Grinch,

Looking good! I'd say be careful though...even though you can make the engine exhaust louvers move with the flight controls, the actual thrust and AB effect won't work the same way.

FC

Thanks for that EricJ, guess I coulda found that out if I looked a bit, but it just occurred to me while typing up the post.

Fast Cargo, yeah, that was a limitation I saw while I was first implementing it. I figure though, we've got lots of aircraft with afterburners that work just fine, but how many aircraft do we have with this awesome effect? :biggrin: Plus its featured in the movie so I wanted to carry that over.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Now, I disappeared for a while but I come back and see lots of juicy stuff!

Amazing work Grinch, can't wait to see it on my HD!

Keep it coming, and feel free to ask for anything you may need!

No problem GrinchWSLG :good:

Quick question. Does anyone know the proper order for the nozzle animation? Should it start in the "closed" position or the full burner position? Or does it start normal and then go through the motions to full burner?

In 3ds max it should be in normal at position 1 and full burner at position 10...burner position is same as gears down,,,etc

Edited by russouk2004

Anyway, when you edit your [Engine] there are specifics keys that points the nozzle opening* to where in its animation timeframe will be at each specific rate. No mater if you start at keyframe 1 with nozzle full open and the last one with fully closed, as long as you point the right values.

That keys are IdleNozzle=X.X, CruiseNozzle=X.X, MilNozzle=X.X, MaxNozzle=X.X and FullABNozzle=X.X, where X.X is any value between 0.0 and 1.0, and where 0.0 is the first frame in your nozzle animation and 1.0 is the last one.

Hope you get the idea :grin:

Oh! I think that Foxmonter didn't got your PM... He is currently working with this...

Pit_02.jpg

Keep the good work!

* Don't know if this is the right word, I learnt English watching TV!

Hope you get the idea :grin:

Hmm, I'll look into that then, cuz it was giving me troubles before but I hadn't seen the cruise, etc points. Your english is great BTW. Working on a Fletcher class destroyer for Wrench at the moment. Well, not doing anything today, drove 7 hours total today down to Indy Center and back for a psych test.

Grinch, just curious if this is still a WIP or on the backburner due to RL reasons.

Just wanted to say hang in there!

Also, do you happen you think a Basara (Kai Fire) texture version might be in the future?

Grinch, just curious if this is still a WIP or on the backburner due to RL reasons.

Backburner. I go through modeling swings. The exterior model and animations are done for the most part. Most weapon hardpoints are modeled but not textured. Cockpit is...um...going no where fast.

In aboot 20 days I'm going to Oklahoma for 6 weeks for training, then I'm moving to Spokane and starting work at KGEG. I'll go through things and see if I can release a beta before I leave, no promises though.

Just wanted to say hang in there!

Also, do you happen you think a Basara (Kai Fire) texture version might be in the future?

I'm gonna leave Basara's texture to someone else...I hate that guy. There'll be a paintkit, hopefully... My PSD files are a royal mess as always. Things that work in my brain definitely don't work for 99% of the population.

Glad you guys are looking forward to this. Sorry I can't deliver as much as I want to. Exterior models I can do. Textures I can do. Everything after that...ehhhhhh.... :dntknw:

Backburner. I go through modeling swings. The exterior model and animations are done for the most part. Most weapon hardpoints are modeled but not textured. Cockpit is...um...going no where fast.

In aboot 20 days I'm going to Oklahoma for 6 weeks for training, then I'm moving to Spokane and starting work at KGEG. I'll go through things and see if I can release a beta before I leave, no promises though.

I'm gonna leave Basara's texture to someone else...I hate that guy. There'll be a paintkit, hopefully... My PSD files are a royal mess as always. Things that work in my brain definitely don't work for 99% of the population.

Glad you guys are looking forward to this. Sorry I can't deliver as much as I want to. Exterior models I can do. Textures I can do. Everything after that...ehhhhhh.... :dntknw:

Looks fantastic! Even be better if it could transform and release volleys of missiles, imagine the havoc it would wreak in Rolling Thunder. Can't wait for your release but nonetheless wateva the end product turns out to be, im sure i'll be the first few to download it and give it a spin. Great work! :good:

Looks fantastic! Even be better if it could transform and release volleys of missiles, imagine the havoc it would wreak in Rolling Thunder. Can't wait for your release but nonetheless wateva the end product turns out to be, im sure i'll be the first few to download it and give it a spin. Great work! :good:

Thanks. Sorry I couldn't get it out before I left for training. Things went faster than I expected. Now that I'm here I really have zero free time. When I'm not at the Academy I'm studying or at the gym, and working nights right off the bat doesn't help things. I'm a certified weather observer now though, and did decently on ground control today during our first table top session, but none of that has anything to do with the YF-19...

Man I really look forward to when this fantastic a/c is available. I hope you don't abandon it, SUH :biggrin:

I don't personally would like it just in fighter form (transforming would be fantastic though) because I want a new aircraft that has super maneuverability...

That would be nice but his intent is purely the fighter mode.

I don't personally would like it just in fighter form (transforming would be fantastic though) because I want a new aircraft that has super maneuverability...

As Eric said, its not my intent, and I still believe its pointless in this sim. I've yet to see a sim platform capable of simulating the unique characteristics of Macross fighters properly. I doubt I have the skill to properly make a fully articulated transforming robot.

Now, off to work!

post-10543-12518127292459_thumb.jpg

"Sorry Goose, it's time to buzz the tower..." :pilotfly:

No hope for any break for a break-through (or just a little bit of progress)?

what's its status now. can't wait to this bird for a spin.

Same as it was before. I'm too busy telling pilots how to do their jobs and keeping runways deiced to bother with this or the two other SF projects I have.

(Snow, ice, and fog, it was a really long day, and I get to get up in 7 hours and do it all over again)

You could always pass it on to someone so that your work isn't lost. I do that occasionally when I have old models I can't bother finishing.

There will be a beta/development package eventually. Just need to find time and willingness to iron out a few things.