Sign in to follow this  
Salraine_Chi

Patches + YAP Question

I have patched my installs of WoI and FE and Im guessing patches are due for WoV & WoE as well to bring them up to Israel standards.

I have recently bought YAP and the first 2 mission packs which to a newcomer to the Wings series was a bit of a job to set up. Will I have to start from scratch with my YAP stuff and patch a new install of WoV and re install all the YAP stuff?

It took me ages to set up and Im sh!ting meself having to go through it all again. Im also dreading having to do my modded installs such as Vietnam 1984 and NATO 1 & 2.

Ta

Sal

I don't have YAP so I can't speak to specifics but there have been several threads regarding reinstalling mods after patching. I would study up on these.

My guess would be:

1. Fresh install of WOV.

2. Apply patch.

3. Reinstall YAP.

There is an alternative method whereby you can have a SEPARATE clean install of WOV to which you install the patch and then copy over the CAT and DLL files to your YAP modded install. Slightly more risky but it appears to work.

Does YAP not have an installer?

Edited by kirbykern

Kirbykern is correct.

That is why we strongly suggest to have a seperate install of WOV/YAP, and a seperate clean install of any specific game for the patch process. Saves you time and grief. A lot of us learned the hard way.

An installer will be considered once Zerocinco puts the padlock on YAP1.

Kirbykern is correct.

That is why we strongly suggest to have a seperate install of WOV/YAP, and a seperate clean install of any specific game for the patch process. Saves you time and grief. A lot of us learned the hard way.

An installer will be considered once Zerocinco puts the padlock on YAP1.

I have an install of both WoV and YAP. Looks like I will have a long night ahead of me when the patches come out then.

Ta

Sal