Sign in to follow this  
Sky High

Very Long Loading Times After New Patch

Hello all.Installed new patch in recommended sequence and find after adding all my mods using the generic mod enabler my game takes many minutes to load.This remains even after disabling all mods.I tried a new install and before adding the mods had an acceptable loadin, but once mods added it recurred.It is very frustrating.Any ideas anyone?

Edited by Sky High

I got one (you're gonna hate me for this): set some relaxing jazz as the loading screen sound.

:biggrin:

Actually, I haven't noticed any difference on my machine. If you posted your system specs, maybe someone competent (i.e. not me) could help you.

I have an C2D 6600, w/2GB of ram, a GeForce 8800 GTX with 756mb of RAM, a Mr Fusion (nah, just kidding), and I have also noticed the loading times have increased on WOI. Nothing show stopper, but something I have also noticed.

well, i didn't see diference at loading times, i just could percept the FPS increase

Skyhigh,

The loading times depend on the number of plane folders you have... with just the stock set, my machine loads the game in 5 secs, with all addons it takes about 1 min.

I don't use a mod enabler, but this would slow it down further IMO.

But even with a huge number of mods FE still loads faster than most of the other games I play - Il2, SH3&4, OFF.

Cheers

Thanks for all your replies.Maybe it's the fact that I put all the new planes in the mod enabler which I hadn't done before.Don't think it's my system as it worked great pre-patch, but I han't the planes in the enabler.

Hello all.Found my problem.It was having graphics set to unlimited.Setting all to high solved problem.