Sign in to follow this  
Basher11

Do I have a MFD to drop a Laser Guided Bomb?

Any mod which gives me a TV for dropping LGB and the Maverick?

It's not a specific mod, its more of the aircraft you're putting them on. What aircraft are you not getting the TV Screen?

It's not a specific mod, its more of the aircraft you're putting them on. What aircraft are you not getting the TV Screen?

O I see. No wonder I can never get a TV screen, I am still playing around with the stock aircrafts found in SFP1, WoV and WoE.

Would you recommend any mod aircraft which I have a MFD for the Laser Bomb and the Maverick?

No wonder I can never get a TV screen, I am still playing around with the stock aircrafts found in SFP1, WoV and WoE.

Errr... Skyhawk has radar/TV MFD. I think, Phantom has one too - I used to drop Walleyes and fire Mavericks from them. A-10 has TV. :blink:

Responding to the initial question I would say that actually you don't need an aircraft with a MFD to drop LGBs (i.e. Paveway bombs) or fire EOGRs (Maverick missiles). You could even drop LGBs without having a laser designator mounted, but you could only attack primary targets that way.

Observe! :wink:

A stock WOE AV-8A carrying GBU-12 Paveway bombs and AGM-65 Maverick missiles

post-22093-1207989626_thumb.jpg

I've selected the Maverick. Notice that the TV display turns up in the upper right corner, although the AV-8 pit doesn't a MFD.

post-22093-1207989644_thumb.jpg

I'm approaching the target and select the Paveway. No TV screen now since I do not carry a laser designator. I'm also not flying directly towards the primary target.

post-22093-1207989703_thumb.jpg

Bomb away. Even without the designator the GBU-12 has changed course and glides towards the target.

post-22093-1207989728_thumb.jpg

BAM! Target hit, but a wingman is shot down...damn!

post-22093-1207989761_thumb.jpg

Look Ma, no LP! :biggrin:

Edited by Gocad

Try getting the F-15E from the download pages, it would support LGBs and Mavericks right away with its MFD. Dropping LGBs from aircrafts with them are more accurate.

Try getting the F-15E from the download pages, it would support LGBs and Mavericks right away with its MFD. Dropping LGBs from aircrafts with them are more accurate.

I'm having problems with paveways in particular, and to some extent with mavericks.

Mavericks work where i have a TV screen - eg phantom. In the Jaguar it deploys but they is no screen, not even the "one in the corner" of the screen.

Paveways are the real worry. I cannot deploy them from any aircraft. I use a weapon view and where the weapon HAS been deployed, I get to see it . It seems, no view means the weapon has not deployed ( and a little time later there is no "Bang" either - :)

So, when the primary ( or any ) target comes up in red in the bottom right of screen, I padlock to it and on approach, still padlocked, I deploy the Paveway. But nothing happens. All other weapons ,it seems, do deploy.

This happens on all aircraft- I have a large selection as I have NATO Fighters 1 and 2 installed.

Advice please would be appreciated

TIA

i

In the Jaguar it deploys but they is no screen, not even the "one in the corner" of the screen.

Paveways are the real worry. I cannot deploy them from any aircraft. I use a weapon view and where the weapon HAS been deployed, I get to see it . It seems, no view means the weapon has not deployed ( and a little time later there is no "Bang" either - :

The TV screen won't show up for laser-guided weapons unless you have a laser designator on-board (either built-in or carried in a pod (Pave Tack, AAQ-14, Litening, etc.) and you can't drop/fire a laser-guided weapon at a target that is not illuminated by a laser designator. As said above, the primary target of a STRIKE mission is illuminated by default, but that's it.

Edited by Gocad

Or in any case, you should have a LANTIRN-equipped aircraft (such as the afro-mentioned F-15E and the F-14D, but the Tomcat won't mount Mavericks) or something similar.

That is why I made the SE my test platform for WMDs, as mentioned in another thread. My installation does not use NATO Fighters 1 and 2 though, since I would prefer to have my own set of aircraft to toy around with (like the SE and the Tomcat).

Edited by kct