Sign in to follow this  
Horus3K

Anyone interested in a Killmarks mod for the Arab Nations/MiGs?

Opposite to the fact that im a 3rdWire Sims n00b, heres what i have to offer...

Well did some minor skinning in the good ol Il-2 days, and wanted to have proper killmarks for the Arab nations, thx @ Johann217 for his inspiring WoI stock campaigns Exp!!

I Cat extracted and resized a stock WoI Israeli insignia for creating the tgas

Im nearly finished on this thingy at least for the 21`s and up to 150 visible killmarks , but i will do this mod for all migs so Everyone sees on your plane that you rule!! :biggrin:

Well have to test some tgas ingame, there look OK in the Gimp but odd in my secondary image viewer... :blink:

Got to go to work now, just wanted your opinion on that idea, will post screens & release later this day so u all can test it...btw do i need webspace to post screens here?

Thx goes to 3rdWire,TK, USAHMTL and the rest of you all for all those cool cockpits, Addon Planes, Skins etc....

Regards,

Horus

Sure make them and upload them here. You can use photobucket.com to post pics, or you can use the gallery here. We are always in need of other decalers and skinners. Welcome to CA!

Yeh why not.

You can upload this mod to the fictional catagory of mods

:rofl::rofl:

Just kidding man.

I'll be checking it out to see if there realy was an arab ace ?

:good:

There's a graphic and well written account of a duel between two Israeli Mirages and a Syrian MiG-17 in 1970 which suggests that the Syrian Air Force had at least some good pilots although you will see that doubt is cast on whether the pilot was Syrian.

http://www.mirage4fs.com/iaf_m3cj.html

According to wiki, there has been a few syrian aces.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_flyin...ab-Israeli_wars

?? 6 Middle East Egypt

Ali Wajai? 5 Middle East Egypt

?? 5 Middle East Egypt

?? 5 Middle East Egypt

?? 5 Middle East Egypt

Majid Zugbi 6 Middle East Syria

Jur Abid Adib 5 Middle East Syria

Majdat Halabi 5 Middle East Syria

According to this site http://www.csd.uwo.ca/Elevon/aces.html

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

There's a graphic and well written account of a duel between two Israeli Mirages and a Syrian MiG-17 in 1970 which suggests that the Syrian Air Force had at least some good pilots although you will see that doubt is cast on whether the pilot was Syrian.

http://www.mirage4fs.com/iaf_m3cj.html

Did you see that Israel has 39 aces! AF, Marines, Army, and Navy add up to 2 since Korea! Wow!

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...si&img=5674

nice read Foxen...due to that ive done the screenshots on an Syrian MiG-21! :good:

Let me know what you think of it so far...im nearly rdy for uploading, i "just" have to find the proper position for the rest of the Arab flyable planes and finished the ReadMe(btw, my first one)! :blink::biggrin:

Gimme an hour or two to finish this up!

Well, thinking about further projects.....there isnt a killmarks for those brave Soviet/VNAF pilots, right? :biggrin:

Im thinking of altering/tuning some further stock tgas....i have literally THOUSANDS of images to choose from, but first of all ill change the Arab black numbering decals to white, cause there arent much visible on most Camo skins....maybe ill do a major mod for improving the stock skins/decals!

Later,

Horus

Well its done...took me more time ive guessed and just got 50% or so of the planes ive wanted to include!

Im finished for 2day (04:00 am)...depending on A/C, the work goes fast, but i will have to take a much more closer look on mig27/29 and Su-27....other SUs will go quick i guess!

Didnt found a single minute to practise on my MiG 2day :biggrin:

To be downloaded here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6494

Edited by Horus3K

Well, thinking about further projects.....there isnt a killmarks for those brave Soviet/VNAF pilots, right?

:yes: Nice work. I'm just looking at the colour plates in Osprey Combat Aircraft 29 "MiG-21 Units of the Vietnam War" and I can see only one MiG-21 no. 5121 (silver finish) with what looks like killmarks on the nose (possibly red stars, eight on the port side). The legend says MiG-21MF Fishbed-J 5121 of Pham Tuan (?Phan Thanh Ngan, 8 victories) 921st Sao Do 27th December 1972. A good subject possibly?

Actually i really dont know if WarPac pilots marked their kills at all... :rolleyes:

I would like to see that colour plate, but dont have any publications about modern warfare!

Thanks again for the PM mate! Well, i have to play around in the inis, shoulndt be any problem at least for the mig21...do you have similar info about other migs?

Only problem is, i dont have much time now hehe...could do it on the weekend, but i will FINALLY purchase my new MTB saturday! :wink: