Sign in to follow this  
DoctorQuest

Soarin'

If you ever get to Epcot Center try to do the Soarin' experience.

I gotta get me one of these............

It is a hang-glider simulation that uses a full half-sphere screen and is absolutely the most impressive simulation I have ever experienced. (I think it was filmed with a helicopter, though. There were a couple of low level passes that you would not have recovered from in a glider.)

Plan on standing in line for a while or getting a Fast Pass. It is very popular and will most likely stay that way for a while.

Oh yeah, the line for Soarin is totally out of proportion with how good the ride is, frankly. I liked it well enough, but not to stand in line for an hour plus!

Oh yeah, the line for Soarin is totally out of proportion with how good the ride is, frankly. I liked it well enough, but not to stand in line for an hour plus!

Agreed. You need to do the Fast Pass to make it worthwhile.

I loved Mission Space when I visited Epcot.

Trouble was I could have stayed in it all day with that G-force, it was awesome.

Next time I visit FL I must give the Soarin' ride a go. Hope it's still there in a couple of years.

You must have been here very recently then as Mission Space isn't that old a ride, although it's no longer what it was. Thanks to the deaths it's now a pale shell of what it used to be.

Patrick Warburton is good in Soarin, but it's still just sitting there and watching an Imax film. :grin: