Guest Bounder

that will be cool when ever you complete it :)

... well, don't hold your breath.

:blowup:

oops i did... not good to do that i guess.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Model is coming along faster tha I thought it would, but a 3D model is just the start of the work.

post-24797-1208599513_thumb.jpg

Now with 2 of the 6 engines

post-24797-1208603666_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1208604489_thumb.jpg

This is going much faster than I expected, which I can attribute to not having to worry about accuracy, since it dosen't exist in reality.

but now come the tricky part, landing gear.

Edited by CrimsonRoamer

Can the game handle Ekranoplanes (aka ground effect aircraft) ?

Edited by Gocad

Can the game handle Ekranoplanes (aka ground effect aircraft) ?

The game dosen't model ground effect, but apparently someone managed to get a floatplane to work.

Also, If anyone here has any tips on making landing gear, it would be appreciated. (any heavy aircraft gear will do)

Introducing, the biggest plane in any flight sim, anywhere in the world.

post-24797-1209151002_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1209151017_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1209151027_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1209151056_thumb.jpg

This thing is really immense.

I cheated a little, I still haven't done the undercarrage or the proper install yet, or skinned it.

I added it using the pilotstation trick typically used for canards.

Hummmmmmmm make a great bomber with a lil work :) :good:

Getting somewhere with the gear, but I'm afraid that I am making a bit of a mess of it.

post-24797-1209219533_thumb.jpg

I don't have much experience with this so any advice would be appreciated

EDIT:

Ah hah, got the hang of the 'create polygon' tool

post-24797-1209227957_thumb.jpg

Now for the main gear and possibly a bomb bay

EDIT2:

Nose gear is fully done

post-24797-1209229992_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1209230000_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1209230007_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1209230014_thumb.jpg

EDIT3:

This is what it'll look like with the full gear.

post-24797-1209244896_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1209244911_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1209244924_thumb.jpg

It was designed to be a seaplane, with the landing gear only for delivery and maintenance, thus a very strong, heavy landing gear is unnesessary.

I'd just like to point out again just how immense this thig is, its wingspan is nearly 200 feet greater than the Hughes H-4 Hercules, and nearly three times bigger than the B-52, I don't think anything this monstrous has been done in any flight sim EVER

EDIT again:

gear doors and bays are done, almost ready for flight.

post-24797-1209285070_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1209287776_thumb.jpg

Now for some other bit, what should a do for flaps? the 3 view don't appear to have any, and the wing is set very far back, like a delta

Edited by CrimsonRoamer

Sorry for the double post but I'd just like to bumb this back up to the top.</br>

Right now it's nearly at the animation stage, I just need to clean up the insides of the bomb bays (which are shoddy) and then I can start animating.</br>

If I can get this one flying (which will take months because until June I can only work on this at the weekends) I might just hink about some other versions.</br>

How would you feel about a Be-2500 AWACS?</br>

I second that emotion!! more targets, more fun!!! :biggrin: (to mis-quote the 6-Flags commerical)

On another note, what about treating it as a ship, instead of an aircraft? Stick with me for a sec...

on on the DS forum, we had a little discussioin of 'moving the model's world center', so that it would sit 'above' the ground at a fixed distance; so it would appear to be flying over the ground at say, 10 meters. This could possiby simulate the WIG effect, although a new wake effect would need to be created for over-water travel. Speeds would, obviously, be aircraft-like, but turns would be ship=like.

Just an idea...one I can't take credit for. I'm just parroting what was discussed. :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

3x a B-52? Just how many airfields would this thing be able to fly out of? Does the .ini say "uber-large airfield"? :grin:

I second that emotion!! more targets, more fun!!! :biggrin: (to mis-quote the 6-Flags commerical)

On another note, what about treating it as a ship, instead of an aircraft? Stick with me for a sec...

on on the DS forum, we had a little discussioin of 'moving the model's world center', so that it would sit 'above' the ground at a fixed distance; so it would appear to be flying over the ground at say, 10 meters. This could possiby simulate the WIG effect, although a new wake effect would need to be created for over-water travel. Speeds would, obviously, be aircraft-like, but turns would be ship=like.

Just an idea...one I can't take credit for. I'm just parroting what was discussed. :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

I had been thinking about such a thing for a 'airborne carrier' for FE or a modern scenario. The problem with simply making it a groundobject (ship) is that all guided weapons will try to target the spot on the ground, not the object itself.

However, WOI has balloons, in which the center of the object can now be more traditional (center of mass), yet still be airborne, have random altitudes set in the ini file and be properly targeted by guided weapons.

I have not tested if such an object can be mobile though.

FastCargo

Ballons in WOI?!

Balloons are a primary feature of classical era strategic air warfare. :good:

Anybody want to make some stratospheric recon balloons?

Ballons in WOI?!

You didn't download my ASAT mission...did ya? :biggrin:

FastCargo

&lt;br /&gt;I second that emotion!! more targets, more fun!!! &lt;img src=&quot;style_emoticons/KOLOBOK/biggrin.gif&quot; style=&quot;vertical-align:middle&quot; emoid=&quot;:biggrin:&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; alt=&quot;biggrin.gif&quot; /&gt; (to mis-quote the 6-Flags commerical)&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;On another note, what about treating it as a ship, instead of an aircraft? Stick with me for a sec...&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;on on the DS forum, we had a little discussioin of 'moving the model's world center', so that it would sit 'above' the ground at a fixed distance; so it would appear to be flying over the ground at say, 10 meters. This could possiby simulate the WIG effect, although a new wake effect would need to be created for over-water travel. Speeds would, obviously, be aircraft-like, but turns would be ship=like.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Just an idea...one I can't take credit for. I'm just parroting what was discussed. &lt;img src=&quot;style_emoticons/KOLOBOK/wink.gif&quot; style=&quot;vertical-align:middle&quot; emoid=&quot;:wink:&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; alt=&quot;wink.gif&quot; /&gt; &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Wrench&lt;br /&gt;kevin stein&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt; &lt;br /&gt;<br /><br /><br />

The thing about the Beriev 2500 is that its designed to function both as a ekranoplan and as at alititude as a conventional aircraft.&lt;br /&gt;<br />

That said a super fast ekranoplan would make anti ship missions more interesting.

It seems that the long term goal is to implement something like parasite fighters or or an airborne carrier a la yukikaze or ace combat.

But for that I'd need to build something even more immense

http://mirageworks.multiply.com/photos/alb...ee_IV_Resin_Kit

http://mirageworks.multiply.com/photos/alb...ee_IV_Resin_Kit

http://www.romansland.de/art/aircraft/banshee_1280.jpg

http://www.romansland.de/art/aircraft/banshee_1280.jpg<br />

(don't expect these anytime soon, if at all, I'm still busy with this.)

Edited by CrimsonRoamer