Sign in to follow this  
Southside Bucky

"WindLoop" sound: Help please?

Hi guys.

Dunno 'bout you, but I find gliding to earth in silence after having the engine disabled a bit of an immersion killer. Sooo....

Is there any way the WindLoop sound file can be made to work?

Either by; starting up when the player's engine cuts out, or even to have it running all the time...Engine off or on.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Bucky

I played with this a wee bit a while ago (long while)

I never got it to work...

either its broke

or windloop is for some other game event (not the one obvious to the strut and wire peeps)

maybe a orphan from something in the jet sims....

the whole sound thing is a bit arcane so i could easily be wrong (love to be wrong)

we could do with a whole lot of new sound files (hisso, DIII, etc) imho

The windloop sound is working. It is speed dependent. Try diving and it will kick in at high speeds. How you can change it IDK?

Look in the AircraftObject.ini. There is a section on WindSoundOpen and there are some values to play with. The min. speed is set at 25m/s which is 55 mph. Perhaps increasing the min. volume would work?

Nope!

I can't get it going...

I did mention this flaw in a thread that TK replied to over at the Thirdwire site though...Maybe he'll put it right in the April patch hotfix?

No go here either (and i have fiddled with it :no: )

Its probably a soundcard issue if others have a windloop sound

Realtek AC97 (VIA) and a 5.1 setup here

Its a pretty old setup, but seems to be fully functional apart from this...

I've got onboard sound...not sure which type. I can't hear it until I reach 210mph. :blink:

That value seems to be hardcoded. Changing the values in the A/CObject.ini doesn't seem to affect it.

confirmed

218mph deadstick in a spad13 :blink:

[WindSoundOpen]

[WindSoundClosed]

don't seem to work (from my understanding)

i presume that open/closed refer to the cockpit type?

Note that the earlier titles (WOV at least) do not have these parametre groupings

thanks for the persistence Tailspin

Southside Bucky,

I didn't catch TKs reply before Thirdwire went off line for the weekend. What did he say? You know, I probably never would have noticed the lack of wind noise until you pointed it out. You're right. It would be a great feature. Looks like, from the entries to the AircraftObject.ini, that the "groundwork" may already be there. I hope TK can get it working with the hotfix.

P10ppy,

I knew I'd heard it when I was messing around diving airplanes and trying to break them by yanking back the stick at 250mph. :biggrin:

re: open and closed. I figured that too. I tried removing one, then the other, then both. Made no difference. You still don't hear the wind until you dive as fast as you can (from at least 5000ft or you ain't gonna make it) and hit 215 or so. Pull out of the dive and once your speed is below the threshold it stops.

Hi Tailspin.

Can't remember the thread title now...Hotfix or patch issues? something like that :dntknw: .

I compiled a list of issues I thought should be addressed in the Hotfix. He replied, saying he'd have a look at the points I'd made, but he didn't mention the wind noise issue specifically.

Thanks for trying fellas. I appreciate your efforts. :good:

Bucky