ezlead,

Thanks for pointing that issue out to me. After some ivestigating, I found that only SA-6's and one type of AAA was showing up. I extracted the data.ini for almost all of the ground objects, and started changing the dates for the ones I thought should show up in the campaign.

My question, though, is does anybody what ground objects the game engine will try to insert into a campaign on it's own? In order to minimize the impact this campaign would have on someone's install, I want to minimize the number of modified data.ini files that need to be installed with the campaign. These are the objects that I would modify the service years for:

KS-19

Fan Song

SA-2F

all the ZIL-157's

M113

Quad-55

Any ground objects that I specifically add to the ground units.

In addition to these objects the T-72A, SA-6 and straight flush, and the ZSU-34 will show up since they already are good up to the year 2000.

So in addition to the objects I listed above, are there any other stock WOE objects that should be available in the campaign but won't because of service dates? I know the campaign will work whether I mod these files or not, but I'm trying to ensure that I include everything that should be there in '95, but not alter too many things that shouldn't/wouldn't be there.

Any advice is appreciated!

Man, I'm really going all out for this one. It's now a far cry from what my original intention was...

...I've wanted for while to have 1980's campaign involving carrier ops and some of the 80's aircraft I've downloaded. I know there's a vietnam 1984 campaign out there, but it needs a stand alone install and comes with a bunch of stuff I didn't really need or want....

The way I have it set up now, it will probably best as a dedicated install (installed over a fresh WOE), since I had to tweak a lot of data.ini's for ground objects. However, it could still be added to your standard merged install without screwing too much up... I think. The basic requirements are going to be WOE with the VietnamSEA terrain added. You could install it over WOV, but you'll need to download alternate versions of the stock WOE aircraft and a lot of the more modern ground objects. Installing over WOE w/ terrain added will definitely be the way to go.

Here are some custom Hanger and Menu screens I'm working on.

MAINSCREEN.jpg

MAINSCREEN2.jpg

FA-18C_loading_alt.jpg

F-16C_BLK40_Hanger_alt.jpg

Edited by malibu43

Malibu U R doing a great work :good: ....keep going....can´t wait to see the result

Alright, here it is. Well, a "beta" version at least...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/88z1y6

I think I included everything needed, and I did my best on the readme, although, I'm sure there are some things that I missed. There are more aircraft downloads required than I originally intended, but I think it's worth it.

Please give it a try and let me know right away any issues you find, any suggestions, or any other feedback!!! Once I know it's working alright and installation is explained well enough, I'll add it to the downloads section.

:good:

PS - The download link will expire after a while. If it does, someone please let me know and I'll re-upload the file.

EDIT - I forgot to include in the readme that the USS Tarawa is required as well. It can be found in the CombatAce downloads section.

Edited by malibu43

Alright, here it is. Well, a "beta" version at least...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/88z1y6

I think I included everything needed, and I did my best on the readme, although, I'm sure there are some things that I missed. There are more aircraft downloads required than I originally intended, but I think it's worth it.

Please give it a try and let me know right away any issues you find, any suggestions, or any other feedback!!! Once I know it's working alright and installation is explained well enough, I'll add it to the downloads section.

PS - The download link will expire after a while. If it does, someone please let me know and I'll re-upload the file.

Why not upload it to CA as a beta viersion?

Why not upload it to CA as a beta viersion?

That's probably a good idea. I'll do it later if I get a chance.

Anyone given it a try yet? I've found a few small bugs that I'm correcting, but I'm curious to know if anyone's found anything else...

Just noticed that you posted it. I'll try to install and give it a go over the next few days.

Thanks for making it available.

I did put it my woe/wov install and I had no problems plays well!!

Many Thanks!

I did put it my woe/wov install and I had no problems plays well!!

Many Thanks!

Now available in the D/L sections as well!

For those of you that already downloaded from this thread, I would recommend you do the following:

1. download the updated version in the downloads section

2. Replace the LinebackerIII.ini and LinebackerIII_data.ini files.

3. Replace the VietnamSEA__types.ini file

4. Add the D-20_E to your ground objects from the Soviet Artillery download in the downloads section.

Whenever it tells me to attack NVA ground troops using the F-18c there is a red marker on the ground but no troops are visible and no amount of bombing will allow the mission to be completed.

It's possible that I DL'd the wrong ground troop pack since I wasn't entirely sure which pack you were referring to in the readme.

Could you show me a link to the file/s please ?

Oh, I just remembered, my wingmen never land on the carrier with me whether they are following me or have been given the RTB order.

They just climb to around 30,000 and circle the boat !

Other aircraft do land on the carrier but my personal wingmen do not.

As long as I land the mission is considered a pass but it would be nice if they would come home with me.

Anyone know if this is a bug in the game engine or a bug in the mod ?

I have only tested this with the F-18 and 14.

No biggie if there's no fix but again it would be nice.

Whenever it tells me to attack NVA ground troops using the F-18c there is a red marker on the ground but no troops are visible and no amount of bombing will allow the mission to be completed.

It's possible that I DL'd the wrong ground troop pack since I wasn't entirely sure which pack you were referring to in the readme.

Could you show me a link to the file/s please ?

Yeah, that sounds like what happens when you're missing the ground object. Here's the correct file:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5350

Oh, I just remembered, my wingmen never land on the carrier with me whether they are following me or have been given the RTB order.

They just climb to around 30,000 and circle the boat !

Other aircraft do land on the carrier but my personal wingmen do not.

As long as I land the mission is considered a pass but it would be nice if they would come home with me.

Anyone know if this is a bug in the game engine or a bug in the mod ?

I have only tested this with the F-18 and 14.

No biggie if there's no fix but again it would be nice.

I've never seen that before. Did you start with a clean, patched WOE, or do you have other mods installed?

Also, did you figure out your issues with the FA-18 Loadouts?

Also, guys, I'm getting married in 2 weeks (no, seriously - I really mean 2 weeks...), so my support for this mod may be pretty limited until then, and after that, I'm gone for a couple weeks.

So, I encourage those of you who've been around a while or those that have this mod working properly to help out those in need while I'm unavailable!

Edited by malibu43

Many congrats - Still if your honeymoon suite has the Internet - guess you could get some in then :rolleyes:

Many congrats - Still if your honeymoon suite has the Internet - guess you could get some in then :rolleyes:

Only if I want the shortest marriage ever...

:good: Congrats on your marriage dude ! :ok:

Never put games or internet stuff before real life.

Life is too short for that !

When I installed this mod I did it using a fresh, patched install of WOE.

The infantry file you posted here was the one I used so I don't know what to try besides reinstalling the packs.

I got the loadout issues sorted out for the planes.

Can't even remember what I was doing wrong with that at the moment but it's working fine now.

I have seen the wingmen not landing or crashing problem before with other mods in the TW sims.

If I need to uninstall everything and start from scratch to fix these issues I will.

There's a possibility that there is a right and wrong order to install each 3rd party file not included in your download.

Maybe something is getting overwritten that shouldn't or vice versa.

This is not the first time i've installed a custom campaign for this series and I don't usually have many issues but this one is kicking my ass.

I just can't figure out what's not done right or misplaced.

Another small glitch i'm now noticing is that sometimes when I fire an AIM54c using the Tomcat at an enemy beyond visual range the missile flies about 50 meters ahead of me and explodes at random.

This doesn't happen all the time just once in a while.

Most of the time I can easily lock onto a target BVR and hit them.

I should mention i'm using the updated avionics and pit for this plane posted here:http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=6121

:good: Congrats on your marriage dude ! :ok:

Never put games or internet stuff before real life.

Life is too short for that !

When I installed this mod I did it using a fresh, patched install of WOE.

The infantry file you posted here was the one I used so I don't know what to try besides reinstalling the packs.

I got the loadout issues sorted out for the planes.

Can't even remember what I was doing wrong with that at the moment but it's working fine now.

I have seen the wingmen not landing or crashing problem before with other mods in the TW sims.

If I need to uninstall everything and start from scratch to fix these issues I will.

There's a possibility that there is a right and wrong order to install each 3rd party file not included in your download.

Maybe something is getting overwritten that shouldn't or vice versa.

This is not the first time i've installed a custom campaign for this series and I don't usually have many issues but this one is kicking my ass.

I just can't figure out what's not done right or misplaced.

Another small glitch i'm now noticing is that sometimes when I fire an AIM54c using the Tomcat at an enemy beyond visual range the missile flies about 50 meters ahead of me and explodes at random.

This doesn't happen all the time just once in a while.

Most of the time I can easily lock onto a target BVR and hit them.

I should mention i'm using the updated avionics and pit for this plane posted here:http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=6121

OK, how about this. First reinstall the infantry pack. Make sure you're putting everything into the right spot and reading the readme. Then, go into the vietnamSEA_types.ini in the vietnamSEA_terrain folder. Do a control+f for 'NVA'. You should find this entry:

[TargetType096]

Name=NVA_Inf

FullName=NVA Infantry

TargetType=WAREHOUSE

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=1

UseGroundObject=TRUE

GroundObjectType=NVA_Squad

RepairRate=0.555

StartDetectChance=50

StartIdentifiedChance=10

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=10

MaxVisibleDist=4000.0

DestroyedEffect=VehicleFireEffect

SecondaryChance=0

Make sure it looks like that. Especially the highlighted part. Then go into your groundobject folder and make sure there is a folder named 'NVA_Squad'. Make sure there is a file inside called 'NVA_Squad.ini'. Then look at the files being called out in that .ini and make sure they're named correctly and that they're in that folder.

As far as the AIM-54C goes, I've noticed that with that missile too, and not just in this mod. I'm guessing that maybe it's being fooled by countermeasures right off the bat, and then self destructing. I don't know for sure, though.

Let me know how the NVA_squad thing goes.

Edited by malibu43

I just checked to see where that NVA folder is and it seems it wasn't added to my groundobjects folder.

OOPS !

So I added the folders to groundobjects like it says in the readme that came with the 2 infantry packs, Pasko's and the upgrade, this time double checking to make sure everything is in it's place.

All files are in place now but there is one slight problem.

In the readme it says to add a few lines of data to groundobjectdata.ini in the same manner as if you were adding weapons manually to weapondata.ini but there isn't any file called groundobjectdata.ini anywhere in my install.

Yes, I checked inside all of the CAT's and did a complete search of my hard drive to be sure it wasn't moved or something.

The closest file with that name I could find is groundobject.ini which upon inspection doesn't look like it should be messed with at all and doesn't have it's contents numbered like the weaponsdata.ini.

WTF is going on with my install?

Is the readme in the pasko pack messed up or what?

Can someone please comment about installing these packs and what they had to do.

Thi is getting frustrating since i've never had so much trouble with a mod before and other people are running this without any problems.

I should mention that the game never crashes on me so I must be close to getting this right ! LOL !

I just checked to see where that NVA folder is and it seems it wasn't added to my groundobjects folder.

OOPS !

So I added the folders to groundobjects like it says in the readme that came with the 2 infantry packs, Pasko's and the upgrade, this time double checking to make sure everything is in it's place.

All files are in place now but there is one slight problem.

In the readme it says to add a few lines of data to groundobjectdata.ini in the same manner as if you were adding weapons manually to weapondata.ini but there isn't any file called groundobjectdata.ini anywhere in my install.

Yes, I checked inside all of the CAT's and did a complete search of my hard drive to be sure it wasn't moved or something.

The closest file with that name I could find is groundobject.ini which upon inspection doesn't look like it should be messed with at all and doesn't have it's contents numbered like the weaponsdata.ini.

WTF is going on with my install?

Is the readme in the pasko pack messed up or what?

Can someone please comment about installing these packs and what they had to do.

Thi is getting frustrating since i've never had so much trouble with a mod before and other people are running this without any problems.

I should mention that the game never crashes on me so I must be close to getting this right ! LOL !

The part about groundobjectdata.ini and all that other stuff is from the "original readme" (if you read closely) and doesn't apply. You should just have to drop the folders in, then be good to go. After you made sure the folder was there, did it work?

Nope !

Those NVA troops still don't show up on the battlefield.

ALL of the folders are in place too !

This is very strange indeed.

This takes a while to test since a mission of that type rarely appears.

I haven't gotten an anti personnel mission to show up in single mission mode ever, just campaigns.

I can live without this type of mission since the rest of the mod works fine and is IMHO way better than the default one for sure.

In the meantime I figured out what was going on with the F-18 loadouts.

It turns out that ONLY during the FIRST mission of an F-18 campaign do they force you to stick to carrying 1000lb bombs.

After that you can carry almost anything; 88c's, SLAM's, Exocet's, AGM 65's, unguided bombs, whatever you like to toss.

The SLAM Harpoon is the best fire and forget AG weapon ever !

If the boat was pointed the right way you wouldn't need to leave the deck LOL !

Don't waste too much of your valuable time on this.

Go enjoy your time with your new wife.

Nope !

Those NVA troops still don't show up on the battlefield.

ALL of the folders are in place too !

This is very strange indeed.

This takes a while to test since a mission of that type rarely appears.

I haven't gotten an anti personnel mission to show up in single mission mode ever, just campaigns.

I can live without this type of mission since the rest of the mod works fine and is IMHO way better than the default one for sure.

In the meantime I figured out what was going on with the F-18 loadouts.

It turns out that ONLY during the FIRST mission of an F-18 campaign do they force you to stick to carrying 1000lb bombs.

After that you can carry almost anything; 88c's, SLAM's, Exocet's, AGM 65's, unguided bombs, whatever you like to toss.

The SLAM Harpoon is the best fire and forget AG weapon ever !

If the boat was pointed the right way you wouldn't need to leave the deck LOL !

Don't waste too much of your valuable time on this.

Go enjoy your time with your new wife.

Well, I'm bummed we haven't been able to figure out the issue with the NVA troops. Just to be sure, when you target them with the 'E' key, you've pressed F8 to view the current target and confirmed that there's nothing there, right? They can be kind of hard to see sometimes and a pain to hit with dumb bombs...

hmmm... maybe the weapon issue has something to do with your weapon settings for the campaign. What do you have it set at?

And, lastly, I will!

Edited by malibu43