i got installed the old weapon pack from capun

i just downloaded the new one from mirage factory

i wish to know, can i installed the new over the old?? or i should re install the game (SFgold) and then install the new weapon pack???

thanks

I think that the one you install last will over write the first one.

I think that the one you install last will over write the first one.

Rename the first file, old_weapondata.ini then import/merge it onto the one that comes with MF.

Be advised, mergers are NOT a real good thing...overwriting and sometimes duplication issues (which shouldn't happen, but sometimes do)

It's best to select WHICH weapons are needed, and just install those.

Wrench

kevin stein

I ended up doing weapon-by-weapon updates because I couldn't get simple overwrites to work for me. I used the MFWP as a starting point and then added other weapons one at a time.

Hey isn't the weps pack to be updated whenever there were new weps released?

New weps are released too quickly for the guys making the WPs to keep up. It's only after a ton of individual wep updates that it becomes worthwhile to construct and release a new WP.

Edited by Tristan

New weps are released too quickly for the guys making the WPs to keep up. It's only after a ton of individual weps updates that it becomes worthwhile to construct and release a new WP.
Rgr that! I'm waiting patiently. The next pack should be a monster!

I should have said "new weps and mods."

Hi everybody.

The old wepons pack is a huge data base for most of weapons, the mirage factory made a modification to some weapons they also added some new weapons, remember that the mirage factory had oly added almost around 300 weapon while the first weapons pack had over 1800 weapons the problem in merging is in NAMING these weapons for example the R-2R in the old pack is now AA-2R or somthing like that. this affects the loadout file for each aircraft if its written in the oldway or the new way depending on the date of release for each fighter.....

Now that I heared that Soviet weapons pack is upcoming next I hope they could do it to be able to merge with whatever the weapons pack they agree upon, to make the installation much more easier, with the minimum amout of changing in aircrafts or Weapon editor.ini's otherwise its gonna be a miss.....

Rgr that! I'm waiting patiently. The next pack should be a monster!

Who is making it?

Yeah, that's what I was wondering.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering.

I do not think anyone is. The MF is making an updated one for WOI and a new one for WOE. New LGB's, JDAM's etc etc.

That is a great question, and given how much USAFMTL does know, that suggests that somebody's confused or assuming that there should be a new one. I'm still adding bits from the old Bunyap pack here and there.

I do not think anyone is. The MF is making an updated one for WOI and a new one for WOE. New LGB's, JDAM's etc etc.

Sounds excellent.

Oh man so there won't be a new wep pack? No more Bunyap? well someone is adding bits and things that is better than nothing.

Oh man so there won't be a new wep pack? No more Bunyap? well someone is adding bits and things that is better than nothing.

Bunyap left along time ago and wpnssgt is lurking not modding. So do what I do, use the MF weps packs and add to them yourselves. It not hard and gives you a lot of freedom.

Bunyap left along time ago and wpnssgt is lurking not modding. So do what I do, use the MF weps packs and add to them yourselves. It not hard and gives you a lot of freedom.
Rgr that!

FastCargo and Wingwhiner also have released some individual systems, been having some fun with the JSOWs recently so it's definitely something to check out as well... :good:

And some of the weapons from the other aircrafts are needed to top it up as well (like the IRIS-T and the Meteor from the Gripen).