Sign in to follow this  
WombRaider

Very Weird WOI Patch Problem

I installed the new update, now every plane that has a bomb bay door is now messed up, lol!

I added the 2006 weaponpack, plus some new stuff with the F-22, EF-2000, and such. I did it correctly, with the weapon editor, and merged it. You can get weapons in the bomb bays, but it only lets you select one. The F-22 is really strange. It will not let me use missles in the bays. I toyed with the grouping, and seperated both the bomb, and the missle bays. I got missles to be able to be used. What is wierd is, it is only with planes with bomb bays. I checked the C-47, C-130, B-52, and a few others too, all had the same dilema. I cant even put paratroopers into the middle of a tank battle!!! As I stated before, the only problems is with the bomb bays, not the outer stores. There is not even a loadout preset for any bomb bay, despite having a good loudout file. The F-22 worked flawlessly, loading 6 Aim-120C's, and the Aim-9X's, before this what seems to be a nothing update. I have not noticed any change in the gameplay, or performance.

Any ideas, or suggestions?

You porked something. Either in the merge of weapons, or the install of the patched. I would do a clean install of everything, add one thing at a time then go from there.

O.K., I have the latest WP for WOI and I have the WOI patch. However, for some odd reason, the F-22 (both versions) doesn't want to accept the AIM-120C in the weapons bay. I checked out the data.ini file for the F-22 and I haven't been able to find anything that would keep it from accepting the missile. I checked out the stats on the 120C in the weapons editor and it' basically the same as the 120A and B (only differences are in it's performance). It accepts the AIM-120A for the weapon bay, and it accepts the 120C for the external loadouts. But for some odd reason, it doesn't want that missile in the bay. Has anybody else had this issue?

EDIT....

Well, I guess I earn a dumb@$$ point. Just found out after posting this that someone else has reported a similar problem. Guess you can lock this up then.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Be advised, a couple of us are trouble shooting. Please stand by

Ok we are thinking merging weps packs is the problem. If you are going to use the WOI weps pack, don't merge it with anything. Add any additional weapons you want manually.

Clean Install

Patch

Add WOI Weps pack

Add any additional weps you want

Run through wep editor

Add F-22

then report with the with the results

I hate to say this, but I recommend the same.

What I have noticed, is that sometimes, even with a perfect INI entry, that the weps editor will inadvertenly tweak some values.

I built a weapons rack that it did that to for some reason. I had to reinput the values within the editor itself to make sure the values were compiled right in the the weapondata.dat file.

FastCargo

don't merge it with anything. Add any additional weapons you want manually.

That's pretty much what I been saying all along, in the loadout threads in the KB that no one seems to read...

Never had a merge that was successful...I've always done it one or three weapons at a time; in ANY version of the game. With either the BunyPak or TMF ... add only the weapons needed, as needed.

Slightly more work in the short term ... but long term benifits are (seemingly) much better.

WRench

kevin stein

Well, Dave and I have been dealing with this on ICQ. He mentioned not to merge and to manually input the weapon. I did that and still no joy. But for some odd reason, the F22A_B20 accepts the As. I did a copy of the A in the weaponseditor, changed it to a C (and changed the performance values to match a C), and it still won't accept it. Then I thought it might have been the lod, since I had changed it to a C, and there was no C lod in the weapons folder, so I changed it back to an A and still no progress. The regular F22A won't accept anything at all (in the bay that is). The oddest thing with all of this is that it's only the bays that are the problem with this, not the external loadouts. I can easily put a 120C on the external pylons.

I tried adding them manually too. It is not just the F-22, but any plane with a weapon bay I have tried.

Further testing, its porked big time. Can't get it to load JDAMS, going to try a couple other things as I got an idea.

Well nothing I did worked. I can load AIM-120A/B in the bay no problem, but no C's (only on wing). Can not load any thing into the bay that is A2G guided.

That just makes no sense (I'm not doubting you USAFMTL). That is a VERY odd thing...

I'll have some free time this weekend. I haven't patched yet. I'll do that and see what happens.

FastCargo

That just makes no sense (I'm not doubting you USAFMTL). That is a VERY odd thing...

I'll have some free time this weekend. I haven't patched yet. I'll do that and see what happens.

FastCargo

Wait until you try it FC, its the weirdest damn thing.

Hey Dave, maybe I was right. It could be some kind of an over-ride. Possibly in the SingleMission.dll file in the Flight folder. If so, then it's untouchable and only TK will be able to fix it.

Actually guys, I've sort of narrowed it down.

I reordered the missiles so that the C model comes before the B and A models in the weaponspack.

Guess what now shows as loadable in the loadout screen? You guessed it, the C model.

It's weird...it will select the first missile that comes up in the weaponspack, at the exclusion of any others that might be available. And it seems to only affect the internal bays.

Also, I'm not seeing the problem with the JDAMs you're having USAFMTL...I can get them to load normally.

FastCargo

It must be black magic or some kind of voodoo. So I guess this means the issue isn't WOI or the patch, but the weapons pack instead. I noticed that the WOI weapons pack left out a few features/nomenclatures that the WOE weapons pack had. Anyways, thanks FC for taking the time to go through this. Perhaps this should be posted in the KB incase anybody else in the future might pop up asking about this problem.

Thanks for the update. Definately progress if TK is going to look into it.

Well, it has been a week, and I cannot get weapons to load right into ANY aircraft with a bomb bay.

I wonder what the problem is, I checked the DATA ini against a stock plane(TU-16) and the values are right. This is a VERY weird problem indeed. Anyone found a cure?