Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Question about A-7 CorsairII and Ejector Racks

I've been messing around with A-7 Loadouts, and the stock game allows MER and TER on each of the 3 pylons for each wing. This can result in lots of loadouts with overlapping weapons. I started investigating on-line to see what was actually done back in the day, and from what I can tell it looks like the outer pylons often would use TER for MK82's and other similar munitions. The center pylons would sometimes use TER, and rarely a MER, but mostly just a single bomb, ARM, or something else. From what I can tell the inner pylon would usually carry a Fuel Tank, and sometimes a single bomb, but never any TER or MER, since it looks like there wouldn't be room there.

To all the experts out there, is this right? Anyone one have anything else to add?

Thanks!

I've had the same problem with the A-7, as well as the A-6 I downloaded. Most bombs work fine on the racks, but the game tries to put 6 Paveways on a MER and there's significant clipping. I'm positive that I've seen pictures of the Corsair II with racks of 6x Mk82 on inner wing HPs, so I think it should be kept in the game.

Is there a way to tell the game not to put LGBs on that type of rack? Maybe create a separate StationID with the same StationGroup?

I've had the same problem with the A-7, as well as the A-6 I downloaded. Most bombs work fine on the racks, but the game tries to put 6 Paveways on a MER and there's significant clipping. I'm positive that I've seen pictures of the Corsair II with racks of 6x Mk82 on inner wing HPs, so I think it should be kept in the game.

Is there a way to tell the game not to put LGBs on that type of rack? Maybe create a separate StationID with the same StationGroup?

AFAIK the AI aircraft loadouts are determined by the loadout ini from each aircraft, so if you want to avoid "unrealistic" loadouts you will have to edit those files.

As far as concerned the "manually" picked loadouts in the loadout screen, I would suggest that you take note of those combinations that seem unrealistic and don't load them when flying.

Nope, but go here to see how to fix the LGB clipping problem:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...&hl=loadout

FastCargo