Sign in to follow this  
Luiz Carlos

Fix for modded Mig 21MF

I´m flying the Mig 21MF in the extend stock campaign for WOI.When I installed the Mig 21 MF add-on cockpit , have noticed that the canopy stays opened all the flight, but only in external view.

The pilot also stays seated not in the cockpit, but placed more to the rear , almost inside the fuselage.

Anybody knows a way to fix this?I try to change the cockpit open mechanism in the INI , changing AUTOMATIC_SPEED to MANUAL, but it doesn´t work...

Hallo pilot :biggrin:

You installed cockpit into WOI I suppose. Not into temporary folder first, I think. So selfinstalator installed/rewrited some original WOI files in Mig-21MF folder.

Or you copied from temporary folder into WOI Mig-21MF folder more files than is necessary.

What you really need for flyable Mig-21MF:

Cabina folder

Avionica_MiG-21MF.ini

Cabina_MiG-21MF.ini

And add to MiG-21MF.ini these lines:

CockpitDataFile=Cabina_MiG-21MF.INI

AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=Avionica_MiG-21MF.INI

You have Mig-21MF backuped I hope.

If you have back up, copy Mig-21MF.ini and Mig-21MF_DATA.ini into WOI Mig-21MF folder and let overwrite. And add lines above.

If you havent got back up, delete Mig-21MF_DATA.ini from WOI Mig-21MF folder.

Original Mig-21MF_DATA.ini in Objectdata.cat is not flyable, I think. Usable is Mig-21MF_DATA.ini from patch.

Post patch working canopy mod is here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6426

How install Mig-21 cockpits manually look here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=23947&hl

This helps I hope :yes:

Edited by kukulino

1) open 21Mf data ini and delete the entry for the 'automatic speed' canopy opening -- this dosen't work anymore. must/should have an animation key assigned

2) check knowledge base, Weapons and Loadout Fixes Thread (Bunyap Pak) for the the others or

3) re-extract 21MF data ini from objects cat; this will fix the pilot postion, afterburner emitter and a few other glitches. make needed adjustments for weapons, etc. Copy other relevant data to other Fishbed data inis that have goofy, cowardly hiding pilots.

4) check other, stock, post-patch decal inis for related Fishbeds, noting the locations of the 'Insignia' decal on the wings. You're looking for the "Position=" line

Reasons for 2-4: lods were changed in patch 4, moving things. data inis were adjusted to reflect this by the patch

Wrench

kevin stein

1) open 21Mf data ini and delete the entry for the 'automatic speed' canopy opening -- this dosen't work anymore. must/should have an animation key assigned

2) check knowledge base, Weapons and Loadout Fixes Thread (Bunyap Pak) for the the others or

3) re-extract 21MF data ini from objects cat; this will fix the pilot postion, afterburner emitter and a few other glitches. make needed adjustments for weapons, etc. Copy other relevant data to other Fishbed data inis that have goofy, cowardly hiding pilots.

4) check other, stock, post-patch decal inis for related Fishbeds, noting the locations of the 'Insignia' decal on the wings. You're looking for the "Position=" line

Reasons for 2-4: lods were changed in patch 4, moving things. data inis were adjusted to reflect this by the patch

Wrench

kevin stein

"Goofy,cowardly hiding pilots" :rofl::rofl::biggrin:

Man, this is funny...

:wink:

Which is exactly why I said it!!!

:yes:

They'd heard I was in the area, and crawled behind their seats to hide, thinking I'd not see them.......

:flyer:

"Death shall come on swift wings" mmmuuuuuahahahahahaaaaa, etc

Wrench

kevin stein