Sign in to follow this  
Longestpants

What was your favorite childhood toy?

Simple enough. Everyone had a particular object, be it a little car, a yo-yo, a stuffed animal, or what have you, when they were little that they cherished above the rest. That thing went everywhere with you. Bed, meals, sandbox, maybe even school. Then again, perhaps it was too big and it stayed in your room.

I'm going to share mine, and I think it would be cool if you shared yours. :good:

----

Mine was a blue plastic rocking horse. Boy, I rode that thing every day playing cowboys and indians and a multitude of God knows what other games my imagination came up with.

I named him 'Woofy'. :biggrin:

Don't remember what happened to him...

But I did find a picture of his model on Craigslist:

post-24739-1207802230_thumb.jpg

Edited by Longestpants

Snap-tite Tomcat models...no sh*t I was into that plane at the age of 3 (1988). I got a shot of me with it back home but no scanner; VF-24 Red Checkertails (pre-Renegades) markings.

Edited by Caesar

Stuffed Animal I had and a diecast F-15C (Force one I believe).

As I got older it became a big plastic aircraft carrier that mimicked on the older Essex Class ships after the 50s upgrades. I had a whole assortment of small diecast planes to go with it. Skyhawks, intruders, vikings, and tomcats. I still have it up in a closet, along with another aircraft carrier I fashioned from an ironing board. various colored electrical tape, spray paint, and spare electrical and plumbing parts for the island super structure. I made it to hold these,

2060717884_f23aeab86f.jpg?v=0

A whole bunch of little toy cars, I had a squad car, trucks, an ambulance, a military hummer, jeeps, TV news van...

I loved playing with those things.

Tinkertoys.

You need an airplane. Boom.

You need a spaceship. Boom.

You need a building. Boom.

In combination with Matchbox cars and Hot Wheels I could create any world I wanted.

I also had a few die-cast and plastic airplanes that I loved. Still wish I had them.

die cast aircrafts and a huge number of lego-system-made things

but the best was a puppet, a strange animal i couldn't identify. it was my best friend.

other children always said i was mad because i liked aircrafts.

today the situation isn't changed, but now i can post here.

it's already something.

I was a dinosaur and shark freak when I was very young. If it walked, swam and potentially could eat you... I was all for it. Later I fell into a superhero and robot funk... Had many unique robots then that I "know" would be worth a mint now...

... Then can the computer and all was lost to this all-consuming beast.

I had this thing called a "System-7" that was a combination toy rifle, compass, secret decoder, detacheable spy periscope, etc. It shot little blue helicopter like things off of the front end. I played with that thing day and night when I was a kid and pretended I was a super secret government spy.

The GI Joe Skystriker (F-14). I had my dad take a tape recorder on a B-52 flight to record the engine sound from takeoff on. I use to walk around the block with the plane in one hand and the tape recorder in the other.

I also remember when my brother and I got them for Christmas. My dad wouldn't let us touch them until he put all the decals on both. I sware it took him at least 3-4 hours. An eternity for a kid on Christmas morning.

03toyskystriker.jpg

Heh, my friend had a Skystriker. I liked it better than the Rattler because the Rattler was too far from the real A-10. :grin:

For me, it was my Star Wars toys. I remember the landspeeder was the first vehicle, followed by an X-Wing and TIE Fighter, later the Falcon.

I had R2, C3PO, Leia, Obi Wan, Luke, Han, Vader, Chewie, and a Stormtrooper to start. I remember my R2 and 3PO wearing off their paint/decals from taking them in the tub with me--they floated!

For me, it was my Star Wars toys.

The AT-AT was the one toy I remember really wanting, but never got. They had them re-released last year and I bought one......for my daughter of course.

For me it was Legos, Transformers and GIJOEs (the 90's and onward lineup). Legos was cool because it let me recreate many things and often I played that with the family (my dad even invented a diode traffic-light system that actually worked, in the time before anything in Lego had a single battery except the ships' engines). Transformers were, well, the beginning of my mecha passion. And GIJOEs because I liked the tv series and they were way cooler than the Playmobil stuff I also had but always looked second-rate compared to the real american heroes (they were the same figure-size so it was possible to play with both, curiously) ... :rofl:

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

My favs were Legos, Logs and a enclosed BB gun shooting gallery. Later it was little army men (I had alot of them, had HUGE green vs tan battles), GI JOE, TF, Voltron etc.

Falcon

The AT-AT was the one toy I remember really wanting, but never got. They had them re-released last year and I bought one......for my daughter of course.

Yes, I even saw the Imperial Shuttle at Target! I still have that and the AT-AT in my garage. The shuttle now has a busted wing and my AT-AT looks its age (it's almost 30 years old!!!!!!) as well as the other SW toys I still have lying around here and there.

Cars,cars, cars. lots of car models. :biggrin:

Latter on plane models, and of course Football, or what my American friend call soccer. :good:

Well there were a few but the most played with was my Electric football game (I painted my own teams) and my model warplanes ( no snap tight crap for me I put them together myself and painted them) This is when I fell in love with the mighty F-4. Now this may be too far back for most of you to remember, many of you were not even born yet. Circa 1970 -1972 :biggrin:

I've always had this little F-16B, RAF Rescue Seasprite, and United 767. I've still got them.

I remember many years back my grandparents brought me a

gift from Southern England, and it was this bright green die-cast

metal clockwork powered submarine. This little gem actually

WORKED. It would dive and then resurface again a few yards

away. It was amazing! I think the company that manufactured

it was called SUTCLIFFE (?)

Ok now If I get my way as an ADULT, I'll be picking this up within

a few days:

yhst-38176160243944_1997_8688619.jpg

10232-352B.jpg

The Kyosho P-51D RC RTF electric flyer, 1/14th scale.

This will be the best toy so far.

:biggrin:

Evil Knievel motorcycle with hand winch (to jump a coffee table, the dog, and inadvertently a plate glass window which held thank God)

Evil Knievel rocket

and a Saturn 5 toy rocket

lets see legos toy soldiers, gi joe ,pellet gun ,bow and arrow for hunting rabbits, my bike ,and tons of tanks planes and navy models

Major Matt Mason, a toy M1 Garand that shot plastic bullets and a toy Thompson SMG that you pulled the bolt lever back and it would go rat a tat tat.

I built a lot of plastic model aircraft (Airfix, Revell - you know the drill). Then when I built em and painted em, I played with them until they broke. Then I bought new ones.

I lost count on how many F/A-18 Hornets I have built and broke, playing Independence Day.

Well my favourite toys where always the simplist for example , i get a toy car for christmas , i'd turn it upside down and stick a match stick in it and call it a .......even the box was a toy .......still simple things please simple minds lol duh :biggrin:

easily pleased :blink: lol