Hi-o!

So, I am digging the `82 campaign, but wanted to modernize it, to utilize the Raptor, Typhoon, Fulcrum and Flanker.

Also, to get it quasi-historical, make it during the month of the Lebanon War 2.

All the jets appear, and it is like the `82 stock one with the SAMs and major air battles, but, and you knew there had to be one, it is too short!

I only get 6 - 8 missions in before the win. Again, like the `82 I've played through a few times.

This leads to the question, how to change the win conditions to a place further north. Do any campaign gurus know a quick way, or would it be a major undertaking.

I see in the cmpaign_data.ini, the Beirut area, with surrounding facilities. Would this work for the Northern area as well? Which facilities?

If it is not too straightforward, no biggie, I'll just do short ones, but if it only takes a few lines in an INI, I'd love to.

I did, of course look at the knowledge base, but it is not very descript, with examples, for this area...

Hi-o!

So, I am digging the `82 campaign, but wanted to modernize it, to utilize the Raptor, Typhoon, Fulcrum and Flanker.

Also, to get it quasi-historical, make it during the month of the Lebanon War 2.

All the jets appear, and it is like the `82 stock one with the SAMs and major air battles, but, and you knew there had to be one, it is too short!

I only get 6 - 8 missions in before the win. Again, like the `82 I've played through a few times.

This leads to the question, how to change the win conditions to a place further north. Do any campaign gurus know a quick way, or would it be a major undertaking.

I see in the cmpaign_data.ini, the Beirut area, with surrounding facilities. Would this work for the Northern area as well? Which facilities?

If it is not too straightforward, no biggie, I'll just do short ones, but if it only takes a few lines in an INI, I'd love to.

I did, of course look at the knowledge base, but it is not very descript, with examples, for this area...

Try looking at the overall supply values..higher values make the ground units attack more often, also check end service dates for tanks etc as one side not having much armour could cause a quick loss for them

Edited by sparky

Well, I don't reckon it is the supply values, as there are still a few armored groups, platoons, battalions, divisions(?), still running around.

If the areas like Al Qusayr, Shayrat, or Tyas were the HQ areas, then it would take a while longer. I already extended the days to match the 33 taken in real life.

I am going to fiddle with the WOI_CAMP4_DATA.INI, and prepare for the inevitable CTD's I experience when I mess with INI's...

Spectre,

You should only get a victory condition when your ground forces capture then ENEMY Strategic Node that is defined as their HQ. This is in the campaign's _data.ini:

[Force002]

Alignment=ENEMY

Nation=IRAQ

BaseArea=Baghdad <<<-----------------------

You can move the HQ to a Strategic Node that's further north, but you must map out all the Strategic Nodes that are defined, and make sure your ground forces have a "roadmap" to get there. See my article in the KB on StrategicNode's, for more info.

Also, watch what your front line is doing. If there's not enough points defined, sometimes the front line makes a big jump following just one ground victory, and effectively swallows up many enemy StrategicNodes at a time. You may have to add more front line points if this is happening.

Also, you could always tweak initial supply settings, and supply rates to make the ground advance take longer.

One thing to note, TK's README says he has changed some of this in WOI, and the upcoming patches for the rest of the series. I know the above is all acurate prior to WOI (and patches), but I haven't played with campaigns enough in WOI to know what all has changed in the engine.

Edited by JSF_Aggie

Absolutely excellent insight!

Many thanks JSF_Aggie, this will narrow down nicely what can be done.

If it pukes, or we get stalemate, I will just wait `til the patches have settled down, and get on into it.

Cheers! :salute:

Aaron

Dude, we are disturbed that you even wanted help with your "node". :biggrin:

Why do you call yours a node???

Why do you call yours a node???

I think we all want to know that. :rofl:

Well, I did make the switch to Al Quasyr, or whatever, as listed in the targets.ini.

Flew 5 and am on the brief for invasion of Beirut, which has previously been the finalé. We shall see.

I did notice more icons for tank brigades (?) going up the Bekaa Valley, which would seem a good sign. Not sure when I'll get the time to fly again, but hopefully soon...

Well, just a little update for them that care.

I have gotten over a dozen missions more with my doctored campaign, but it has ust gotten odd.

Their is quit a bit less activity, and sometimes I end up with a view in the air somewhere, and nothing to do but esc out and retry. Sometimes it works, others not.

The enemy comes up late to intercept sometimes, and is fun in that way, but the ground offensive has stalled halfway up Lebanon, and a ways into Syria.

Just had an intercept where a pair of bombers were underground below the runway and taxiway.

I gotta figure out how to connect the nodes to the north...