Sign in to follow this  
krgf15

Will third wire ever make a navy specific game?

It would be nice to have an all carrier based game, kind of a naval version of WOE

It would be nice to have an all carrier based game, kind of a naval version of WOE
Wings over the Gulf?

it would work for me

You could shove in some navy jets and add a carrier etc to WOE if you like. Then just fly navy all the time sorted!

Or you could get Wings Over Vietnam - plenty of Navy jets and carriers to fly off in that.

Its nice to have choice also :biggrin:

I made my own version of WOE. It's called Wings On Korabelny. :haha:

Guest pfunkmusik

Wings Over Vietnam handles carrier operations the best and I don't know why.

pfunk

Wings Over Vietnam handles carrier operations the best and I don't know why.

pfunk

It was the only game designed with carrier ops in mind, as far as I know.

I was meaning as far as having a game where you could fly from several different carriers, kind of like on the single mission sort with carriers instead of runways. Unless you can mod the carriers for use during single mission I dont know if you can do that or not

I was meaning as far as having a game where you could fly from several different carriers, kind of like on the single mission sort with carriers instead of runways. Unless you can mod the carriers for use during single mission I dont know if you can do that or not

I think you can do that in WOE, but you have to build a mission with an editor like KMD, and then use the Load Mission option. The Create Mission option doesn't provide for carriers.

It was the only game designed with carrier ops in mind, as far as I know.

Well, you could say that WOV's terrain was the only one designed for carrier operations since it already has two carrier station, but other than that there is no difference between the TW games.

Bering Strait for WOE is a wonderful terrain for carrier ops (once you have added some carrier stations) :wink:

WOE's Germany terrain is, to be honest, not really suited for carrier ops. Sure, you can add carriers to the WOE campaign, but their location isn't the best...unless you want to place an US Navy carrier group off the East German coast. :biggrin:

Actually Gocad, I placed 3 USN carrier stations North West in the North Sea, and 2 Soviet carrier stations in the Baltic sea near Kiel. I've been building a 1995 campaign based on flying for the Soviets and have a sister campaign flying for NATO. I'm not going to release them though until the required Soviet tactical birds of the time are available. SU-33, SU-25/39, SU-24, and perhaps the TU-95. I'd like nothing more than to include some TU-22Ms and TU-160s too.

I agree though GermanyCE isn't suited have CV ops integrated from the start, but it is do-able.

Edited by drdoyo

Well, what I meant by saying that the GermanyCE terrain wasn't really suited for carrier ops was rather related to the distances to the target areas. That aside it's as suited as any other terrain for carrier ops, regardless whether they have carrier stations by default or not. Creating those doesn't require an MA in terrain editing, besides, there's always the knowledge base you can consult. :wink:

Your best bet would be to post this on the ThirdWire forum. If we express our interest in this, it might affect TK's plans. It certainly can't hurt.

Your best bet would be to post this on the ThirdWire forum. If we express our interest in this, it might affect TK's plans. It certainly can't hurt.

I agree with your advice... but it seems to a certain point, TK already has his own plans and isn't really looking for suggestiongs at all.