Sign in to follow this  
krgf15

Out of Idaho in 6 weeks!

Anyone know of any really good tourist stops on the west coast to see with kids? I can read all I want on the internet, but I would like to see what other people think.I mean like San Fran and north, since ill be going to san fran and driving north to Alaska

Anyone know of any really good tourist stops on the west coast to see with kids? I can read all I want on the internet, but I would like to see what other people think.I mean like San Fran and north, since ill be going to san fran and driving north to Alaska

Mt. Shasta National Park, Lasen Volcanic National Park, Yosemite National Park, the Redwoods, http://home.nps.gov/applications/parksearch/state.cfm?st=ca

Take hiway 101 down the coast. You go thru the redwoods, 'Frisco and Sausilito, and some pretty nice scenery. Remember the song Ventura Highway by America? The Oregon coast is awesome too. It starts in Olympia, Wa. and ends near San Diego.

Edited by pcpilot

Going to Alaska from San Francisco? There are about a million cool things along that route. Too many to see in one trip (or lifetime). That is a long, long ride over some difficult road (up north). But the scenery is one of the most spectacular in the world. The Rocky Mountians run into the sea in British Columbia. The fjords are like Norway. The mountains are like the Alps. Don't miss the sea lions at Fisherman's Warf in San Francisco. Kids would love that. The sea lions just lay there on the dock and get in the way. They're wild animals but they know they're safe. Hey--it's California!

Have fun.

:good:

Going to Alaska from San Francisco? There are about a million cool things along that route. Too many to see in one trip (or lifetime). That is a long, long ride over some difficult road (up north). But the scenery is one of the most spectacular in the world. The Rocky Mountians run into the sea in British Columbia. The fjords are like Norway. The mountains are like the Alps. Don't miss the sea lions at Fisherman's Warf in San Francisco. Kids would love that. The sea lions just lay there on the dock and get in the way. They're wild animals but they know they're safe. Hey--it's California!

Have fun.

:good:

I can handle the drive, I was at Elmendorf before, and I drove there first, then I drove to Alabama to visit my mom, and then from alabama to this assignment in Idaho

Well having lived in the Bay area from feb of '02 til Mar. of '07 Parking in SF is a absolute nightmare! If you MUST go there take BART. Gas was $4 bucks a gallon :blink: when I left there. Bring pleanty of cash or plastic! I could tell you a lot more that you may not want to hear but where is the fun in that?

you are driving to Alaska? you do know it is like 4,000 miles from Idaho right? and yo have to get past the Canadiens...and snow dragons...and after all of that...you are then in Alaska...