Sign in to follow this  
manlyman564

fix for ef2000 typhoon for woe/sfp1

:shok: hi

is there a fix for ef2000 typhoon so we can use it it woe /sfp1 i was told by it creator that there is one for it i looked in the seach and couldt find one if someone could send me the fix or steer me th right direction to find it i br grateful as of noe it keeps crashing when i go to fly it in woe

thanks

:shok: hi

is there a fix for ef2000 typhoon so we can use it it woe /sfp1 i was told by it creator that there is one for it i looked in the seach and couldt find one if someone could send me the fix or steer me th right direction to find it i br grateful as of noe it keeps crashing when i go to fly it in woe

thanks

This question has been asked loads of time so far, so I am answering to spare someone else (and craig) the pain to answer the same question again.

For starter,

dial your search to "EF2000" There isa thread called EF2000 progress. Many little tweaks have been done to this wonderful craig 's work by community's members. You might want to read the thread from page-52 and on;

If you are new to the series this might give you a lot of insights, about the plane and needed little things to make craig works soar from excellent to heavenly.

Anyway first thing to do in typhoon_avionics.ini file, make sure the last entries are marked out with // like this: (will solve crash problems)

//[HUD_SteeringCue]

SymbolType=STEERING_CUE

ImageFilename=cockpit\HUD\SteeringCue.tga

ImageSize=0.055

//[HUD_Steerpoint]

SymbolType=STEERPOINT_SYMBOL

ImageFilename=cockpit\HUD\Steerpoint.tga

ImageSize=0.055

I also have t a block of inis, slightly redone, loadouts and avionics(the latter requires a horizon.tga that youcan get from F-16 Blk10 here at CA), and a data file which should prevent crashing of wingman during approach.

It is attached to the post.

(to craig and moderators. I mean no harm, if this attachment irritates anyone, please remove; it is posted somewhere on the italian forum too. also those are not meant to be the ultimate in realism and not in any way the last words about EF2000; those words are craig's and his only)

EF2000inis.zip

Edited by Canadair

Been experimenting this morning

The following setting works well too, and perhaps it is a better guess, assuming the lower corner speed the beter dogfighter the plane.

[FlightControl]

StallSpeed=77.41

CruiseSpeed=257.9

ClimbSpeed=260.60

//CornerSpeed=250.2

CornerSpeed=207.07 <-----------------

MaxG=9.33

MaxSpeedSL=410

MachLimit=2.05

PitchDamper=0.85

RollDamper=0.45

YawDamper=0.25

GunBoresightAngle=0.0,0.0,0.0

RocketBoresightAngle=0.0,0.0,0.0

Of course all those settings have been acquired from similar aircrafts and tweaked a little. The more experiments, the better.