Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

Texture confusion between installs?

I have a number of theoretically separate installs; SFG, SFG_Europe, SFG_Israel, etc, etc. Is it possible for an object installed in, say, SFG Israel to look for a texture file , insignia, etc, in the standard SFG install or outside an install altogether? For example, I am having loads of fun with the MiG-19PM, which shows with a camouflaged radar nose on a silver aircraft. I have searched not just my SFG_Africa install, but all the others, too, and cannot find this camouflaged nose. And so on. All I can find are the silver texture files, which the object is not using. Maddening! Anybody got any ideas?

the only camo radar nose I know of, is the one I recently did for the EAF Fresco D for WoI.

The 19p/pm should each have their OWN noses, cause I hex edited their lods and bmps to fit ONLY them.

You didn't by chance, drop the EAF radar nose bubble bmp (little joke there :haha: ) into your regular install did you???

btw, NO Farmer D/E's were ever used by any of the Arab Air Forces, so you shouldn't have any conflicts

edit: yes, looking at the Farmer D/E packages, they definately have specifically named lods and bmps for their radar noses.

2nd edit: it may also be a 'year availbilty' thing; the engine is looking for a weapon to load, and not findind the PM's nose, say in 1985, is loading the 17PFs instead. You can try removing the 'Export' tag from the 19P and 19PM's weapons data, and see what happens. I did give them a MUCH longer exported service life than they should have had.

But as to reaching to other installs; no it shouldn't. You can, however have decals show up from within the same install, but having the decals in another aircraft's folder. It's all in the pathway

Wrench

kevin stein

Well, I don't have WOI, so my Israel install is a bits-and-pieces; in other words, the aircraft concerned are all pretty well as downloaded.

Now here's the fun bit - I got sick of this, so I hex-edited the 19 and 17 noses referred to by the loadout.ini, and changed the names of the bmp files they use. 19PPM.BMP became 19_MY.bmp, and MiG-17PFU.bmp became MiG-17_MY.bmp. Both are the "issue" silver textures.

And it didn't change one little thing. Not one.

Dates. Must check that, if there is another nose type out there which it's picking up on. Meanwhile, here's a screenie to keep you amused!

And it isn't dates, either. Is there another Sov radar nose other than 19PM and 17PF that it might be getting confused with? SFG does seem to do its own thing with regard to loadouts.