Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

Problem: I cant' autotexture a terrain

Problem: I can't autotexture a terrain.

The problem is caused by the Terrain Editor version. While the old version autotexture terrains written for SFP1 without problems it has problems with the terrains for the newer Sims like WOE or FE.

The new version of TE is good for the newer terrains, but has problems with SFP1.

To overcome this i have uploaded the 2 versions of TE in the download section. Use the right TE version and the trouble is over.

BUT:

there is an other way, for all guys who want to use the new version of TE on old terrains.

Step 1: Open the desert terrain

Step 2: Open file TextureListDesert

Step 3: Click Texture List, click Edit Texture Type List

Dialog box is opening

click on Mountain

new Dialog box is opening

set hook on Check for Altitude

close the boxes

Step 4: Click Texture List, Click Save Texture List

With this newly saved Texturelist you can autotexture any terrain with the new version of TE.

The problem: sometimes this trick does not work on the first try. Then try it again till it runs fine.

Problem: I can't autotexture a terrain.

The problem is caused by the Terrain Editor version. While the old version autotexture terrains written for SFP1 without problems it has problems with the terrains for the newer Sims like WOE or FE.

The new version of TE is good for the newer terrains, but has problems with SFP1.

To overcome this i have uploaded the 2 versions of TE in the download section. Use the right TE version and the trouble is over.

BUT:

there is an other way, for all guys who want to use the new version of TE on old terrains.

Step 1: Open the desert terrain

Step 2: Open file TextureListDesert

Step 3: Click Texture List, click Edit Texture Type List

Dialog box is opening

click on Mountain

new Dialog box is opening

set hook on Check for Altitude

close the boxes

Step 4: Click Texture List, Click Save Texture List

With this newly saved Texturelist you can autotexture any terrain with the new version of TE.

The problem: sometimes this trick does not work on the first try. Then try it again till it runs fine.

My (new version) of Terrain Editor hangs when it tries to "autotexture". I've tried to follow the above steps but it doesn't work. One question: Where do I find the "desert terrain" mentioned above?

It comes as the "Stock" Terrain in SFP1/SFG and SF2......

Also -- and VERY Important!! -- make sure you're using the RIGHT Terrain Editor ... the older one is for only the Desert based terrains, and the newer version is ONLY for WoV/WoE/WoI.

wrench

kevin stein

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..