Sign in to follow this  
Basher11

SA-2B missile behaviour

The SA-2B lasts only 1 minute and 15 seconds. Which parameter controls the life span of the missile. The missiles missed my jet. Not long after that they bursted off themselves. I wonder if they will be looking for another target.

Well, you are able to change several parameters (including booster and sustainer duration) with the weapons editor, but I see no reason why someone should do this, because SA-2s aren't supposed to turn arround and start a chase.

Well, you are able to change several parameters (including booster and sustainer duration) with the weapons editor, but I see no reason why someone should do this, because SA-2s aren't supposed to turn arround and start a chase.

It's miraculous! I changed the G values and the SA-2B made a considerable turn by nearly 60 degrees horizontally. Tried to get you some screenies.

Ok. :rolleyes: If you want real challenge try to imitate and avoid S-300 SAM with nuclear warhead. :haha:

It's miraculous! I changed the G values and the SA-2B made a considerable turn by nearly 60 degrees horizontally. Tried to get you some screenies.

You know what's also miraculous, absolutely hilarious, and just about as realistic? Adding a minus sign ( - ) to the gravity value in the environmentsystem.ini. It really perks up missile behavior, not to mention giving every aircraft excellent VTOL capability. :biggrin:

Ok. :rolleyes: If you want real challenge try to imitate and avoid S-300 SAM with nuclear warhead. :haha:

Actually, there was a variant of the SA-2E that sported a 15kt warhead. I've modeled it, and then removed it, as it had a nasty habit of appearing at the most inopportune moments.... :blink:

Adding a minus sign ( - ) to the gravity value in the environmentsystem.ini.

What's it like when it's set to null?

it had a nasty habit of appearing at the most inopportune moments....

Real S-300 has got another nasty habit. It can be set up to fire at set coordinates on the ground. :blink: That adds one more reason for Turkey objecting to Cyprus deploying it.

What's it like when it's set to null?

Real S-300 has got another nasty habit. It can be set up to fire at set coordinates on the ground. :blink: That adds one more reason for Turkey objecting to Cyprus deploying it.

But a SAM is strictly a defensive weapon....of course. :yes: :nono:

I didnt know that.. so it can be used as a strike missile.

Will have to try out the S-300s in Cyrus vs. Turkish F-16s sometime in WOI. Too bad the map doesnt extend a little more to the north..

I didnt know that.. so it can be used as a strike missile.

Will have to try out the S-300s in Cyrus vs. Turkish F-16s sometime in WOI. Too bad the map doesnt extend a little more to the north..

S-300 is included in WoI that's interesting!

Unless something's changed, I don't think a S-300 exists in WOI.

At least, not yet.

FastCargo

And, how, preytell, did you arrive at that conclusion? :rolleyes:

No no no no bro. That's not what they meant. They're going to try out a mod of a S-300 in WOI. Which means, at this moment the S-300 is not in WOI... yet..... :wink:

But a SAM is strictly a defensive weapon....of course. :yes: :nono:

IIRC the Nike Hercules with nuclear warhead could be used in emergency strike (defensive) up to 180-200 km with a balistic trajectory or radar beam guidance.

Wow!

In all my years of forum fnebbing, I don't recall ever having seen a double post in one post...

:shok:

No no no no bro. That's not what they meant. They're going to try out a mod of a S-300 in WOI. Which means, at this moment the S-300 is not in WOI... yet..... :wink:

Exactly, I figured somebody had already made it and we could add to WOI. I Guess not yet.

Would be interesting to mess around with other big SAM systems and build a makeshift s-300. I think i'll play around a little..

Exactly, I figured somebody had already made it and we could add to WOI. I Guess not yet.

Would be interesting to mess around with other big SAM systems and build a makeshift s-300. I think i'll play around a little..

I've had the S-300 (SA-10) and it's launcher vehicle in-game since late last year. I'm using the SCUD transporter, as it's essentially the same MAZ-543M chassis that serves the S-300 (and other) weapon systems.

It's still a beta, and will not be released until the necessary refinements are in place. And yes, it's quite deadly.

@Fubar512:

You never chease to amaze me and if you would ever give a rundown of all the goodies on your drive we surely would faint.

OT: question, is it possible to have three RP on a TER or has some makeshift one been included in a weapons pack? I've seen pics of RPs on TERs but never got them to show up.

S!

@Fubar512:

You never chease to amaze me and if you would ever give a rundown of all the goodies on your drive we surely would faint.

OT: question, is it possible to have three RP on a TER or has some makeshift one been included in a weapons pack? I've seen pics of RPs on TERs but never got them to show up.

S!

RP is not listed as one of the load out choices available on any weapons rack. AFAIK, this is hard-coded, and not .ini modable.

I've had the S-300 (SA-10) and it's launcher vehicle in-game since late last year. I'm using the SCUD transporter, as it's essentially the same MAZ-543M chassis that serves the S-300 (and other) weapon systems.

It's still a beta, and will not be released until the necessary refinements are in place. And yes, it's quite deadly.

Good idea, havent even got around to trying the Scuds yet.

Right now I'm trying to figure out the Hawk system, *targets.ini and *type.ini. From all the reading/searching I did I think the Hawk battery problems are solved and they should work properly, but using the 0.1 of Nicholas Bell's package, I cant get the Missile Launchers to fire more than once.

I have couple of launchers, radar, ewr, setup with overflying mig flights. After firing the first missile (every launcher only fires once, if that), I watched the site for over half an hour, Launcher tracks a few times but doesnt fire anymore. Lots of problems I have to solve and lots of threads to read about it.. Pretty fun topic to mess around with tho :yes:

Right now I'm trying to figure out the Hawk system, *targets.ini and *type.ini. From all the reading/searching I did I think the Hawk battery problems are solved and they should work properly, but using the 0.1 of Nicholas Bell's package, I cant get the Missile Launchers to fire more than once.

I have couple of launchers, radar, ewr, setup with overflying mig flights. After firing the first missile (every launcher only fires once, if that), I watched the site for over half an hour, Launcher tracks a few times but doesnt fire anymore. Lots of problems I have to solve and lots of threads to read about it.. Pretty fun topic to mess around with tho :yes:

I have absolutely no issues with the Hawks tracking and firing, though I use my own data.ini's, and I try to emulate the default Strike Fighters SAM battery layout, as there are limitations to what you can get away with.

In the real world, does a surface-2-air missile travel a trajectory and hit on to the ground if it does not hit anything in the air

In the real world, does a surface-2-air missile travel a trajectory and hit on to the ground if it does not hit anything in the air

No if it misses it target, it self destructs in the air.

Oh, and BTW,

The SA-2B was meant to kill bombers and other non-maneuvering aircraft, It's historical launch to kill-ratio is probably no better than 1 kill per 200 launches.

The SA-2 series did not really become a major threat to tactical aircraft until the deployment of the E and F models, the latter of which were equipped with HOJ (home-on-jam) tracking. Even then, the kill ratio was still probably no better than 1 per 50.

By the time of the Yom Kippur War in 1973, the SA-2F was not considered much of a threat by the Israelis.

Then came the SA-6... :biggrin:

And then, the F-4G made its appearance....