Sign in to follow this  

A tough nut to crack. An SA-3 battery, defended by an SA-8 mobile launcher, with an SA-9 mobile launcher nearby (off screen and to the right).

gallery_279_43_86130.jpg

Is anyone badass enough of a pilot to avoid this?

Also, a tac nuke would take them out in any day, provided that one can get near enough.

I tell you, I'm enjoying the challenge in WOI with the sam batteries being a lot better defended by the groundguns.

Is anyone badass enough of a pilot to avoid this?

Also, a tac nuke would take them out in any day, provided that one can get near enough.

It's targets like these that blow me to bits. maybe a VERY fast lo level attack run with Mav's? how about cruise missle attack? Shrike to take out the radar then CBU's to mop up the rest? in any case will more than likely end up toast.

I tell you, I'm enjoying the challenge in WOI with the sam batteries being a lot better defended by the groundguns.

This is in SFP1, with Polak's desert terrain. It's all a matter of placement, and ground object role assignment. I placed AAA units near all the SAM batteries, and then re-designated the ground object role of the mobile SAMs to "Mobile_AAA". This is something we've been doing about four years, now....thanks to Wrench, who AFAIK, is the first one to have come up with the idea.

If you roll in below the minimum effective altitude of the fixed SAMs, you still have to contend with anything from ZSU-23-4s to SA-8s, SA-9s, and Tunguskas. The latter are quite nasty, combining guns with SA-19 launchers.

This is in SFP1, with Polak's desert terrain. It's all a matter of placement, and ground object role assignment. I placed AAA units near all the SAM batteries, and then re-designated the ground object role of the mobile SAMs to "Mobile_AAA". This is something we've been doing about four years, now....thanks to Wrench, who AFAIK, is the first one to have come up with the idea.

If you roll in below the minimum effective altitude of the fixed SAMs, you still have to contend with anything from ZSU-23-4s to SA-8s, SA-9s, and Tunguskas. The latter are quite nasty, combining guns with SA-19 launchers.

Indeed! takin your ac down in the weeds is NOT cool when there are ZSU's of ANY type around. Like i said before, the pilot is more than likely toast! the best that one could hope for is in lo and fast with mav's takin out the ZSU's and cluster bombing everything else while you pop chaff and flares.

In WoI one Shilka can ruin any attempts to attack a tank group. Fit Skyhawks with extra holes in a second. I'm glad these things don't travel with trucks.

In WoI one Shilka can ruin any attempts to attack a tank group. Fit Skyhawks with extra holes in a second. I'm glad these things don't travel with trucks.
Ain't that the truth!

Shrikes, Mavericks, HARMs. And a good jammer.

No problem to crack this formation, if you know how to do it.

And if you fly for the red side, take the KH-25 missile family. Knocks out every Hawk battery.

I'm using SFP1 and I have yet to get the SA-7's to work in game!? I've had everything else blast away at me before, but no luck with the SA-7s. I have change the settings using weapons editor, but still came up with nothing. Anyone had an SA-7 work ingame for them?

cheers