Sign in to follow this  

After lookin hi and lo in the KB, I could not find a answer so here it goes; some of my AC have chaff and flares and some dont. I've been playn WOI and can use these CM's but in WOV, and WOE my AC is not equipped with these CM's I'm speaking mainly about the F-4 in all the titles. Now i did not pay attention to see if it was a issue of stock AC vs addon (if that even makes a difference) In any case any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Viper6 out!

I found a couple of posts here using these words +chaff +flares in the search box.

But this post at thirdwire is more detailed :

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...ht=chaff+flares

cheers

Thx a lot for the help! it is my worst fear editing .ini flies and the dreaded extractor so I will just live with not having chaff and flares in some of my ac's. I won't take a chance on ruining the game for some cm's. again thx for you help and guidance.

Viper6 Out!

Thx a lot for the help! it is my worst fear editing .ini flies and the dreaded extractor so I will just live with not having chaff and flares in some of my ac's. I won't take a chance on ruining the game for some cm's. again thx for you help and guidance.

Viper6 Out!

Dont be put off - Ive given most of my post 1970 Jets Chaff/Flares and the games fine

Just try 1 at first and see how it goes - you can always just remove the data.ini file if you dont like it.

I don't understand this attitude.

Unlike a lot of mods which mess with core game files, TW sims mods usually don't mess with anything. The core game files are either in .CAT files or in dll files. As long as you don't use a hex editor on either one, typically the worst thing that happens is you get a CTD. Plus you don't need a special editor to edit the ini files...notepad works just fine.

And finally, using the CAT extractor is as easy as using WinZip.

Just remember three rules when you mod:

1. BACKUP the file you are going to mod (rename the backup).

2. Mod the file and save it.

3. Test it out. Delete if it doesn't work...or tweak it if it does.

If you can post in a forum, you already have more than enough skills to mess with an ini file.

The biggest problem with ini modding (other than not backing up) is not taking the time to figure out WHY you are doing something. If you know WHY, figuring out HOW is a piece of cake, assuming you can read English easily.

FastCargo

Yep Viper6, it's same as editing notepad - easy.

The extractor doesn't actually extract the files, it makes a copy of the file.

So you can edit the file and the game will read it instead of the file in the cat (providing your file is in correct folder).

If you don't want to use it, then just delete and game will read file in the cat.

The extractor will put the F4_Data.ini (for example) into the Objects folder. You need to put it in the F4 folder.

You can also change how many c&f your a/c has.

Guys, please don't think it is my attitude, I'm so very greatful for all of you that took the time to answer my question, Fastcargo, it is a matter of my inability to type correctly because my hands are not steady due to combat damage in the Army I don't have the ability to copy and past the right way and i don't see words correctly, so i could make a bad mistake and not even know it, my wife had to type this for me, so please understand that to do all that is needed to accomplish this she would have to baby sit me. it is not a big deal to not have cm's plus i can play WOI and have chaff and flares. You guys are the absolute best!

Oh, okay...I understand better now. A physical disability would tend to put a damper on lots of text entries. Sorry about that.

FastCargo

Oh, okay...I understand better now. A physical disability would tend to put a damper on lots of text entries. Sorry about that.

FastCargo

Not a problem, With out you and the others here I would feel left out lol I really enjoy this site because of the active duty and prior service men (and women) that populate it. :clapping::good::ok::biggrin:

Guys, please don't think it is my attitude, I'm so very greatful for all of you that took the time to answer my question, Fastcargo, it is a matter of my inability to type correctly because my hands are not steady due to combat damage in the Army I don't have the ability to copy and past the right way and i don't see words correctly, so i could make a bad mistake and not even know it, my wife had to type this for me, so please understand that to do all that is needed to accomplish this she would have to baby sit me. it is not a big deal to not have cm's plus i can play WOI and have chaff and flares. You guys are the absolute best!

:salute: tell your wife many thanks for typing that out for you - u r lucky to have her! and we are all very grateful for your service.

Viper6,

just tell me what planes you want to have modified and I will make the ini's :smile:

:salute: tell your wife many thanks for typing that out for you - u r lucky to have her! and we are all very grateful for your service.
Rgr that! She is the best for puttin up with my crap for so long lol and thank you as well.

Viper6,

just tell me what planes you want to have modified and I will make the ini's :smile:

I really appreciate your help any f-4 will do (I'm a sucker for her) And thank you for you time and effort! I'll say it again the great men and women here is why i'll always support tk and any one else that does work for this kick azz site! you modders have NO equal head and shoulders above the rest! whoah!

Am happy to put some up for the SP5 stock jets - havnt quite got round to modding any of these yet so may be a while.

For the F-4s I always separate the forward Sparrow bays also - so that ECM pods can be added along with the AIM 7s.

Here is the WOV package, includes data inis ( from game version 08.30.06) for A-4C/E/F, A-7A/B, F-4B/C/D/E/J with chaff and flares added

( not all planes have flares )

The F-4D lod doesnt have the pylon mounted dispenser but I added the chaff/flares anyway....

WOE comes next...

WOV_v30.08.06_dataCM.zip

Here is the WOV package, includes data inis ( from game version 08.30.06) for A-4C/E/F, A-7A/B, F-4B/C/D/E/J with chaff and flares added

( not all planes have flares )

The F-4D lod doesnt have the pylon mounted dispenser but I added the chaff/flares anyway....

WOE comes next...

I thank you from the best place in my heart! My wife has tears in her eyes because outside of my Ranger community, she did not know that people like you and the rest of the outstanding folks here even exsisted I've been tryin to tell her about this site for months! Thank you my friends, thank you

Am happy to put some up for the SP5 stock jets - havnt quite got round to modding any of these yet so may be a while.

For the F-4s I always separate the forward Sparrow bays also - so that ECM pods can be added along with the AIM 7s.

No worries my friend you time is greatly appreciated! Drinks on me!

no problem Viper6, I edit those ini's in a snap... :smile:

WOE package, with F-4C/D/E/F and M data ini's (game version 08.30.06) with chaff and flares

WOE_v08.30.06_dataCM.zip

Edited by Crusader

no problem Viper6, I edit those ini's in a snap... :smile:

WOE package, with F-4C/D/E/F and M data ini's (game version 08.30.06) with chaff and flares

wife wants to know if these files go in the planes ini file i did not know because i've never done it before lol

move them into the respective plane folders, e.g. F-4E_data.ini goes into the F-4E folder ect.

Thats all.

move them into the respective plane folders, e.g. F-4E_data.ini goes into the F-4E folder ect.

Thats all.

Rgr that my friend thank you