Sign in to follow this  
madmonk

Falcon 4 Allied force

Whats wrong with this game? I thought the original was buggy but it did at least open when you clicked the right buttons.

My copy of the new version, crashes to desktop before it has booted up properly.If I click the mouse it crashes.

Just found out the solution to the codec problem, now it's worse than ever.

The Lead pursuit help doesn't even aknowledge Emails sent to them and the "ingame problem notification program" cannot find them on line.

If anyone can spare the time to get to the bottom of my problem,I shall be eternally gratefull.

what is your operating system,and do you have all the newest drivers for your PC?

Whats wrong with this game? I thought the original was buggy but it did at least open when you clicked the right buttons.

My copy of the new version, crashes to desktop before it has booted up properly.If I click the mouse it crashes.

Just found out the solution to the codec problem, now it's worse than ever.

The Lead pursuit help doesn't even aknowledge Emails sent to them and the "ingame problem notification program" cannot find them on line.

If anyone can spare the time to get to the bottom of my problem,I shall be eternally gratefull.

Runs fine and is very stable in XP - afraid its something on your system causing the problem.

Can you hear any audio when it starts up? if so have you seen this?

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?...555#Post2345555

Not sure if LP are actually supporting this product anymore tbh

Edited by CoolHand29

Runs fine and is very stable in XP - afraid its something on your system causing the problem.

Can you hear any audio when it starts up? if so have you seen this?

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?...555#Post2345555

Not sure if LP are actually supporting this product anymore tbh

Thanks for the quick reply guys. It's not the k-lite codecs, the game starts up but then crashes. The k-lite codec problem prevented any graphics.

If there any Gurus who could survey my dxdiag log and maybe see the problem which must be with the setup. My computer should kick butt.

DxDiag.txt

Hi there.

Not sure if it's the same problem you are having. But AF has a problem with some graphics cards (don't know why) it's mentioned in the readme as a problem with laptops GC but i've seen it happen on desktops too. Soo what you have to do as described in the readme is to create a windows desktop shortcut, and add the comand -nomovie to the end of the command line syntax.

Hope this helps.

As a starting point I would search frugals-world on geforce 8800 GT issues to see if anyone else has had anything similar

Just noticed your on SP3 - Did you play this game at all before installing XP Service Pack 3?

Dont suppose there is any SP2 compatibility mode option?

Havnt seen any issues myself - but then again im still on SP2 like most people I suspect

Edited by CoolHand29

Make sure F4-AF is patch to 1.0.13 as we added 8800 support around 1.0.10 or so.

Did you just add the 8800GT ?, was the previous vid card Nvidia, if so do a clean sweep of all Nvidia vid drivers and reload the 8800 ones, many times if not remove all older drivers it can cause issues.

Also try setting drivers setup to default, making sure FSAA and AA are set to application control, then see how it runs.

You should have no problems running this sim with your HW/OS.

Ed_1

Edited by Ed_1