Sign in to follow this  
Veltro2k

Wing ,Vtail and sta ends + Cutting

I am using Max 9..been running into a few probs that i need to figure out how to fix. :dntknw:

(1) when i create wings ,vtail ect.. the tip is square, if I use a smooth it warps..whats the best way to round out the tips ?

(2) Cutting: i use the boolian pick operand B...sometimes when i cut , the mesh becomes distorted . Why ??? and is there a better way to

cut out parts ????

thanx in advance

Dont know if you know this here

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5042

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5041

Hope this helps you..

How do I import 3ds max files into the game?! Im now creating some parts for different Aiplanes. Don`t want to hijack this threat but I think you are the right one who can answer it. ;-)

Dont know if you know this here

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5042

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5041

Hope this helps you..

How do I import 3ds max files into the game?! Im now creating some parts for different Aiplanes. Don`t want to hijack this threat but I think you are the right one who can answer it. ;-)

Thanx this is the method I use, but it doesnt show how to round wing tips and why the rest of the mesh warps sometimes when you cut :wink:

to import...depends what you are using to model. if max, there is a thirdwire plugin for each version

Edited by Veltro2k

If you design your edgeflow to take into account the rounding off of wingtips from the beginning you generally won't run into this problem. You could try the chamfer function though.

after smoothing you must colapse all and than you can use bollean ;)

here is an example before and after

before.jpg

after.jpg

I used the pro cutter option and it worked great :yahoo:

Booleans should be used as a last resort. They tend to add more vertices out of the blue. Quite frustrating to clean-up after. Most of the time, I try to cut out the object from a pre-existing one, and either extrude or delete. If delete, then I go and use the cap holes modifier.

I'm with serverandenforcer on this one. I've noticed booleans get ugly the more complex the object is pretty quickly. I tend to avoid them too. Usually, if I need to cut something, I'll use 'QuickSlice' and clean up the extra vertices afterward.

FastCargo

Booleans should be used as a last resort. They tend to add more vertices out of the blue. Quite frustrating to clean-up after. Most of the time, I try to cut out the object from a pre-existing one, and either extrude or delete. If delete, then I go and use the cap holes modifier.

Can you please explain this procedure ? I am sure other new Modders would like to learn also. :pioneer:

Jup, would be interesting. I`m starting now modelling some stuff with max and it`S different and more complicated than Maya.

I have a good way done in the voodoo tut you know.