Sign in to follow this  
wilbur

Guns wont work on A10 and F4-G?

I Downloaded the A10 and F4G models. They are awesome but I cant seem to get the guns to work on either. Any suggestions?

Here ya go, from USAFMTL

This is in your A-10_data.ini file  

[internalGun]  

SystemType=FIXED_GUN  

GunTypeName=30MM_GAU8 <----------- Change this  

InputName=FIRE_PRIMARY_GUN  

MuzzlePosition=-0.0692,6.9625,-0.2493  

LightPosition=-0.0692,6.9625,-0.2493  

AimAngles=0.0,0.0,-1.0  

MaxAmmo=1150  

TracerLoading=5  

EjectShells=FALSE  

MinExtentPosition=  

MaxExtentPosition=  

[internalGun]  

SystemType=FIXED_GUN  

GunTypeName=30MM_GAU13 <-------------to this  

AimAngles=0.0,0.0,-1.0  

MaxAmmo=1150  

TracerLoading=5  

EjectShells=FALSE  

MinExtentPosition=  

MaxExtentPosition=  

[internalGun]  

SystemType=FIXED_GUN  

GunTypeName=30MM_ADEN4 <-------------or this  

AimAngles=0.0,0.0,-1.0  

MaxAmmo=1150  

TracerLoading=5  

EjectShells=FALSE  

MinExtentPosition=  

MaxExtentPosition=  

Sorry about the mix up.

the f-4g doesnt have guns i had to edit the F-4G_DATA.ini and add

this under internal guns. it should look like this

// Internal Guns ---------------------------------------------------------

[internalGun]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunTypeName=20MM_M61A1

MuzzlePosition=0.0,10.20,-1.15

LightPosition=0.0,10.30,-1.15

AimAngles=0.0,-2.0,0.0

MaxAmmo=639

EjectShells=FALSE

MinExtentPosition=

// Weapon Stations ---------------------------------------------------------

MaxExtentPosition=

Thats actually one of the reasons its a "G" no gun. It shouldn't have one.

ya i know thats why but it still doesnt hurt to add the gun its not a bad thing or anything just a little unrealistic for the g model

Guest Sony Tuckson

sorry pals

if you need a gun, use E or F, not G which was known for not ahving a gun... :roll:

sorry pals

if you need a gun, use E or F, not G which was known for not ahving a gun... :roll:

bet tho in r/l the pilots would have loved to be able to hose a sam site,or those pesky a/a guns......remember after firing off the harm,shrike(yeah showing my age now lol)standard arm or whatever was hanging on the pylons the bird was pretty much just a scheduled airline...

Guest Sony Tuckson

and do you think those flew so close to SAm sites as to try a gun shot?

they add missiles to keep away from small arms fire.... :wink:

SAM were already dangerous enough as to avoid flying in range of small calibers...

and do you think those flew so close to SAm sites as to try a gun shot?

they add missiles to keep away from small arms fire.... :wink: 

SAM were already dangerous enough as to avoid flying in range of small calibers...

of course it was and they did do it.....read on...

DETHLEFSEN, MERLYN HANS

Rank and organization: Major (then Capt.), U.S. Air Force. Place and date: In the air over North Vietnam, 10 March 1967. Entered service at: Royal, lowa. Born: 29 June 1934, Greenville, lowa.

Citation:

Maj. Dethlefsen was 1 of a flight of F-105 aircraft engaged in a fire suppression mission designed to destroy a key antiaircraft defensive complex containing surface-to-air missiles (SAM), an exceptionally heavy concentration of antiaircraft artillery, and other automatic weapons. The defensive network was situated to dominate the approach and provide protection to an important North Vietnam industrial center that was scheduled to be attacked by fighter bombers immediately after the strike by Maj. Dethlefsen's flight. In the initial attack on the defensive complex the lead aircraft was crippled, and Maj. Dethlefsen's aircraft was extensively damaged by the intense enemy fire. Realizing that the success of the impending fighter bomber attack on the center now depended on his ability to effectively suppress the defensive fire, Maj. Dethlefsen ignored the enemy's overwhelming firepower and the damage to his aircraft and pressed his attack. Despite a continuing hail of antiaircraft fire, deadly surface-to-air missiles, and counterattacks by MIG interceptors, Maj. Dethlefsen flew repeated close range strikes to silence the enemy defensive positions with bombs and cannon fire. His action in rendering ineffective the defensive SAM and antiaircraft artillery sites enabled the ensuing fighter bombers to strike successfully the important industrial target without loss or damage to their aircraft, thereby appreciably reducing the enemy's ability to provide essential war material. Maj. Dethlefsen's consummate skill and selfless dedication to this significant mission were in keeping with the highest traditions of the U.S. Air Force and reflect great credit upon himself and the Armed Forces of his country.

Big Brass Ones..seems the wild weasels had to wear steel braced jock-straps....

Guest Sony Tuckson

som much for me.....

and all my respect for those Wild weasels

The area under the radome where the gun was in the F-4E is where most of the powerful APR-38 RHAWS (Radar Homing and Warning System) radar detecting equipment and components went in the F-4G. Along with a tail mounted receiver and various APR-38 antennas mounted on the top, bottom, and sides of the F-4G, the Weasel would be able to detect even for a moment and lock on to a SAM or AAA site's radar signature.

The F-4G is labelled the Advanced Wild Weasel. Where the F-100F and F-105G had to get down and dirty in Viet Nam because of the early technology, the F-4G'easel's advanced technology was a lot more effective by being able to not get so close and making it out in one piece. I'm not aware of a single F-4G ever being lost in combat other than one running out of fuel and crashing back at home plate during Desert Storm.

The Wild Weasel's specialized mission is SAM suppression or strike. It carried three AIM-7s for protection, but normally had F-4Es (or other fighters) to fly cover while they were busy.

Bottom line, with SAMs and AAA using radar to track and aim their weapons, I don't think going in for a strafing run with guns would be such a good idea. :wink:

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/research/fi...fighter/f4g.htm

http://wildweasels.org/

Bottom line, with SAMs and AAA using radar to track and aim their weapons, I don't think going in for a strafing run with guns would be such a good idea. :wink:

no it is not,that is not to say the crews would not do it if they could..