Sign in to follow this  
krgf15

ANY F-15 CREW CHIEFS HERE?

Just Wondering, Ive been active duty F-15 for 9+ years now, I see alot of guard guys on here, but havent seen any active duty.

not I. I was the ammo guy who supplied the F-16's at Cannon with fresh inert 20mm and little blue bombs (BDU-33's) all the time.

I was an MTL at the 362nd at Sheppard AFB for the Crew Dawgs from 2001 to 2005.

ANG F-16C+ Crew Chief (and ex AD F-4E/G Crew Chief). Never worked 15s but had to study them for my 7 level. :wink:

i am going to F-16's in July. They just opened 7 levels up for other fighters last year, and now I have orders.

I am going to block 30 16s

Cool. We're "upgrading" our ANG block 25s to block 30s by the end of the year. Most of our 25s are heading to the boneyard, but 5 or 6 have been through "Falcon Star" structural upgrades so they'll go to the Deluth, MN ANG. We'll be getting 30s from Syracuse and maybe Selfridge.

After working 15s you're probably going to like 16s. :yes: I went from maintenance hog F-4Es to F-16s in the early 90s and it was like night and day (what do you mean I have time for lunch???). :biggrin:

Thats the kind of stuff I like to hear, but I do know that your engine change is alot harder than ours

Thats the kind of stuff I like to hear, but I do know that your engine change is alot harder than ours

Really? After engine pull, engine bay wash, inspection, 7 level inspection, and QVI (all thing lining up perfectly) we can have an engine in and out during one shift...and possibly have the runs done and an FMC jet. Most of the time things don't line up perfectly so it takes two shifts from engine pull to FMC.

Really? After engine pull, engine bay wash, inspection, 7 level inspection, and QVI (all thing lining up perfectly) we can have an engine in and out during one shift...and possibly have the runs done and an FMC jet. Most of the time things don't line up perfectly so it takes two shifts from engine pull to FMC.

If we have a crew of 4 that know what they are doing, (2 to do the work and 4 for the roll out, I think you guys have to ratchet it out right? we just have to push it.) We can have it out in under an hour, and about an hour for the bay, and if QA is quick, another half hour, and then like you said, if everything lines up, about 30 min to an hour. This all depends if you have the trailers handy, and if you have to transfer the moter from the 4000 to the 3000