Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

Urban Development, WoE Germany terrain

I thought that the cities in WoE looked rather "flat" at times, so I decided to do something about it. I took the city .tod files from Polak's desert terrain, renamed them to match their GermanyCE counterparts, and...presto....high-rises!

gallery_279_43_153150.jpg

Looks good to me, that would probably reflect a more modern Germany.

what are their German counterparts called.

Ill get busy right away.

What an improvement !

By jove it is. Some dignity has been accorded to the standard of living prevalent in the area.

Everytime I fly over Germany its like Ive travelled back in time to the Stone in age.

Edited by Stick

Nice work. The town I lived in had a couple of high rise apartments, but most were two/three story houses. This makes for great city addons.

If you can post the names for the switch, that would help out. Thanks!

Storm

Yeah I did that from begining, but was too lazy to pull all the required permissions to include it in the main mod.

Oh and to adjust the TOD's for GermanyCE terrain you need to rename them to "GermanyC1 - C5"

What would be extra cool is completely new repositioning of the buildings, however I can't map the buildings worth a sh1t lol so...

It's a very simple mod. Simply locate Polak's "City1.tod" (grom his desert terrain, copy it over to your GermanyCE terrain, and rename it GermanyC1.tod, GermanyC2.tod, GermanyC3.tod, GermanyC4.tod, and GermanyC5.tod.

The nice thing is that you're not replacing anything, so if you should change your mind later, you simply delete the files, and the sim will revert back to using the original .tod files (which are in the GermanyCE.cat).

cool mod!

btw, any chance to you put lights in buildings to it seems more realistic at night?

cool mod!

btw, any chance to you put lights in buildings to it seems more realistic at night?

Not really, as during wartime the blackout is enforced, and power plants would probably be hit in the first strikes

Guest Bounder

blackout arnt always enforced and any modern city would first try to restart any damaged utilities to include electric,even as third world as Iraq is cities had electric running as fast as they could (till generators blew out from overloads,but within hours,or the next day they were back up )

It's a very simple mod. Simply locate Polak's "City1.tod" (grom his desert terrain, copy it over to your GermanyCE terrain, and rename it GermanyC1.tod, GermanyC2.tod, GermanyC3.tod, GermanyC4.tod, and GermanyC5.tod.

The nice thing is that you're not replacing anything, so if you should change your mind later, you simply delete the files, and the sim will revert back to using the original .tod files (which are in the GermanyCE.cat).

Do you need to copy into germanyCE folder polaks's terobject1_buildings and terobject_buildings1A as well?

Do you need to copy into germanyCE folder polaks's terobject1_buildings and terobject_buildings1A as well?

No, just the tods and any associated bitmaps.

No, just the tods and any associated bitmaps.

Can you please explain "any associated bitmaps?"

The terrain data will call for whatever terobjects_buildings is in your terrain folder or in the .cat

Seems that in the picture you posted I can see the high rise from terobjects_buildings1 from polak's terrain..

Thanks!

Edited by Canadair

Found them but whatcha call em when about to insert in GermanyCE

1) Associated bitmaps means "terobject1_buildings.bmp" and "terobject_buildings1A.bmp"

2) TOD's taken from Polaks desert need to be renamed into "GermanyCxxx.TOD". Main city tiles are GermanyC1-5.

Generally in "GermanyCxx.bmp", C stands for City, transition textures are marked as for example GermanyCG25.bmp, this means it's a transition tile from C - City to G - Grass by 25%...you get the picture I hope :)

Edited by Brain32

1) Associated bitmaps means "terobject1_buildings.bmp" and "terobject_buildings1A.bmp"

2) TOD's taken from Polaks desert need to be renamed into "GermanyCxxx.TOD". Main city tiles are GermanyC1-5.

Generally in "GermanyCxx.bmp", C stands for City, transition textures are marked as for example GermanyCG25.bmp, this means it's a transition tile from C - City to G - Grass by 25%...you get the picture I hope :)

I did get the picture; thanks for the explanations. It was sort of what I had thoght that terobjects was needed. Actually the whole idea can be applied to other terrains. In SFP1 the default "low" buildings are terobjects_buildings1.bmp; just in city1.bmp entr in the terrain data, we can have solidobjectalphatexture=terobjects_buildings1A.bmp; in this way "downtowns" would be high rises and surroundings lower buildings; provided of course a city1.tod is in the folder as in the above posts of this thread. It works, with some little glitches of house scaling. You see big houses smaller than big ones, but the high rises stand higher, and you really have to go and peek closer and look at the little glitch; the whole idea was as simple and adds a lot of scenic to SFP terrain; thanks Fubar for sharing

Edited by Canadair

Thanks Fubar, Brain and Canadair, wonderfull litlle addition,

Aju,

Derk :good:

I knew it!!! I knew the buildings were hidden in tod files!!!

Cool beans, Ed!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Guest pfunkmusik

img00001-2.jpg

Oh, yeah. Rock on.

pfunk

This is cool. :clapping:

Can't wait for you "Gods of Modding" to translate this into language us mere mortals can understand and apply. :umnik2:

I am constantly amazed at how you all are able to figure these things out, AND your generosity in sharing it with the community.

Thank you!!!!

This is cool. :clapping:

Can't wait for you "Gods of Modding" to translate this into language us mere mortals can understand and apply. :umnik2:

I am constantly amazed at how you all are able to figure these things out, AND your generosity in sharing it with the community.

Thank you!!!!

It is quite explaned in this thread how to get to this enahancemt; which part confuses you and where can I help you?