Sign in to follow this  
Seawolf

WTH is wrong with people??

Is it me or is the Lomac forum at SimHQ getting really wierd. Ever since Carl posted about a demo possibly this week or next people are going nutz and in some cases turning against Lomac like they are trying to eat thier young. I dont see problems here or at the UbiSoft forums, maybe its just me.

People need to relax.

Anticipating Demo: Check

New Computer: Check

Confirm Joystick: Check

Relaxed Mode: Check

All's FFFine here!

Cheers!

Fates

If its about the deadlines..

Well, honestly, i kind of understand it. UBI has yet to hit a deadline they set for themselves. :) Carl actually said the demo will be out "this week at the latest". The week isn't over yet, but it's just gonna be funny if they miss a deadline....again. I realize no one wants a buggy, broken demo, but in my opinion UBI just sets unrealistic goals and then end up moving it back days, weeks, months, etc.. If UBI learns to set deadlines they can achieve then all this flak wouldnt happen in the forums. It's really not brain surgery, but it's extremely important to keep the fanbase happy.

Where exactly did Carl say this week LATEST? Last I remember reading they said barring any problems IF all went well they would try and have it out this week. I've seen several people post this week latest stuff, but I must have missed that one.

In all fairness to Carl Nightstalker, I remember the thread in question and he was very carefull not to give a specific deadline with this demo. He said this week or next depending on issues that might come up. What happens is people take an answer like this week or next and turn it into "Carl said this week, I heard him, he said it" and then you get all of this they lied again garbage.

I guess what ticks me off is how ungratefull people seem to be. I have bitched and moaned about the lack of communication from the SF dev team (TK) until I finally just gave up checking for any updates, but with Lomac I couldnt ask for more communication from a dev team. These guys have been everywhere answering questions, putting out screenshots, movies, etc and up until a couple of months ago there was no demo, but now in a few days we probably will have one. Truth is UbiSoft or ED doesnt owe any of us this demo especially when the release date is now Winter 2003 so the fact that we are getting a demo is really icing on the cake, but still people bitch.

Maybe I need to take my own advice and chill out, but it ticks me off when I see people act like spoiled kids.

No, don't get me wrong, i agree. I'm just saying why the crap is going on, and to a certain point it is understandable.

Must be cause im coming from teh wwiionline boards where the dev team is jsut as active, if not more, with the playerbase

You know what's the sadest part, I should be spending my day-off looking for things wrong with LOMACs A-10 so people can get the best Hog possable but, looks like I will spend the day on the forums..who loses in the end...all of you because, there may have been something I could have found today to make the A-10 better but I spent it on the forums! :cry:

Take a look at the IL2 forums, Ill-tempered, ill-mannered ... People gotta remember these are just games. There is a life outside of games.

Of course, you couldnt tell that by all the posts Ive made here and at the MGG forums... :lol:

I am with Fates on this one though. This sim is mucho anticipated. I intend to add a Biohaz stein so I wont have to get up for a refill as often while Im freeing the democractic world from the evil-empire once its finally released.

Take a look at the IL2 forums, Ill-tempered, ill-mannered ... People gotta remember these are just games. There is a life outside of games. 

yes there is,tho some think games are a part of life,not the distraction from r/l that is ought to be...

I am with Fates on this one though. This sim is mucho anticipated. I intend to add a Biohaz stein so I wont have to get up for a refill as often while Im freeing the democractic world from the evil-empire once its finally released.

if its coffee you might try what I do,main line it... :D

I'm 31 years old--and I honestly can't say when I've look forward to something this much--probably has a lot to do with the fact that LOMAC is all we'll be seeing for awhile--add to that fact that it looks and sounds stunning--and that all the previews tell us we're in for a treat. Everyone is on edge--fueled by posts from Stormin', et. al. I really appreciate everyone keeping us informed, but at the same time, I wonder if that's the best policy.

Again, everyone is on edge. The fact is, Stormin' gave us a credible, reasonable date to expect the demo, barring a catastrophic bug--and therefore, everyone is expecting the demo within 72 hours from now. It's the night before Christmas, and simmers around the world are laying in their beds, staring at the ceiling, then looking at the clock, then staring at the ceiling, then looking at the clock....

It's the like the whole sim community is on "go" pills :) Waiting on the tarmac, ready for takeoff--just hoping that that crew chief doesn't stroll on over to the jet, to inform the pilot there's a problem...

Welp, I need to go do something else--I can't stand staring at the ceiling :)

It's the like the whole sim community is on "go" pills :) Waiting on the tarmac' date=' ready for takeoff--just hoping that that crew chief doesn't stroll on over to the jet, to inform the pilot there's a problem...

quote']

that is when the pilots comm gear goes awry and the pilot swears he dont see the crew chief in front of him waving arms like hell.....

I think its just a massive Meth epedemic in the sim community.

See they are anxious, and unnerved, and in a general state idiotic frenzy.

Either that or some people just need to find something a little more stable to lean their lives against.

As we have seen, there are weirdo's in our midst.

Note: the meth thing is a joke.

But people really just need to chill, and go outside or something.

Dice, Dude, Screw um! Go fly the A10 and forget about these boards. The same people who are raising a stink right now will be first in line buying a copy when its released. It's all a bunch of kids with nothing better to do than bitch and moan. Go do your thing and forget about these morons.

You know what's the sadest part, I should be spending my day-off looking for things wrong with LOMACs A-10 so people can get the best Hog possable but, looks like I will spend the day on the forums..who loses in the end...all of you because, there may have been something I could have found today to make the A-10 better but I spent it on the forums!  :cry:

Well if you want to say "Told ya so" now would be a good time. LOL :wink:

I feel bad for people like Carl who are trying to do the right thing but powerless against the decisions made by ubisoft.

He does the best he can to not lead people on, but people only see what they want to and nothing he says will make a difference in how people act.

I must say this forum has really shown its maturity level so far and kudos to everyone for maintaining and even straight.

No, don't get me wrong, i agree. I'm just saying why the crap is going on, and to a certain point it is understandable.

Must be cause im coming from teh wwiionline boards where the dev team is jsut as active, if not more, with the playerbase