Reay for launch, Tee minus fifteen seconds

post-24797-1207995129_thumb.jpg

Ad lift-off of the Rocketcat 'Wolfgang' on its mission of exploration

post-24797-1207995142_thumb.jpg

Approaching operational altitude

post-24797-1207995165_thumb.jpg

Cruising at mach 2.5, 80,000 feet

post-24797-1207995187_thumb.jpg

Beginning re-entry deacceration (maybe the MkII will have thrust vectoring retro-rockets)

post-24797-1207995208_thumb.jpg

This mach 2.4 split S took 20,000 feet to complete at mach 2

post-24797-1207995217_thumb.jpg

Approaching home-plate in glide

post-24797-1207995230_thumb.jpg

Actually if I installed it as a fuel tank instead of a pliot station, then it would be jettisonable, however you would get a afterburner fire in mid-air of you accidentally went to full throttle.

In effect it's the same method used for the NF-104 mod, with the eventual intention of making full macross FAST-packs, complete with missile launchers/guns (Strike valkyire anyone)

Would be better to have this extra power attached to a key like the gear .. so you can drop it and have the extra power dissabed.

Actually if I installed it as a fuel tank instead of a pliot station, then it would be jettisonable, however you would get a afterburner fire in mid-air of you accidentally went to full throttle.

I see, I guess there are the game engine limits to consider. I've only played with campaigns and textures so I didn't know.

One more question though, would it be possible for the fast pack to emit a thick stream of white smoke, like an SRB? I suppose not since the effect is tied to the afterburners.

Well, the question also becomes...can you control the throttle by something other than...well...the throttle?

I think that it's actually possible for separate engines to use separate inputs for throttle control.

Assuming thats true, I couldn't see why it couldn't be possible to have a thick white trail of smoke not tied to AB use. I plan to do this for a possible X-15 mod that I've been playing with.

FastCargo

That's awesome! Are you going to release it for D/L?

<br />That's awesome! Are you going to release it for D/L?<br />
<br /><br /> <br />

Possibly, needs a little work, particularly in terms of thrust.<br />

The highest I've gotten up to is mach 3.8<br />

Could you also apply this idea for JATO packs in a Korean War Mod?

Heck

Anybody remember Stratos 4?

post-24797-1211582691_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1211582709_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1211582718_thumb.jpg

Might go well with the ASAT mission, can't wait for Craig's TSR2

Incidently, for those following my Be-2500 oroject, no it isn't flyable yet but...

post-24797-1211582728_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1211582740_thumb.jpg

Exams are killing me, I'm spending this whole month on them. Probably should have studied more.

Hi there Guys,

I was looking around and found this topic... Nice work Crimson, looks VEEERY interesting...

Can you tell me how to set a couple of those boosters on a Tomcat?

I was playing with the lousy idea of creating a sort of Tomcat-Turbokat mod from the Swat Kats show...Guess one never grows up enough :)

I was planning on adding the boosters on top of the wing roots, just above the wing gloves, kinda like the FAST packs on Macross Valkyrie Fighters,

or a single booster between the main engines, much similar to your configuration...

Building up a 3-engined bird from scratch is completely beyond my skills and current possibilities...

Sorry to bother you, but I'm completely new to this kind of advanced modding...

Thanks in advance mate!

Cheers!

Edited by hide86

First in-action screenies...

BINGO!!! All right, T-Bone!

post-16581-1212824976_thumb.jpg

post-16581-1212824976_thumb.jpg

OH SWEET!!!! Ive not seen that in years...

BINGO!!!!

Edited by Silverbolt

Hi, is that f-14 with the rocket available for dwld? Please, wht is the status on this. thx.

In the meantime, I just tweaked the engines to give a "little XD" extra kick...

Passing from roughly 78000dry/120000wet to 100000dry/190000wet...

Yeah, I know it sounds quite hell of a lotta-wickedly-suupaduupa powaaa LOL, but the show's Turbokat IS waaaaaaaay overpowered, and it's got 3 engines, where mine still goes with two... On 75% throttle, you have roughly the same thrust of a Full AB'ed F-14D...Then comes the candyyy!!!!

So..anybody interested in this evil boys' little lousy dream?

@dsawan: the rocket booster mod by CrimsonRoamer is currently WIP, as he intends to create fully functional FAST packs for Macross Valkyries and similar other WIP fictional aircraft...At least that's what he said :P

Im very interested... need an extra tester?

If you're talkin' about me, Dreamstar, well I'm currently testing and tweaking in my spare time...

I'd need some help with the skin though...

Being my first attempt, it's still not perfect; I need to fix the air intakes, I missed a little area and now the yellow markings are not perfectly tied...

If you wanna help me, I'll send you the skin and the VEEEERY beta pilot I'm workin'on (pilots don't appear, although it looks like I followed every step described in the CA knowledge base...damn!!); pilot skin needs more suitable colours, I just changed the helmet color, still have to fix the flight suit and straps...Tell me what do you think and I'll be very glad to join forces!

Cheers!

Any news on those rockets, Crimson?

Any news on those rockets, Crimson?

Well since the MiG-31 has been released I suppose I should get to work on the meteror sweeper varient