I am setting up a new install and I get random CTD, (roughtly around dates from 1968t o1980) about 1 to 4 ratio (1 CTD 4 OK)

when I click to go to the singlemission hangar screen (I-E) after the plane , date, type or mission selection

To your experience, what could cause a CTD in this phase?

Edited by Canadair

Something could be missing - have had crashes there before when the jet I was using had a nation that wasnt in Nations.ini

Determine if this happens more with the jet and mission type selected

Does it give any errors?

Something could be missing - have had crashes there before when the jet I was using had a nation that wasnt in Nations.ini

Determine if this happens more with the jet and mission type selected

Does it give any errors?

Of course not: no errors.. grr a toll that should be asked to TK would be a crash-logger, would help in modding loads.

What is strange is that it is random, nw it works, now it doesn't.

What I observed is that some planes crash in ayear range (around '70s) and works from 80s and on

It is not a big deal, I am just curious to understand why!

Edited by Canadair

Its almost certainly a mod - trace your steps back if you can. Is it possible you may have added back a modded ini file that originated from an earlier game version to the one you have it patched to?

Its almost certainly a mod - trace your steps back if you can. Is it possible you may have added back a modded ini file that originated from an earlier game version to the one you have it patched to?

This is not impossible; obviously must be a mod, and the install I am setting up is quite the patchwork. For example what happens is that I pick the L-29 in 1971, for example and crash. I estart try again, and crash; so then I pick a A-7E in 1992, and it works; I go back to pick the L-29, and it works. Seem really date-related.

Thanks for the moral support , jake.

Happens to me too at times and I finally figured out it's caused by the mission type. Certain planes simply refuse to do missions they're not supposed to do (like an F-14 doing CAS). Try changing the mission and see if it works.

I don't know if it's only my installation (I guess it's pretty messed up), hope it helps.