I was just wondering if when it came to landing in this game it would feel realistic. I remember playing Janes F18 and everytime i had to land it would feel unatural and it just looked unrealistic. Now Janes f18 was and still is an awesome game, but that really bugged me. A sim that did landing well in my opinion was Janes USAF, even though the physics were in general less realistic, the landing was smooth and felt good.

So to you testers who've played the game, does the landing in LOMAC feel and look realistic or is it no good?

I know what you mean about F18, but from the videos the landings look pretty good in Lomac. Maybe Jeff or MrMudd can comment

Guest MrMudd

... Its pretty decent, I even aerobraked out to 80knots before the nose came down, and after 20 Knots the Nose wheel Strut Compressed. the nose will bob up and down do to thrust and inertia and the ground surface. its nice little details like this that makes the sim enjoyable.

their are Rubber strike sounds. Wheel smoke etc. I enjoy it. Works for me...

Im going to try one wheel landings.

Im going to try one wheel landings.

Sweet! If you can do one wheel landings in LOMAC then I'm happy :D

The only thing i'm worried about is that in Flanker 2.0 when you try to make a one wheeled landing it throws your other wheel to the ground instantly kind of like Janes F18, and since everyones saying that Lomac will resemble Flanker since SSiEagle Dynamics developed it I'm just a little worried.

Well, I think the physics is superior in Lockon, also when you are coming in for a landing. BUUUT, then something weird happens,..... from the smooth glide curve to 1 or 2 meters above the runway every physics is just perfect. But, then it seems that the plane just falls 1 meter directly on the airfield in a split second (when seen from CTRL F4). It doesnt land that smooth seen from behind, and that is just a shame, when everything else is so good. When the plane is down on the airfield everything is just looking good again. Smoke is coming from the wheels, the hydralics shock absorbs bounches etc,........

Do you also have that experience....??

Robert