Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Your Favorite Fish to Eat

Which fish do you like to eat and how do you like it prepared? If you don't like fish, disregard this post.

I like salmon cooked in garlic, onions and butter, wrapped in aluminium foil and cooked on the grill.

Mmm Fish.

Anyway, I like Sushi, grilled Blue Fish, Salmon.

love tuna ans salmon but only raw.I'm a sushi fanatic.

I tried sushi and I can leave it. Can't wrap myself around the raw part. Wife is a food inspector and she showed me the bad side of sushi. After that I will now never eat it again. My sister in law was a sushi fanatic until Sheila showed her too. Now she won't touch it.

I make some mean grilled tuna steaks with a chiploti BBQ sauce.

I have a castiron stomach.hehehe I've seen some horrific stuff both about sushi and other stuff but just like it still.your tuna steaks sound good,I'll be over with a 12 pac at 6. ;)

I have a castiron stomach.hehehe I've seen some horrific stuff both about sushi and other stuff but just like it still.your tuna steaks sound good,I'll be over with a 12 pac at 6. ;)

Bring some Sam Adams Scotch Ale.... :biggrin:

Famous Traditional Fish around here: Codfish.

Guest pfunkmusik
I tried sushi and I can leave it. Can't wrap myself around the raw part. Wife is a food inspector and she showed me the bad side of sushi. After that I will now never eat it again. My sister in law was a sushi fanatic until Sheila showed her too. Now she won't touch it.

I make some mean grilled tuna steaks with a chiploti BBQ sauce.

If your wife needs a job after the service, I know some folks at the Tarrant County Environmental Health Department in Fort Worth and the Travis County Environmental Health Department in Austin. Either place would be a decent place to work and the job market in either city is good.

And I know this is completely plebian, but after doing a lot of outside yard work and such, I like opening up a can of tuna or salmon, mixing ceasar salad dressing in it and breaking out a package of Ritz crackers and a cold Dr. Pepper.

Gross, hunh?

pfunk

When I was in the Indiana ANG, every year when we deployed to Alpena, Mi. one of the Parachute shop technicians named Dennis Hand would always catch and smoke salmon. Damn I miss that!!

If your wife needs a job after the service, I know some folks at the Tarrant County Environmental Health Department in Fort Worth and the Travis County Environmental Health Department in Austin. Either place would be a decent place to work and the job market in either city is good.

And I know this is completely plebian, but after doing a lot of outside yard work and such, I like opening up a can of tuna or salmon, mixing ceasar salad dressing in it and breaking out a package of Ritz crackers and a cold Dr. Pepper.

Gross, hunh?

pfunk

Not gross at all. I would eat it.

We decided that Texas is where we are going to retire and those are the jobs she is looking for. But we got a long time before that happens, she plans on making Sgt Major and at the rate she is going, she will.

When I was in the Indiana ANG, every year when we deployed to Alpena, Mi. one of the Parachute shop technicians named Dennis Hand would always catch and smoke salmon. Damn I miss that!!

Go ole Alpena. Been there so many times when I was growing up I lost count. When my dad was in we lived at Wurtsmith AFB and hour shouth of there.

Bluegill...filleted, beer-battered, and deep fried. :good:

Bring some Sam Adams Scotch Ale.... :biggrin:

Awwwww yeeeeahhhh!!! Sam Adams Scotch Ale...only thing better is Sam Adams Cream Stout...that's some good drinkin'! Have tried to tour the Sam Adams plant in Boston, but their hours for tours are VERY limited.

Anyway, lets see...mom's Korean, wife is Chinese but grew up in Vancouver, I grew up in Florida, spent most of my career in Texas.

Just about every kind of way to prepare or type of fish I've eaten...pretty much dig 'em all.

But, I have to admit, blackened Cajun style...dem's good eatin!

FastCargo

I find myself anymore trying to find good beers to pair with my food. Sam Adams is by far the best mass produced US beer. But then you got all these little breweries that no ones hear about that some beer that are better than some of the European beers I have had. Greak Lakes Brewery comes to mind.

Things like Miller Lite, Budweiser etc etc are just not beer IMHO. The sad truth is though, most places you go out to in America has those on tap and not much else. That is why Europe kicks ass in beer production. Good beer all the time on tap.

I am partial to Shinerbock myself. Its a good German beer thats brewed in Shiner TX.

Edited by Jarhead1

Guest pfunkmusik
Dublin Dr. Pepper?????

Aw, hell, YEAH!

And Shiner's the only beer you can get at the Pfunk Pfamily Compound here in scenic North Central Texas.

pfunk

Edited by pfunkmusik

I love coochie fish get it nice and hot and the juices just flow from it :biggrin: :yes: It is less filling and tastes great! btw you never have to worry about bones :biggrin:

Shiner is good. But Sam Adams Irish Red is my replacement for it now. Talk about an incredible taste. In fact if I may be so bold, once you have an Irish Red you won't drink another Shiner.

Has anyone tried Sam Adams Light? Man talk about a good beer.

Which fish do you like to eat and how do you like it prepared? If you don't like fish, disregard this post.

I like salmon cooked in garlic, onions and butter, wrapped in aluminium foil and cooked on the grill.

My favorite fish is somewhat similar to that, salmon cooked in lemon juice on a skillet, served with pepper.

EDIT: as for alcohol, my Idea was always that Indian Gin and Whiskey Dry was the best. :wink:

Edited by Longestpants

Not big into either item, but smoked Salmon (if done right) is something very special. Always wanted to try catfish.....

Not much of a drinker for various reasons. I do agree I would rather have a Sam Adams than other domestics.

Catfish is great. I didn't start getting into it until about 4 years ago. Can't seem to get my fill now.

Im a southern boy so catfish, beer-battered and deepfried is an old favorite with hushpuppies, watermelon, and ice cold bud... :smile:

Now, of course on a back-packing trip in the sierras, a good pink trout, wrapped in tinfoil with butter and garlic, and cooked till you can pull the backbone right out with no problems is mighty tasty too. Throw in some scalloped 'taters and a hieneken or St.Pauli girl you packed in and kept cold in the snow or stream and life is pretty good...shadowtrout.jpg:ok:

Edited by pcpilot

My ANG unit is heading to Alpena in June but I passed on it since I have no more military leave left...I'm a civilian technician who used my mil leave for Iraq. ;) Instead I'll be going to Springfield ANG in Ohio for GE engine training (on technician orders).

Favorite fish...hmmm. I cook a mean Mahi Mahi on the grill.

Fresh Walleye from Lake Erie, deep fried with Drakes batter...heaven!

Orange Roughy is also great, but getting incredibly expensive anymore.

While I was TDY to Tyndall a couple months ago we went to a little hole in the wall place near the docks and had crab stuffed Grouper (grouper caught that day) and fresh, still quivering live oysters. It was awesome. :)

Beer of choice (even in my fridge right now) Yuengling Lager from Pennsylvania (I stock up on a few cases when we visit the wife's mom). They make a good bottled "black and tan" too.

Edited by Weasel Keeper

I find myself anymore trying to find good beers to pair with my food. Sam Adams is by far the best mass produced US beer. But then you got all these little breweries that no ones hear about that some beer that are better than some of the European beers I have had. Greak Lakes Brewery comes to mind.

Things like Miller Lite, Budweiser etc etc are just not beer IMHO. The sad truth is though, most places you go out to in America has those on tap and not much else. That is why Europe kicks ass in beer production. Good beer all the time on tap.

I drink Guiness when I'm eating and Almaza (from lebanon) or Saporo or Asahi or Kirin just to wind down after a tough football game.God I love drinking on long bus trips. :biggrin: