Sign in to follow this  
peter01

Compatability of addon FMs with patched Pre-EP Game

mmm, becoming a bit complex.

We have the EP game, with and without a patch, and we have the pre-EP game, with and without a new patch to bring it to EP standards (but not quite - extra planes like Camel etc other graphics, maybe other things ).

This is for those that patched their pre-EP games to "EP" standard with TW's recent patch.

If you use the add-on planes and the FMs I did, then there are some compatability issues, one pointed out to me about no pilots in planes, and another about exhaust smoke. Its because the EP (as against patched pre-EP game) has extra graphics eg, new pilots that TK hasn't made available.

So here's the solution, in a zip file below.

What I have done is extract the wwwipilot.bmp and wwwipilot.lod files from pre-EP game, and renamed them wwwipilotnew1 thru to wwwipilotnew4 (these are what are used in EP game). Sorry, can't give you the new pilot bmps, that would be making material available that TW have produced for the EP game. I have done a similar thing for the new RotaryExhaust effect - i use the pre-EP inlinexhaust effect but rename it to the rotary one so you get exhaust fumes for the rotary powered planes in the game.

There are probably other issues (ain't it fun), if it relates to FMs I'll look at it, and I'll upload a compatability package for the patched pre-EP. Let me know because I'm not going out of my way to find these issues. Help fix, yes, find, no - as I only play the EP game now.

Pre_EP_Compatability_Pilots___Rotary_Exhaust.zip

Put the pilots in your "Aircraft" folder, put the exhaust effect in your "Effects" folder .

Edited by peter01

mmm, becoming a bit complex.

We have the EP game, with and without a patch, and we have the pre-EP game, with and without a new patch to bring it to EP standards (but not quite - extra planes like Camel etc other graphics, maybe other things ).

This is for those that patched their pre-EP games to "EP" standard with TW's recent patch.

If you use the add-on planes and the FMs I did, then there are some compatability issues, one pointed out to me about no pilots in planes, and another about exhaust smoke. Its because the EP (as against patched pre-EP game) has extra graphics eg, new pilots that TK hasn't made available.

So here's the solution, in a zip file below.

What I have done is extract the wwwipilot.bmp and wwwipilot.lod files from pre-EP game, and renamed them wwwipilotnew1 thru to wwwipilotnew4 (these are what are used in EP game). Sorry, can't give you the new pilot bmps, that would be making material available that TW have produced for the EP game. I have done a similar thing for the new RotaryExhaust effect - i use the pre-EP inlinexhaust effect but rename it to the rotary one so you get exhust fumes for the game.

There are probably other issues (ain't it fun), if it relates to FMs I'll look at it, and I'll upload a compatability package for the patched pre-EP. Let me know because I'm not going out of my way to find these issues. Help fix, yes, find, no - I play the EP game only.

Pre_EP_Compatability_Pilots___Rotary_Exhaust.zip

Put the pilots in your "Aircraft" folder, put the exhaust effect in your "Effects" folder .

Thanks for this Peter, good work and for all your amazing hard work lately regarding the updated plane FMs..as a now latest patched up but still pre-EP F.E. Player (phew, try saying that after a few pints!) I for one really appreciate all the hard work youve done for us here mate..Sterling Job...

Best wishes...

Rab Watson

Sockboy

Fife

Scotland

Edited by sockboy

As I was preparing the data enties to install the FM mods for each aircraft, I was again reminded of the tremendous amount of detailed, work that went into these mods. Then I thought of the hours of testing necessary to tweak them.

Flying is what the sim is all about and these FMs are a strong contribution.

Thanks again Peter01!

sinbad

Well, now the patches are out, we are one big happy family again, right? Can put this pre-EP versus EP stuff behind us...well, nearly.

In that spirit, and cos I like consistency (it'll be the death of me!), and want everyone to enjoy the game, I have made available some FMs I did for the A-Teams Camel, Spad7, AlbatrosD3, and Dr1 to bring them up to EP FM standards/compatability.

Now, i like these planes, and the skins, and use them in the EP game as well as TKs, but I'm uploading mainly for those that don't have the add-on paid EP - these planes (or the FMs currently available for them) would not work well with other EP standard planes, and the pre-EP FMs as a set will not work properly at all in a EP patched game for many reasons. So......available now in d/ls section.

Other than the idea and some knowledgeable editing, don't thank me, thank the A-team for their still great models (these are some of their best), and TK, of course.

Also included in that d'l are the pilot and exhaust fume stuff from first post.

I'm sure you'll have fun with these....

Edited by peter01

Sorry should have mentined don't install the AlbD3 FM if you have TKs model (this one has the same plane name, the rest are different), these are for the A-teams planes. Or rename it.

Edited by peter01

Hi Peter...

Yet again mate, I thank you for these latest models..excellent work..

Kind Regards...

Rab

Sockboy