabe at all! I saw nothing in the readme for the MF weaps pack that indicated any special instructions (it was a single .exe file), and no searches of the Knowledge Base turned up anything I could understand, either. What gives? I thought this would enhance the game, not pork it. Has anyone else had this issue? (And yes, I did try to do a search first).

Confused,

Rampstrike

I just DL'd and installed the Mirage Factory Weapons Pack into my WOE install, mainly to get access to the finless F-14A fuel tanks, but after installing the pack, it seems that several previous weapons are no longer avaliable... important ones, like the AIM-7! I tried to fly a mission in the Tomcat circa 1983 and the only Sparrow variant was the AIM-7E-2, and before I'm pretty sure I was able to select an F or M model. Also, when I tried to fly a mission in the stock WOE F-15A, the AIM-7F is no longer available, again I could only use the E-2 variant. If I fly a mission in the Eagle dated after 1984, then I have NO Sparrows availabe at all! I saw nothing in the readme for the MF weaps pack that indicated any special instructions (it was a single .exe file), and no searches of the Knowledge Base turned up anything I could understand, either. What gives? I thought this would enhance the game, not pork it. Has anyone else had this issue? (And yes, I did try to do a search first).

Confused,

Rampstrike

I almost had the same situation myself recently,although I was lucky enough to save the original weapons folder located in SFG/Objects. Hope you've done the same. I kept forgetting to save the originals until one day I downloaded some files which totally screwed things up. I suppose as they say you've got to learn the hard way

IIRC it's because the -F and -M are USAF designated instead of NATO. Should be an easy fix.

Confused,

Rampstrike

Dear Confused

I use the MF F-15A and have no problems.

Dear Confused

I use the MF F-15A and have no problems.

:whip:

<sigh> Sorry, Dave, I forgot... the MF makes no mistakes, nor do they release anything that everyone doesn't instantly fall in love with. I am obviously mistaken. Back to the vanilla install it is...

Thanks guys.

Edited by Rampstrike

:whip:

<sigh> Sorry, Dave, I forgot... the MF makes no mistakes, nor do they release anything that everyone doesn't instantly fall in love with. I am obviously mistaken. Back to the vanilla install it is...

Thanks guys.

Sorry it was a harmless joke. Sheesh. Thus why I said Dear Confused.......

Sorry it was a harmless joke. Sheesh. Thus why I said Dear Confused.......

Sorry, Dave.

It's late, I'm tired, and I just got my ass kicked in FIFA '08 on the Playstation. I need to go to bed. No harm intended...

-Ramp

Sorry, Dave.

It's late, I'm tired, and I just got my ass kicked in FIFA '08 on the Playstation. I need to go to bed. No harm intended...

-Ramp

Np, On a serious note, add NATO, USAF (which ever one is missing) to the data.ini under the weps section and you should be set.

Np, On a serious note, add NATO, USAF (which ever one is missing) to the data.ini under the weps section and you should be set.

Are you talking about the data.ini for the aircraft or the missiles? I looked at the weaponsdata. ini entries for the AIM-7F and M, and both have NATO and USAF listed.

The aircraft.

I forgot... the MF makes no mistakes, nor do they release anything that everyone doesn't instantly fall in love with.

Never forget that. Ever. :nono:

A simple way to avoid that issue all together, I have Nato and USAF for all american aircraft and both WP and Soviet for all russian made planes regardless of service.

On another note, does the MF weapons pack contain everything from bunyap's and all the aircraft specific stuff that has been released with the plane?

On another note, does the MF weapons pack contain everything from bunyap's and all the aircraft specific stuff that has been released with the plane?

IIRC the MF weapons packs contain only those weapons used by MF aircraft, including those that have no been released yet (Hello FA-18D tank! :biggrin: ). Nor have they all the country-specific weapons found in bunyap's pack.

But the MF weapons look a lot better (what a surprise!) :wink:

Edited by Gocad

No, its a whole new weps packs. We are adding things to them all the time. We are working on a newer WOI weps pack at the moment.

No, its a whole new weps packs. We are adding things to them all the time. We are working on a newer WOI weps pack at the moment.

Sweetness! I finally bought WOI about 2 days ago. WOI combined with the MF weapons pack, and the Kurnass pack is out-FLIPPIN-standing. Glad to hear an update is being worked on. Also, anyone notice that when you win a campaign it shows people waving the flag of the US and South Vietnam? I got a giggle out of it.

Sweetness! I finally bought WOI about 2 days ago. WOI combined with the MF weapons pack, and the Kurnass pack is out-FLIPPIN-standing. Glad to hear an update is being worked on. Also, anyone notice that when you win a campaign it shows people waving the flag of the US and South Vietnam? I got a giggle out of it.

WOI on hard has made me die...a lot. Haven't made it though campaign yet without get shot down.

WOI on hard has made me die...a lot. Haven't made it though campaign yet without get shot down.

The Re-Fly button was used a lot :biggrin:

I have...with my Tomcat; long range Phoenix keeps me alive without risking a dogfight and I'm not striking ground targets under adverse SAM conditions. And yes, I did notice the SV flag, was kind of like...WTF?

Hold over from WoV.

Them graphics dudes can get awfully pricey, ya know?

As to the refly button, it is my friend! :biggrin:

The only way I would have gotten through my 1st 3 campaigns. Especially the A-10 one I whipped up. Be very selective of missions, deep strikes east or west of the

Bekaa valley are to be avoided...

What? Win a campaign? How is that possible? I have yet to win one yet I was even thinking of lowering the settings just to see how it feels to win one :blink: Man I'm taking a real beating! BTW I was just thinking that some of these missions would be so friggin great if I could fly with some of my Combat Ace friends! Just think of the possibilities in a Alpha strike! :good:

My "refly" button has the texture worn off of it from repeated clickings. I might be on the THIRD mission of the campaign now. :biggrin: