I downloaded the patch for WOI but the only thing is that I modded my game before hand. I was wondering how do I download the patch and see it's effects but not pay another $30 to un-install the game and reinstall it? Or do I just pay TW for another download of WOI and rough it out?

Dont you have a copy of the original download of WOI? Just install a new copy of that, patch it then add mods. I mean you downloaded it, after you paid for it, so you have a copy to keep forever. (unless you deleted it after installing, in that case you screwed youself.)

:blink::dntknw:

Why would you have to pay for reinstalling a game you already paid for ?

Just make a copy of you installation somewhere in case the patch screws things up, install the patch, test it, correct by comparing with the saved copy if necessary, or should things really go awry, replace the patched copy with the unpatched one, you don't even need to uninstall/reinstall, TK's patches usually only deal with files and never with registry entries.

BTW, your copy would be fully functionnal, you can duplicate your games without reinstalling them (and reinstalling them on numerous computers (as long as they are yours that is, and I'd recommend buying copies for private LAN, if only to support TK/TW) and places on your computer from the downloaded installer is in accordance with your original licence AFAIK).

Even if you needed to reinstall, you could just reuse the installer you originally downloaded, or should you lose it, I guess you can download it again or just nicely ask TK for a new copy, with your original order details it wouldn't be a problem I guess.

Edited by Gunrunner

I re d/led my WOI purchase and my FE purchase. You see I kept my order emails with the D/L links.

Falcon

Worst case is that you deleted the original download and the email giving you a link to it...

Even if this is the case, email Third Wire and they will probably resend you the email with the link.

Then make sure you burn it to a disc before you delete it and save the email with the link in case you lose or damage the disc!

The first thing I did was burn that bad-boy to CD.

Heck, I even fit my WoE download on the same disc.

A second copy yucked away in a separate binder, just in case!

It sounds like I need to find my original install or I did screw myself over. Thanks for the replies though. :suicide:

It sounds like I need to find my original install or I did screw myself over. Thanks for the replies though. :suicide:

Did you keep the exe after you installed it? Or did you delete it?

I'm not sure right now, but when I get back to the house, I'll see if I did delete it or not. I was looking around my main WOI file looking for any icon that said anything to the effect of "install". I didn't find anything but I have a habit to empty my recycling bin too much.

Worst case is that you deleted the original download and the email giving you a link to it...

Even if this is the case, email Third Wire and they will probably resend you the email with the link.

Then make sure you burn it to a disc before you delete it and save the email with the link in case you lose or damage the disc!

I downloaded WOV a couple of months ago and made a balls off the installation. Can the same be done for me or do I have to live with my mistake? It'd be really great if I could retrace my mistake and enjoy the game after all. BTW, I still have the e-mail from Third Wire regarding the download link. Don't suppose that would help any bit.......

Have you tried re-downloading using the same link?

Deleting the games installer file is no different to you buying it on CD then throwing away the CD.

No body should be deleting them - thats the game you have paid for - burn it to CD at the very least so its safe in case you need to reinstall.

I'm not sure right now, but when I get back to the house, I'll see if I did delete it or not. I was looking around my main WOI file looking for any icon that said anything to the effect of "install". I didn't find anything but I have a habit to empty my recycling bin too much.

I don't think the installer will be in your main WOI folder, it'll be wherever you downloaded it to, or subsequently moved it to.

Have you tried re-downloading using the same link?

Cheers bud. Just tried that now and it appears to be downloading. Just one or two questions if anybody can give good advice;

1. I've already got SFG in my C:Program Files/ThirdWire/SFG file. Do I install WOI (if it downloads!) in my ThirdWire folder also?

2. If and when it downloads, will I need to download the latest patches from the Third Wire site or have they already been

included in the file I'm currently downloading? :dntknw:

Any help from somebody with these matters would be greatly appreciated. :good:

Thanks for all your help so far guys.... :ok:

I've already got SFG in my C:Program Files/ThirdWire/SFG file. Do I install WOI (if it downloads!) in my ThirdWire folder also?

Anywhere you want :biggrin: Unlike Enemy Enaged series TW games don't see each other. Well, apart from WoE+WoV merge...

If and when it downloads, will I need to download the latest patches from the Third Wire site or have they already been

included in the file I'm currently downloading?

Run the game and check version date in lower right corner of main menu. The WoV and WoE I got this way were already up to date... Don't know about WoI

Cheers bud. Just tried that now and it appears to be downloading. Just one or two questions if anybody can give good advice;

1. I've already got SFG in my C:Program Files/ThirdWire/SFG file. Do I install WOI (if it downloads!) in my ThirdWire folder also?

2. If and when it downloads, will I need to download the latest patches from the Third Wire site or have they already been

included in the file I'm currently downloading? :dntknw:

Any help from somebody with these matters would be greatly appreciated. :good:

Thanks for all your help so far guys.... :ok:

Correction folks; When I mentioned WOI i meant to say WOV. Apologies if anybody was confused

Downloadable WoV is updated to WoE level. Applying service pack/patch to this version will make it crash.

Downloadable WoV is updated to WoE level. Applying service pack/patch to this version will make it crash.

Thank you for your help my friend. Most likely that's where I went wrong before. :good:

That's what I love about this site, folks. A lot of help to hand; a lot of candy (in all its forms)

and something that for a change doesn't cost the earth.

We had a cat named 'Patches'...

patches.jpg

old picture, she's gone now, these 7-8 years....

Wrench

kevin stein

Patches, cat, furball; so much in common with this sim :yes: ...... Maybe even mouse.

And MeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeYOW! - Doppler effect :tongue:

Edited by csb

I feel like a total idiot but... yeah I did delete that .exe to install WOI. :suicide: