Sign in to follow this  
splode

timing is everything!

Mr Mudd (cool handle, btw!) -

I've been ravenously reading your stories! First order coolness!

But, you recently mentioned about timing being important in mission planning - I couldn't agree more.

Is there a way to time AI's HARM missile arrivals? Can you even have AIs launch at pre-planned targets (as you can in Janes F-18)?

I noticed your reply that said you can lock a time of arrival for a jet at a waypoint, or set the jet's airspeed at a waypoint. But coordinating HARM's arrivals onto a target with strikers arriving is an important part of mission planning.

I was just wondering if this can be done in LOMAC.

Thanks, and I'll wait for your reply.

:)

Guest MrMudd

Controlling the Ai's tactics no

But you can tell them the activity at the waypoint. Once they switch to the next waypoint, whatever prescripted method of attack is used i dont know.

Realistically you could have weasels attack the target and anchor at a waypoint before pressing in the area.

That's good to know - thanks for the response!

I'm sure you know so much better than I how important timing can be. Whether the other units are AI or humans, timing the actions of cooperating units is critical to successful mission accomplishment.

Perhaps (wishing!) you, or someone with your background, can consult with a flight sim development team at some point in the future and build these tactically important aspects of air combat into a sim.

:)