Sign in to follow this  
catch

Latest OFF Phase 3 Teaser

Well, OFF rocks but the vid as a bit too long... too much "see - those far pixels are enemies" and only a very brief tour over the scenery which looks awesome.

Well while I agree it looks good ... but, I just can't justify the price of CFSIII and the $50 they want for off. Thats just too far out of bounds on the price. If I got the CFS3 and OFF it would run about $70-$80 for the set and that just too much for a exp pack of CFS3. I understand its very different from CFS3 but its still too expensive to consider for me.

I wish them luck and maybe if the price dropped closer to $25-30 it might be a consideration.

the total package cant really exceed the price of a new game if they wish to get new players to join. So the price of CFS3 is around $25-30 and the add on pack needs to keep under $25 or so to make it appealing to most of us that are looking around at a new sim.

Just my 2 cents and I realize alot of people will disagree and thats cool. Like I said I wish them well it looks nice.

:biggrin:

Well, for one I think they're betting on existing owners of CFS3. I paid full price for CFS3--when it came out in what, 2003? That was 5 years ago! I also paid for Firepower a few years ago. I admit I've barely touched CFS3 for over 2 years since the guy I flew coop with lost his CD and couldn't reinstall, but I still have it on my HD.

Come to think of it, I have MAW DLd but I've yet to install THAT...a project for a rainy day I guess.

Anyway, $50 is what I've spent on the 2 First Eagles releases, while I got all the extras for them for free. Ironnically this looks to have more in it than FE does on install, so I don't think the price is out there. Only the need to own CFS3 already is an issue. If they could get their hands on some copies of CFS3 dirt cheap they could bundle with OFF that likely would help them, yes.

Oh, anyone who thinks you don't need competition and advancement--just look how much CFS3 still is almost FIVE years after release. Good old MS, won't drop the price on anything if there's no replacement.

You can get it for a fiver on ebay!!!

After the effort thats gone into developing OFF,im happy to pay for phase3,and will be without hesitation,just check out the OFF site,cant see any sim that comes close when it comes to the immersion factor.

I agree on the fact of the OFF release being some nice work for sure. Since ALl I have seen is videos I cant comment on playability but it does look like a good product. If CFS3 is closer to the $5 deal then it might get a bit closer to being affordable for me.

FE has probably been a bit of a dual edge sword for me since the FM and all keep changing all over the place and the guys like Peter are kinda getting tired of redoing FMs forever so who knows... maybe oFF 3 is the front runner if the price of CFS3 would drop I would say it stands a good chance.

Good luck to them at OFF no matter what/which way it happens. THey put in a lot of time to make it work and they deserve some recog. Kudos :clapping:

Peace ..

FE has probably been a bit of a dual edge sword for me since the FM and all keep changing all over the place and the guys like Peter are kinda getting tired of redoing FMs forever so who knows... maybe oFF 3 is the front runner if the price of CFS3 would drop I would say it stands a good chance.

I know what you mean about FE... it seems like the enthusiasm is at a pretty low point, I think for the reasons you mentioned. I downloaded OFF Phase 2 about a year ago, then promptly forgot about it, didn't really give it a chance. One of the problems I had with it was all the Heads Up text all over the place, didn't know all of that could be toggled off. Tried it again about a month ago and I was really surprised at how much I liked it. Then my computer died and I had to build a new one, and couldn't find the install files for OFF. Another guy from Canada is sending me a DVD of phase 2 (with the development team's blessing) and I'm pretty excited about getting it, I must say. Since I already have CFS3, I'm on the pre-buy list for Phase 3 too. I think it's pricey but FE with the expansion ran me $60 so it's all relative, I suppose.