Sign in to follow this  

No ejection seqeunce. Sorry.

It's a cosmetic thing people have been asking about since the original strike fighters.

Alot of planes use a seperate model for the seat and the canopy flies off when ejecting, it's been tried to no avail, but it seems like such a simple thing that could be done with ini work.

It's a cosmetic thing people have been asking about since the original strike fighters.

Alot of planes use a seperate model for the seat and the canopy flies off when ejecting, it's been tried to no avail, but it seems like such a simple thing that could be done with ini work.

And I have said it once and I will say it again, you would watch it about 1 or 2 times, go UHHH, AHHH and you would never do it again. Because a true combat simmer would more worried about how the combat of the sim plays out then a bunch of eye candy to see someone ejects. Priorites man, priorties....and a eject sequence is not one of them. I am not a MP guy but I would rather have that improved than an eject sequence. It would more that just an ini edit or we would of have done it already ourselves.

Exactly!

I don´t know if I agree ...

It isn´t the same thing, but is very rewarding to see the enemy pilots bailing out under fire in Il2 for example...

I think it will be nice and probably add to imersion to see enemy pilots ejecting from her Migs after having a SW on their tails... :biggrin:

Geo did add a dead pilot figure to his Bearcat model, which shows up once the aircraft is shot down. Yeah, I know it's not the same, but it is something... :wink:

Edited by Gocad

It's still only cosmetic and really doesn't advance gameplay. It'd be nice and make the series a bit more polished, but there's alot more that could be done.

"You've got once chance, and that's pulling the handles, and if that doesn't work, pull them again. And if that doesn't work, well, enjoy the right down." IP in American Fighter Pilot.

:)

"You've got once chance, and that's pulling the handles, and if that doesn't work, pull them again. And if that doesn't work, well, enjoy the right down." IP in American Fighter Pilot.

Eminem? :rolleyes:

I rather liked the pilots swan dive after bailing out in CFS3 !

But I do agree it's only eye candy after all.

What you really want is a system whereby if you get shot down and have to eject in your sim then you get a rather short but sharp electric shock through your chair. :diablo:

It would encourage more careful flying and you'd treat the defences with a bit more respect, lol.

The only thing that I could think of that would make it really interesting to have your enemies eject is to avoid flying in to them while dogfighting against other hostiles as they're parachuting down while dog fighting, and if you do fly into them or accidentally/intentionally shoot them, you get reduction points for LOAC (Laws Of Armed Combat) violations. Other than that, it's pretty much secondary compared to the other issues where improvement to the "immersion" and flexibility of the game would be appreciated.

I rather liked the pilots swan dive after bailing out in CFS3 !

But I do agree it's only eye candy after all.

What you really want is a system whereby if you get shot down and have to eject in your sim then you get a rather short but sharp electric shock through your chair. :diablo:

It would encourage more careful flying and you'd treat the defences with a bit more respect, lol.

http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF134-Game_System.gif