Gunrunner

Your first combat flight sim...

Combat Flight Simulator 1, bought it when it came out in 98'.

F-19 Stealth Fighter. Run on DOS based CGA-PC. CGA was a black, white, red , blue(4 colors) color monitor I think. I was in my junior high school then.

I sweat seeing a Mig-29 coming in from the cockpit TV. I didn't know as much as now about aviation. I thought it was possible to see the enemy detected by radar on the cockpit TV :biggrin: . I never had so much fun before. :good: The Mig looked more like F-111 but I didn't know better then. I was having a blast.

Edited by Miracles

spec_cp.gif

:blink::shok: Brings a lot of memories of the old days

check out this link. This should bring back some memories

A-10 Tank Killer was the first game that I spent HOURS on, but Aces over the Pacific got me hooked.

For PSX

Wing Over 2

It is my all-time favorite sim because it was FLIGHT SCHOOL... I mean with instructors and cool jets it was great... Realistic physics compared to Ace Combat...

For PC

Janes ATF

The reason why was at the time, the only good sim that had an F-14 was Jane's ATF...

Great game... Great mission editor...I remembered starting a mission while a battle to defend the airbase raged...

Wow Shin I also loved Wing over!! I still remember the mission where you need to bring the dinner to your boss, was an amazing game

Oh my first one was "Aces of the Pacific" from Sierra/Dynamix STILL THE BEST AND MOST COMPLETE PACIFIC WAR SIM

Edited by Stratos

My first Flight sim is Nova F-22 raptor

Quite a good flight sim in that year

513PJ1X267L._SL500_SS130_.jpg

Wow Shin I also loved Wing over!! I still remember the mission where you need to bring the dinner to your boss, was an amazing game

Oh my first one was "Aces of the Pacific" from Sierra/Dynamix STILL THE BEST AND MOST COMPLETE PACIFIC WAR SIM

Bzzt! Sorry, thanks for playing! :grin:

The best PTO sim was 1942:Pac Air War by MPS. It had its shortcomings, but I still never got that feeling in any other PTO sim before or since. CFS2 and Il-2's Pac Fighters were pale shadows. You had to follow your flight plan carefully or you might not find your carrier when you headed home and you had no way of locating it! I miss that one. All it needs is an updated graphics engine with improved FM and AI and it would be the best flight sim out there hands down!

I have just finished reading Battle of Britain Wings of Victory. Too busy over the last couple of years and missed this game.

Can anyone confirm if this game can play in Commander/Strategic mode and First Person mode as well? Is it a good game at all, cause it was released in 2005 and it is 3 years old already.

Check the thread in The Pub called "A Good Sim You Aren't Playing" for plenty of opinions on it!

hehe... this brought back memories...

My first flight sim was subLOGIC's Flight Simulator 2 for the C=64 and my first combat sim was The Dam Busters, also for the C=64... back in 1984... :grandpa:

But what really got me hooked was Falcon 3, a "few" years later. :notworthy:

Microprose's F-15 Strike Eagle on Kaypro, and Top Gun on the same. Then I graduated to EF2000 and that was what I call a flight simulator :good:

hehe... this brought back memories...

My first flight sim was subLOGIC's Flight Simulator 2 for the C=64 and my first combat sim was The Dam Busters, also for the C=64... back in 1984... :grandpa:

But what really got me hooked was Falcon 3, a "few" years later. :notworthy:

FS2 represent!! :clapping:

Well, mine was on the Atari 800, but the same game.

A2-FS1_sub3_640x440.gif

Ok, not a combat flight sim, just the grandaddy of them all: subLOGIC's Flight Simulator 1.

Actual framerate, too.

Guest 531_Ghost

Chuck Yeager's Air Combat

Well my first flight sim (if you can call it that) was Afterburner :biggrin:

Just joking...ive popped my cherry with Fighter Bomber for the Amiga 500+1....then i had Gunship 2000, Chuck Yeager and a couple of more.

When i bought my first pc, played a hell of Strike Commander, F-16 Agressor and Black Night.

first one was NovaLogic's F-22 Lightning II.. then I discovered the love of my life..

Digital Image Design's F-22 Air Dominance Fighter.

I was like :blink: when I changed from the first to the second.

and played it ever since.. now I'm playing ADF from within TAW, but that's another story.

"F-15E ","F-19", "Black knights", Novalogic: F-22(first edit), F-16, MiG-29. Microsoft Combat flight simulator 1,2,3

Strike Fighters Gold. You made me remember my whole life :flyer:

Btw, does anyone remember "Wings of Fury"? It was an arcade, but still awesome

The first I played was Tornado. THe first I owned was Falcon 3.0, since Tornado was my fathers

An F16 flight sim in the 386XT era...

At the time I found it incredible complicated, with so many keys and functions...

Things changed a lot since then...

I taste nervous in the sky in the first time practice on the air with riding on the plane and I always pray to god that I will be ok when I finish this challenge on the sky. Hopefully successfully finish the challenge.

Hi everybody

I had JSF to the eidos a nice game! This game since 1998 so it's enough oldest!

Bye