Sign in to follow this  
Basher11

Stock SA-2 won't fire?

Is it just for shooting purpose? Does it fire at all?

Which SAM unit in SFP1 fires? And if there are none, which addon should I look at? Mroland is not working!

There are times when I wish they wouldn't...

If you think that they do not fire at you, check the Log after the mission. :wink:

And they don't like to take long breaks

post-21726-1208263480_thumb.jpg

And that.. :biggrin:

SA-2F: Fan Song-F radar and V-750SM missiles. After watching jamming in Vietnam and the Six-Day War render the SA-2 completely ineffective, the existing systems were quickly upgraded with a new radar system designed to help ignore wide-band scintillation jamming. The command system also included a home-on-jam mode to attack aircraft carrying strobe jammers, as well as a completely optical system (of limited use) when these failed. F's were developed starting in 1968 and deployed in the USSR later that year, while shipments to Vietnam started in late 1970.

Which SAM unit in SFP1 fires? And if there are none, which addon should I look at? Mroland is not working!

Maby You "broke" something in weapondata.ini file... :dntknw: Are the SA-2 on their rails ???

Maby You "broke" something in weapondata.ini file... :dntknw: Are the SA-2 on their rails ???

Yes they are.

Yes they are.

And are they moving after you when you flying nearly? (means launchers)

And they don't like to take long breaks

post-21726-1208263480_thumb.jpg

And that.. :biggrin:

Would that because there are no Fan Song I placed into the customed mission? I am talking about customed mission.

Errr...

They need Fan Song - it's their eyes and guidance.

Errr...

They need Fan Song - it's their eyes and guidance.

Alright, just now I placed a Fan Song next to the SA-2L launcher, it still won't launch. The launcher not even moved at all it didn't seem to be tracking me I was only 4 nm away from it

I was thinking... Is placing object on the map the same as placing SAM/AA? I mean AA guns and SAMs are placed onto map in designated slots by the game engine, aren't they?

I was thinking... Is placing object on the map the same as placing SAM/AA? I mean AA guns and SAMs are placed onto map in designated slots by the game engine, aren't they?

I don't understand, could you elaborate a bit more? Sorry I am unable to perceive slots in the game engine!

I placed teh San Fong nearly next to the SA-2L launcher. My ship's ceiling was 2500m and only 6 nm from the SAM. What's wrong?

The SA-2L launcher has no radar search. This is the stock SA-2L_DATA.ini:

[MissionData]

NationName=SOVIET

ServiceStartYear=1959

ServiceEndYear=1965

GroundObjectRole=STATIC_SAM

Availability=COMMON

Exported=TRUE

ExportStartYear=1962

ExportAvailability=COMMON

[GroundObjectData]

DamagedModel=

DestroyedModel=sa-2_launcher_destroyed.LOD

DestroyedEffect=LargeExplosionEffect

EmptyMass=3600.00

Component[001]=Launcher

[DetectSystem] <---------------------

TargetType=AIR

MaxVisibleDistance=6000.0

DataLink=TRUE

NetworkType=SA-2

RadarCrossSection=3 <---------------------

[WeaponSystem]

TargetType=AIR

MissileRange=34000.000000

MinMissileRange=10000.000000

PitchAngleRate=8

MaxPitch=80.0

MinPitch=0.0

DefaultPitchAngle=30.0

YawAngleRate=

YawLimited=

MinYaw=

MaxYaw=

DefaultYawAngle=0

MissileLaunchTime=2.0

YawModelNodeName=

PitchModelNodeName=rail

[Launcher]

ModelNodeName=legs

MaxExtentPosition= 2.39, 4.20, 1.72

MinExtentPosition=-2.39,-4.70, 0.00

HasArmor=FALSE

SystemName[001]=Missile

[Missile]

SystemType=MISSILE

MissileID=1

WeaponTypeName=SA-2B

WeaponPosition=0.00,3.95,2.06

ShowMissile=TRUE

IndependentPitchMovement=FALSE

The SA-2L launcher has no radar search.

That's why it's called Launcher

[DetectSystem]

TargetType=AIR

DataLink=TRUE

NetworkType=SA-2 <--------------

RadarCrossSection=3

I has to have a radar connected to it.

I'm not an ground object modder and KB is in a strange state. I can only tell that if you open terrain's cat file with unpacker and extract ***_Targets.ini you'll see there the coordinates for object, SAM and AAA slots along with target area coordinates. Coordinates for target area itself are absolute, the object's coordinates are relative to center. Note separate slots for radars, launchers and AAA. Game engine automatically picks something according to availability and mission date. I think launchers in one TA are linked to radars. :blink: Never done any modding in that department but you can't hang around here and avoid being stuffed with knowledge. :dntknw:

That's why it's called Launcher

[DetectSystem]

TargetType=AIR

DataLink=TRUE

NetworkType=SA-2 <--------------

RadarCrossSection=3

I has to have a radar connected to it.

I'm not an ground object modder and KB is in a strange state. I can only tell that if you open terrain's cat file with unpacker and extract ***_Targets.ini you'll see there the coordinates for object, SAM and AAA slots along with target area coordinates. Coordinates for target area itself are absolute, the object's coordinates are relative to center. Note separate slots for radars, launchers and AAA. Game engine automatically picks something according to availability and mission date. I think launchers in one TA are linked to radars. :blink: Never done any modding in that department but you can't hang around here and avoid being stuffed with knowledge. :dntknw:

Thanks Viper for the continuous replies. And the terrain.ini is sort of new to me. Surely you are connecting me to a new area which I haven't explored yet.

Only at this time, I tried to check out some of the "ready-made" objects and see how things play out. Downloaded Russian Defense Pack and got the Shilka AAA, a name familiar to me since I played Falcon 4. I inspected its DATA.ini file and came up with something useful, good news actually I say.

Extracted from the file, the following parameters seem to be functioning on my aricraft:

[DetectSystem]

TargetType=AIR

RadarSearchTime=1.0

RadarSearchRange=50000.0

RadarSearchStrength=90

RadarTrackTime=3.0

RadarTrackRange=5000.0

RadarTrackStrength=90

RadarPosition=0.0,0.0,2.30

RadarMinimumRange=200.0

RadarMinimumAlt=50.0

DataLink=TRUE

OpticalSight=TRUE

NightSight=TRUE

VisualRange=2500.0

VisualSearchTime=10.0

ViewportPosition=0.0,0.0,2.30

MaxVisibleDistance=7000.0

RadarCrossSection=3

I got shot down by the guns after continuous RWR warning in the pit. (Very happy). So it works but the range is horrible. You have to be as cose as 1 nm and not higher than 2000ft from ground or the AAA won;t fire at you.

I cut and paste this into the SA-2L DATA.ini file replacing its own Detect section. Works pretty good. But it never launched. So I tuned the parameters giving the launcher a longer range, check the modification:

[DetectSystem]

TargetType=AIR

RadarSearchTime=1.0

RadarSearchRange=500000.0

RadarSearchStrength=900

RadarTrackTime=3.0

RadarTrackRange=50000.0

RadarTrackStrength=900

RadarPosition=0.0,0.0,2.30

RadarMinimumRange=2.0

RadarMinimumAlt=0.0

DataLink=TRUE

OpticalSight=TRUE

NightSight=TRUE

VisualRange=250000.0

VisualSearchTime=10.0

ViewportPosition=0.0,0.0,2.30

MaxVisibleDistance=7000.0

RadarCrossSection=3

//NetworkType=SA-2

The SA-2 fired almost the instant the simulator started. I was 13nm away and teh RWR was still ringing. The missile missed it never caught me,that's strange. Possibly because I have adopted the tweaks from http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=23060 by google search. If I reversed the tweak, the SA-2B missile will hit me.

I intend to incoporated Lexx_Luthor's 3D fumes and smoke effect so that I can see the missile's trails. I remember in the 13 Days, Major Anderson's U-2 was shot down by 2 SA-2 and the missile trails was very very visible. Trying to simulate that scene.

First of all, read through a default 'Xterraintargets.ini" file, and see how the SAM launchers and their supporting radar are arranged (offset-wise). Copy those same offsets and locate them on a suitably flat and empty area in your terrain of choice.

The trick with Mobile SAM launchers (Chaparral, Sa-7/8/9/Tunguska/Adats/etc), is to redefine their ground object role from "mobile_sam" to "mobile_AAA", which ensures that they'll be placed everywhere, often in the damnedest locations :rolleyes:

AAA guns will reach up and ruin your day at 30,000 feet, most notably Pasko's 130 mm KS-30, and the 100 mm KS-19 (which is a default Third Wire ground object). 57 & 37 mm are bad just below 10,000 feet, and 23 mm is more of a nuisance than anything else until you get within 2-3000 feet of it (as you've observed). Of course, if you data link (network) the larger AAA weapons as I've done, you're toast :biggrin:

Now, you could have found all this information on your own, by searching through the three SF boards as I had suggested.

The SA-2 fired almost the instant the simulator started. I was 13nm away and teh RWR was still ringing. The missile missed it never caught me,that's strange. Possibly because I have adopted the tweaks from http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=23060 by google search. If I reversed the tweak, the SA-2B missile will hit me.

Yeah, right...another 30 day expert making erroneous observations :rolleyes:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...si&img=3975

Like you say, Ed, those 100, 85, and some 57s & 23s get even worse when having one of these around to feed them...

firecan-1.jpg

Here, seen about to die....

firecan_eats_shrike.jpg

Networked AAA is freeeking nasty!!!!

WRench

kevin stein

Which is why the AAA needs a firewall... :wink:

I have got it working at last without the Fan Song radar though. It does not require changing SAM to AAA that's slightly different from what you told me??!

So the game engine supports networked SAM and AAA? That's really cool. Did you say that they have to be set up with some sort of location offset, do I get your message right? The simulation that IU can recall which supports Soviet era's GCI Air Defense network is Jane's F/A-18.

Of course, if you data link (network) the larger AAA weapons as I've done, you're toast :biggrin:

Fubar

You said if larger AAA are data-linked, they will be lethal.

Is that also about NetworkType={that network type} ?