Sign in to follow this  
krgf15

add on skin problem

I am having a problem to where with some of the add on skins that have decals, like some of the F-4 and F-14 ones, If I dont go in and force feed the number for each jet, it tends to start out as the last # for every jet, and does not have all the decals on the jet. So lots of times, I will see the jet flown by the computer, and most of the time it loads as the last # and has no markings. I hope you guys know what im talking about

I am having a problem to where with some of the add on skins that have decals, like some of the F-4 and F-14 ones, If I dont go in and force feed the number for each jet, it tends to start out as the last # for every jet, and does not have all the decals on the jet. So lots of times, I will see the jet flown by the computer, and most of the time it loads as the last # and has no markings. I hope you guys know what im talking about

Yeah, most 3rd party skins come usually with 12-20 individual aircraft decals, however the game uses a RNG that operates within a range between 1 and 100 to pick an individual aircraft number. That's why the stock skins come with 100 individual aircraft numbers.

Btw, you cannot select an aircraft number during campaign, but it doesn't matter as long as you add the line 'StartNumber=0' to the unit that using 3rd party skin.

Edited by Gocad

Yeah, most 3rd party skins come usually with 12-20 individual aircraft decals, however the game uses a RNG that operates within a range between 1 and 100 to pick an individual aircraft number. That's why the stock skins come with 100 individual aircraft numbers.

Btw, you cannot select an aircraft number during campaign, but it doesn't matter as long as you add the line 'StartNumber=0' to the unit that using 3rd party skin.

which file is that under? texture?

Its under the campaigndata.ini

'StartNumber' belongs into the campaign_data.

An example:

[AirUnit030]

AircraftType=F-8B_MF

Squadron=VF174

ForceID=1

Nation=USN

DefaultTexture=VF174

StartNumber=0 - This means that the player aircraft will be assigned the decal ending with '000'. In case you haven't noticed, the individual aircraft decals are numbered, beginning with '000' and ending with '011' or '023' or even with '099'.

EDIT: D'oh!

Edited by Gocad

'StartNumber' belongs into the campaign_data.

An example:

[AirUnit030]

AircraftType=F-8B_MF

Squadron=VF174

ForceID=1

Nation=USN

DefaultTexture=VF174

StartNumber=0 - This means that the player aircraft will be assigned the decal ending with '000'. In case you haven't noticed, the individual aircraft decals are numbered, beginning with '000' and ending with '011' or '023' or even with '099'.

cool thanks for the help