Sign in to follow this  
Guest pfunkmusik

Reforger II Update 4/18

Guest pfunkmusik

It's official. I should stick to writing and modding existing files and campaign structures.

Because I suck at everything else.

Anyway, for the last week and a half, I've been fiddling with another terrain whose name shall not be mentioned, in the attempt to build a campaign from scratch. Only to discover from someone else who was working with the terrain as well that the terrain was, well, in his words...

"This is all f-ed up."

Thanks. I could have told you that and bought us both a beer by now. And this is even after TK himself tried to help me out. If that doesn't tell me I'm a moron, I don't know what does.

So, I've redirected efforts back to my original project and am going to gladly wait on the updated terrain.

Working with the Red Lightning campaign, I noticed quite a few airbases in Poland and the former Czechoslovakia going idle. Nothing was coming out of there. So far, I've got 131 air units in this campaign, counting Russian, Polish, and Czech enemy units and the USAF, the Navy and the RAF as well as the Royal Navy. There are no less than five carrier battle groups. Four Allied units in the North Sea and one lone Russian CVBG in the Baltic.

The year has been fiddled with again, after my good friend USAFMTL further informed me of my relative ignorance of time travel, so now we're looking at 1992-1993, which means I can still use my favorite aircraft ever built, the F-111. There will be five Vark units, using the D, E, F, and FB-111A models. I was actually kind of relieved to drop the 5th generation fighters as they made the creative writing end of this little escapade a whole lot harder. Maybe when some newer enemy aircraft are made, it'll be a little easier to integrate them into a campaign. My kingdom for a Backfire....

So, I've decided to show some preview shots that'll show off the terrain, effects, and whatnot with our familar friend, the Hog...

img00002-1.jpg

img00003-1.jpg

img00004-1.jpg

img00005-1.jpg

img00007.jpg

img00008.jpg

img00009.jpg

Work continues...

pfunk

Pfunk,

Assuming you're working with the Germany terrain, I keep thinking the combo ini files I did would help you...

Combined Gepards airfields with JSF_Aggies road airfields. Plus made them compatable with WOI...so you'll see your aircraft in shelters...

FastCargo

Guest pfunkmusik

I'm open to ideas. Point me in the right direction.

pfunk

And because of the anguish this is causing you, It never fails to amaze me how the modders and creators produce for the sole purpose of giving us the end user something to enjoy for free. My hat off to you pfunk for even trying to take on this endeavor and to all the modders and creators "Never have so many owed so much to so few" :good::ok::clapping::clapping:

Guest pfunkmusik
And because of the anguish this is causing you, It never fails to amaze me how the modders and creators produce for the sole purpose of giving us the end user something to enjoy for free. My hat off to you pfunk for even trying to take on this endeavor and to all the modders and creators "Never have so many owed so much to so few" :good::ok::clapping::clapping:

Nah, I'm just collecting a lot of stuff that the really talented guys have done and putting it into a campaign. They're the real heroes. Without them, we'd all be flying a stock game.

pfunk

Nah, I'm just collecting a lot of stuff that the really talented guys have done and putting it into a campaign. They're the real heroes. Without them, we'd all be flying a stock game.

pfunk

Rgr that :good:

ill drink several to that!! :kudos: