Sign in to follow this  
Dave

What Are You Paying For Gas...

I just want to know what you are paying, I don't need a 20 page dissertation why....

$3.40 here in Ok City...

$1.27 per liter =$4.57 per u.s. gal. or $5.17 per imperial gal.

any way you slice it it sucks

Not that I buy gas, but its Rs. 52 something now;thats a little over a dollar for a litre.

Guest pfunkmusik
I just want to know what you are paying, I don't need a 20 page dissertation why....

$3.40 here in Ok City...

About 2 cents diff in N. Central Texas

pfunk

$3.58 here in Jacksonville, FL. Regular unleaded.

Glad I only have to fill up every 3 1/2 weeks or so. :biggrin:

£1.18 per litre.......

$4.03 for hi octane $3.85 for reg. octane here in southern California :blink:

1.60 euro per liter, if I calculated correctly that's nearly $10 per gallon :shok:

About 1.25 Euros per litre... for Diesel. Normal petrol goes for about E1.35 or so. Per litre. If you people in the US think you're having problems!

Mind you, my car does about 50MPG - that's per Imperial gallon, so +/- 4.5 litres. US gallon is about 3.8 litres - you can do the maths!

Here in the UK I am currently paying £5.27 per imperial gallon for diesel, which works out at US$8.63 per US gallon unless my maths has let me down. I've just bought a car that does 47 miles to the (imperial) gallon (combined mpg) which will help. The scary thing is that it feels like energy prices are running away like a vehicle with no brakes. We've had a 60% rise in electricity prices in less than 2 years. There are rumours here that there will be further fuel price increases of 25% by the autumn. As I'm also dependent on heating oil for my central heating that's got to hurt!

Lübeck, Northern Germany

Gas 1,49 Euros

Diesel 1,40 Euro

Hanseat

The gas station that I frequent had been holding out in the high $3.2x's for a while, then crept up $3.36, and it's now up to $3.44. I'm guestimating $4.00+ by Memorial Day.

Paid over 4 for unleaded in Florida. A place very near the airport. Blackguard.

I paid much less (3.40ish) out in the suburbs.

In Omaha, 3.40 + at most stations. Around 3.20 at the local Costco.

But, Dave, we LIKE doing dissertations. Most of us are pretty crushed right now, just so you know.......

Edited by kirbykern

It varies between $3.46-3.56/gal around here right now, no rhyme or reason as to why the fluctuations, sometimes little over a mile between stations.

I should clarify that's only my car, though. The wife has a company car and gas/maintenance is free. :biggrin: We use that on the weekends unless we're getting something big that only my 4Runner can carry (which is why we got it).

Northern California

Diesel - $4.25 (cheapest in town)

Gas Regular - $3.95 (cheapest in town)

Im paying £1.08 a litre in Lincoln UK

90 Pence per litre in North Buckinghamshire UK (thats £0.9) or say $1.70 per litre

90 Pence per litre in North Buckinghamshire UK (thats £0.9) or say $1.70 per litre

Where are you at in Bucks Coolhand, we have it at around £1.10 here in Slough at the moment.

$3.25 just outside D.C.

Where are you at in Bucks Coolhand, we have it at around £1.10 here in Slough at the moment.

Milton Keynes - thats a Tesco price - come to think of it its probably 95p now but its still well under a pound here (remembering back to last weeks fill up). You are too near to London! :)

I just heard it hit $4.00 for premium here (just outside NYC). I haven't filled up in almost 2 weeks, but it was $3.69 for regular then. I can only guess what it is now.

Interesting factoid I heard yesterday: The early automobiles were originally designed to run on electric and ethanol or other biofuels. The discovery of cheap petroleum domestically made it cheaper to use that as gas instead. We had flexfuel hybrid cars in 1905! Why'd it take until $100 a barrel to start looking into this again?!

Edited by eraser_tr

Because oil has 1 big property that made it easy to use:

1. It's easier to 'crack' to make gasoline, kerosene, etc. Most products gained for least energy used. Also, gasoline has the highest power to weight ratio of the other fuels.

The other options weren't as cost effective...why invest in technology that's ultimately way more expensive at the time.

Now, enough chatter, get the thread back on track! :biggrin:

$3.45 here in San Antonio.

FastCargo