Hey everyone,

First of all this is a great board. I've had some experience modding Civ III in the past and I just started playing WoV (I know I'm a little bit behind the curve). I would like to create a campaign, but I'm kinda stumped on how to do it. I've looked at some of the fine tutorials you guys have but I'm not really clear on the sequence I should be doing it in. I've already played a little with the INI files but the map thing has me stumped. I'm trying to use the TE and the elevation stuff from the government site works like a charm, but I can't seem to get any textures. I know there is a texture list you can extract from the CAT file, but the program doesn't recognize any of the files as CAT files! Without the texture list I don't seem to be able to do much. I've been looking at Gepards great step-by-step texture but without the texture list I'm up a creek. Could anyone point me in the right direction, I'm really salivating from all the great stuff that can be done with this game.

Ok, I figured out the cat file thing, and I feel pretty dumb. But now I don't know what the TE program wants as far as textures go. What do I need to do to get it the texture list it wants?

Ok, I figured out the cat file thing, and I feel pretty dumb. But now I don't know what the TE program wants as far as textures go. What do I need to do to get it the texture list it wants?
I'm not a modder but in the Knowledge Base there are many things that can help you. It is broken down to help you find your way and welcome to this great site!

Still no good, the terrain editor won't open the texture list and when I try to auto-texture I get the close down message. I really need some help guys, can't do too much until I get the map set up and playable. Mayday!

Dont have any experience of the TE myself - you could try PM'ing some of the terrain authors. or searching for old threads on the subject.