Sign in to follow this  
wagsled

WOI - War for the Water Campaign Problem

When flying a War for the Waters campaigns (all 3 campaigns use the Shahak), following the loading screen (where all appears normal), instead of a normal cockpit view (starting in the air) I get a frozen view of the sky and horizon. No cockpit shows, my TrackIR does nothing and I see nothing but sky and horizon. No HOTAS or keyboard keys work, except the Escape key which ends the mission. This happens every time the mission is a Fighter Sweep or CAP, but not always when the mission is Strike.

This is a fresh install of WOI, immediately updated with the WOI April 2008 Update before any other modifications or additional campaigns were added. I'm not sure where to look for a possible solution. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Wagsled

When flying a War for the Waters campaigns (all 3 campaigns use the Shahak), following the loading screen (where all appears normal), instead of a normal cockpit view (starting in the air) I get a frozen view of the sky and horizon. No cockpit shows, my TrackIR does nothing and I see nothing but sky and horizon. No HOTAS or keyboard keys work, except the Escape key which ends the mission. This happens every time the mission is a Fighter Sweep or CAP, but not always when the mission is Strike.

This is a fresh install of WOI, immediately updated with the WOI April 2008 Update before any other modifications or additional campaigns were added. I'm not sure where to look for a possible solution. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Wagsled

This is happening with all of Pancho's WoI campaign add ons. I guess he needs to update them to run with the patch.

Ta

Sal

This is happening with all of Pancho's WoI campaign add ons. I guess he needs to update them to run with the patch.

Ta

Sal

Thanks, Sal. I did try one of the other campaigns from Pancho with the same result. Guess I'll just stand by for updates. Much appreciate your response.

Regards,

Wags

Have you deleted any previous campaigns, reinstalled them and tried them? If you are playing a campaign the patch they usually messes up any saved ones.

Have you deleted any previous campaigns, reinstalled them and tried them? If you are playing a campaign the patch they usually messes up any saved ones.

I installed a fresh copy of WoI and patched it before adding the campaigns again from Pancho. I think the patch has done something to them and I hope Pancho is on it and fixing as we speak. They worked fine before the patch.

Ta

Sal

Edited by Salraine_Chi

Sorry for slow response - have been on business travel.

I did not try to save previous campaigns when I applied the patch. All of Pancho's campaigns started following the patch have resulted in the "blue sky" screen. I'm not sure what else to try...

Thanks,

Wagsled

I think they need some sort of update.

Hey guys,

Been busy with Real Life stuff the past month or so. Just heard about this problem. Haven't even patched up myself, yet, so will take a look as soon as I can.

What changed with the patch? My campaigns shouldn't be overwritten by anything, since they live in new folders. so I'm thinking that some object or terrain folder names might have changed with the patch, and that's causing the weirdness. Or, since it doesn't always happen with Strike missions (as one user reported in this thread), it might be weapons or loadout related ... ?

Pancho

I went through you ini's line by line I didn't see anything. Maybe patch up and you look at them, I could of missed something.

Pancho

I went through you ini's line by line I didn't see anything. Maybe patch up and you look at them, I could of missed something.

Thanks, Dave. Will give it a look. Also, have posted a query for TK over at the TW forum.